Author Topic: La Tech  (Read 9633 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: La Tech
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2015, 08:17:38 AM »
1. Do we have both Barnett and McDaniel for this one? If so...I'd take Kstate and the -9 in heartbeat.

2. Huebs will go deep in the 2nd half. I expect their average DB's to get flagged for interference at least twice....could be some headsets thrown.

3. If Drisk was worth a crap he's still be a Gator.
McDaniel will play, Barnett is supposedly out until at least TCU.

I'm not nearly as concerned about Driskel as I am about their RB Dixon. I think we'll control the line of scrimmage, but our LBs will need to tackle well.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2015, 08:47:33 AM »
1. Do we have both Barnett and McDaniel for this one? If so...I'd take Kstate and the -9 in heartbeat.

2. Huebs will go deep in the 2nd half. I expect their average DB's to get flagged for interference at least twice....could be some headsets thrown.

3. If Drisk was worth a crap he's still be a Gator.
McDaniel will play, Barnett is supposedly out until at least TCU.

I'm not nearly as concerned about Driskel as I am about their RB Dixon. I think we'll control the line of scrimmage, but our LBs will need to tackle well.

I understand it was against inferior competition, but I am pretty confident in our run stopping ability. This is a team that is only giving up an average of 49 rushing yards a game so far. Am I being overconfident?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2015, 08:48:44 AM »
It doesn't really count
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2015, 08:56:59 AM »
He has nearly 4300 total yards and 65 TDs in his career. I'm not overlooking him no matter who the competition was.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2015, 09:03:45 AM »
For everyone that gave the inside scoop that La Tech is generally hot garbage. Why do sports writers keep saying this is a game we could lose?

If the Wildcats hope to surprise, they need to get Barnett -- whose future status is unknown -- back into the lineup. The senior is a three-year starter and one of the leaders on the defense and entire roster.

In fact, Barnett is important enough I'd consider sitting him against Louisiana Tech this weekend, even if he can play. True enough, Louisiana Tech is a real tough matchup that could make the Wildcats pay for sitting Barnett and leave Manhattan, Kansas with an upset.

I'd do it anyway. A healthy Barnett could be the key to a strong conference showing and sitting him this weekend would give him until the Oct. 3 trip to Oklahoma State to get healthy and ready for conference play.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/103542/a-healthy-dante-barnett-could-be-key-for-kansas-states-big-12-run

No way La Tech marches into BSFS and takes one right?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2015, 09:09:37 AM »
For everyone that gave the inside scoop that La Tech is generally hot garbage. Why do sports writers keep saying this is a game we could lose?

because, by and large, sports writers are dumbasses. 

I was convinced we were losing to UTSA after hearing sports writers talk about them. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2015, 09:10:59 AM »
La Tech is a much better team than UTSA, but they aren't nearly as good as our cats. Cats roll, and if we can create turnovers on defense, we win big.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2015, 10:04:18 AM »
Don't forget this is the same La Tech that had the embarrassing loss to KU a few years back. There are probably some upperclassmen on that team that have been waiting to get that monkey off their back for a while now and will be out for blood against big brother.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2015, 12:31:39 PM »
All this crap is from Chatmon. The dude last week was all about is potentially losing to UTSA, and for about half the game it kinda looked like that, and then we settled in a rolled after half. La Tech may be better but at home with another week of practice and adjustments I see this once again being a maybe closer game in the first half and then adjust and roll second half.

He's also the same one touting how big the "loss" of Ertz was, which I think we have established is a non argument since we have no clue what we are missing in Ertz and Bazooka Joe has been alright and improving. Won't disagree in the premise that we need Barnett back in the long run, but this D has given up only 3 points while having him only play about 1/2 game. We're fine for now, one player isn't going to make that big of a difference.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2015, 03:30:39 PM »
Nick Leckey was worried this morning.    :ohno:

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2015, 06:24:47 PM »
Vegas wtf

The Big Train

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2015, 08:47:14 PM »

If the Wildcats hope to surprise, they need to get Barnett -- whose future status is unknown -- back into the lineup. The senior is a three-year starter and one of the leaders on the defense and entire roster.

In fact, Barnett is important enough I'd consider sitting him against Louisiana Tech this weekend, even if he can play. True enough, Louisiana Tech is a real tough matchup that could make the Wildcats pay for sitting Barnett and leave Manhattan, Kansas with an upset.

I'd do it anyway. A healthy Barnett could be the key to a strong conference showing and sitting him this weekend would give him until the Oct. 3 trip to Oklahoma State to get healthy and ready for conference play.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/103542/a-healthy-dante-barnett-could-be-key-for-kansas-states-big-12-run

No way La Tech marches into BSFS and takes one right?

NOPE!