Author Topic: Time to man up and be real fans. (Long)  (Read 5525 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: Time to man up and be real fans. (Long)
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2013, 01:24:22 PM »
I still contend Wooldridge deserved another year.  Great coach, good man, just had one too many snake bites, unfortunately.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2013, 01:27:36 PM »
no

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »
I don't really get how wanting to have continued success is immediate gratification.  It's not like we are expecting to go from a below .500 team to the Final Four.  We have gone to the NCAA tourney five out of the last six years.  For most Cat bball fans, that is six years of success, so obviously we must have been doing something right.  At this point in the season it looks like we are not even an NIT team.  I think it is completely acceptable as a "real" fan to assume the program is going to make an effort to step forward every year.  It is just disappointing to see that we are not, and it's OK to get pissed off because of it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2013, 05:58:38 PM »
The very argument of instant gratification is put on it's head thanks to confy champy last yr. 

How do you reconcile your stance as a dumbass tuck if you argue the former but actually understand the latter occured?

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2013, 12:49:09 AM »
Getting our face beat in with a sledgehammer by KU twice and then getting knocked out of the NCAAs by Northeastern Czechoslovakia and then Angel leaving all kinda put some tarnish on that confy.  Maybe a ray of hope would help rally the troops.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2013, 03:08:17 AM »
Getting our face beat in with a sledgehammer by KU twice and then getting knocked out of the NCAAs by Northeastern Czechoslovakia and then Angel leaving all kinda put some tarnish on that confy.  Maybe a ray of hope would help rally the troops.

Like winning games against crap teams you are favored against? That would be a good start. I wouldn't mind it.