Author Topic: Rate this meltdown  (Read 2836 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Rate this meltdown
« on: November 09, 2013, 08:51:58 AM »
On a scale of 10, I'd give it a 1 or 2.  95% of it is just the same old BIDers doing the same old BID routine that they do at every possible opportunity.  It's like watching Jay Leno disinterestedly going through the motions of telling the same damn jokes he's been telling for the past 30 years.  Totally uninspired.  Where's the fire?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Rate this meltdown
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 08:55:12 AM »
nobody cares about basketball anymore. it's sad. basketball is a loser sport, tho.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 08:56:41 AM »
Maybe a 3 or 4. There are a few non BIDers who are hopping on the bandwagon. The upcoming bad losses will probably make for a bigger meltdown.
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 08:57:39 AM »
nobody cares about basketball anymore. it's sad. basketball is a loser sport, tho.
It's for guys who aren't physical enough to play football

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 08:59:09 AM »
nobody cares about basketball anymore.

In that case, it sounds like Currie made the right hire.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 09:01:34 AM »
Why on earth do you sit Gipson when you know you haven't recruited anyone else to play the post? :curse:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 09:06:29 AM »
I'm actually kinda interested to see just how bad we get with Weber. So I'm not even mad, more excited to see where it ends up. Plus it free's up my entire winter, we'll have so much more time for activities.

I'll be closely watching mid-majors this year to see who we most resemble. Hoping for Iona or Elon  :crossfingers:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 09:06:39 AM »
Why on earth do you sit Gipson when you know you haven't recruited anyone else to play the post? :curse:

MARIJUANA!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 09:06:52 AM »
nobody cares about basketball anymore.

In that case, it sounds like Currie made the right hire.

hardware

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 09:19:28 AM »
Was going to start a thread about this loss affecting the football teams moral and thus being a reason they lose today.  The fire is just not there.  Hate that because I love me some  :block:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline rollingplains

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 09:46:25 AM »

Ohhhhh now you clowns with the TITLE TOWN fantasy are playing the "We don't care about basketball card"   hahahahah what the hell is going to happen in GOATVILLE when old balls leaves you and you have nothing left :billdance: :billdance: :billdance:  Nice job last night

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 09:57:09 AM »
I was more upset with how I reacted to the loss (very :don'tcare:)  than the actual loss.  :frown:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 09:59:45 AM »
I just got done watching the game/finding out the result.  didnt throw a single thing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 09:59:59 AM »

Ohhhhh now you clowns with the TITLE TOWN fantasy are playing the "We don't care about basketball card"   hahahahah what the hell is going to happen in GOATVILLE when old balls leaves you and you have nothing left :billdance: :billdance: :billdance:  Nice job last night

yeah, Football is really all that matters.... though we are the defending champs in hoops anyway.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 10:16:02 AM »
I mean we all knew crap like this would happen so it's tough to get too worked up about it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 03:35:55 PM »

pretty sure no one cared last year either.  did you even see our attendance during a conf championship season?  basketball is for losers and k-state knows this.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 04:44:33 PM »

pretty sure no one cared last year either.  did you even see our attendance during a conf championship season?  basketball is for losers and k-state knows this.

Yeah we didn't care THAT much. i think we put our trophy next to the women's trophy, if that shows how much we cared.
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 08:45:44 PM »
i am literally just now finding out about the loss.  i found out by google searching "goEMAW" and setting the search tools to search "last month."  i do that from time to time to see if anyone's talking bad about us.

i found a link to an illini board talking about "heading over to goEMAW to watch the meltdown."  i thought that was pretty odd.  then i checked espn.com to look at k-state hoops scores.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 08:47:57 PM »
you should start a "who's talking bad about goEMAW.blog this month - OFFICIAL MASTER THREAD" thread.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 12:39:29 AM »
It's a pretend meltdown, with football heading towards 9-4 and distrust of Weber most people do not care. Very Wooly feel to the next few years of hoops

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 03:44:00 AM »
It really rough ridin' sucks when you were there for Wooly, felt unbridled Joy for hugs and knowing they players were coming in, the terror when he bolted, and the fun of Frank the first few years (E8/Jake).  I don't want to go back to the quality of team that loses to EA Sports traveling team.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 09:10:25 PM »
i am literally just now finding out about the loss.  i found out by google searching "goEMAW" and setting the search tools to search "last month."  i do that from time to time to see if anyone's talking bad about us.

i found a link to an illini board talking about "heading over to goEMAW to watch the meltdown."  i thought that was pretty odd.  then i checked espn.com to look at k-state hoops scores.

:lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 09:14:43 PM »
The EA sports team was actually pretty good. They had Rumeal Robinson.