Author Topic: HR  (Read 11168 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: HR
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2013, 02:34:14 PM »
The HR woman called my boss.  He told her thay they've been working on the problem.  And that was about it.  I was like, "so, they can just say that they're working on the problem indefinitely while never really needing to address it?" She gave me some non-answer bullshit in response.   

Your boss sounds like he has done this before. Sorry brah.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »
Going over the bosses head never ends well for the subordinate.  I've watched many a scrub try it and end up with more of a work load than they had before they complained.

:users:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2013, 03:09:14 PM »
Going over the bosses head never ends well for the subordinate.  I've watched many a scrub try it and end up with more of a work load than they had before they complained.

I'm in a stronger position now than I was before, you coward. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2013, 03:12:51 PM »

I'm not 100% sure you understand how "office politics" work.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2013, 03:13:35 PM »

If you were a stud at your job then there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.  You shouldn't need a third party to resolve this issue.  you pussy

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »
Now you have two superiors ignoring you.   :lol:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2013, 03:32:20 PM »

If you were a stud at your job then there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.  You shouldn't need a third party to resolve this issue.  you pussy

Nothing demonstrates strength like telling and then getting flat mushed by the person you told.  He's pretty much the boss of everybody right now.  Power move.  Check and mate. 

chum1: 1
world: 0
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: HR
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »

Nothing demonstrates strength like telling and then getting flat mushed by the person you told.  He's pretty much the boss of everybody right now.  Power move.  Check and mate. 

chum1: 1
world: 0

oh man

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »
This is a tough situation.  The HR route clearly didn't go in your favor.  Have you tried urinating in some of your boss's plants or leaving a piece of your crap under their chair.  Obviously the high route didn't take place, but vengeance could be cathartic for you.

Seriously though, could you have an open/civil discussion with your boss on how to improve your work on this project.  Sometimes cowboying up and getting the job done is all that any of us can do.
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »
You guys are short sighted.  Here's the upside:  I'm now on record as having asked for a change and my boss is now on record saying that a change is coming.  That's probably sufficient to cause a change within a few months.  The worst case scenario is that six months pass, nothing happens, and HR wants to ask a lot more questions. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2013, 05:06:17 PM »
I also got another email just now by a company i'd like to work for. A couple of goEMAW'rs work there and linked me to it. T's & P's you guys.  :crossfingers:
eff Trim what did you do?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2013, 05:10:24 PM »
I have a look I shoot my superiors when they try to big dog me and boss me around.  I call it my "I'm gonna tell" face.  It's a look of what you might describe as stern anxiety with just a pinch of crazed fear. 

Superior: "Hey Bread I need you to do this professional work-related thing."
Bread:  :comeatme:
Superior: "Maybe later, bud." :clac:
Bread:  :babywillie:

Later never comes. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »
I also got another email just now by a company i'd like to work for. A couple of goEMAW'rs work there and linked me to it. T's & P's you guys.  :crossfingers:
eff Trim what did you do?

:lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »
I have a look I shoot my superiors when they try to big dog me and boss me around.  I call it my "I'm gonna tell" face.  It's a look of what you might describe as stern anxiety with just a pinch of crazed fear. 

Superior: "Hey Bread I need you to do this professional work-related thing."
Bread:  :comeatme:
Superior: "Maybe later, bud." :clac:
Bread:  :babywillie:

Later never comes.

:lol: