Author Topic: Standings: 2 through 6  (Read 1230 times)

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Standings: 2 through 6
« on: January 31, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »
This will be really fascinating how this shakes out. We finish 2nd we could have the inside track to KC for the tourney. This next stretch we can really position ourselves @OU, @TT and home against ISU.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:38:01 AM by AppleJack »
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Standings: 2 through 5
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »
This will be really fascinating how this shakes out. We finish 2nd we could have the inside track to KC for the tourney. This next stretch we can really position ourselves @OU, @TT and home against ISU.
I wonder what this will do for the Big 12's NCAA spots if there is a huge chunk of teams in the middle of the pack.  Will teams get bumped ala TTU over KSU some years ago, or will the Big 12 surprise with 6(+?) entries.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Standings: 2 through 6
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 10:48:04 AM »
I wonder what this will do for the Big 12's NCAA spots if there is a huge chunk of teams in the middle of the pack.  Will teams get bumped ala TTU over KSU some years ago, or will the Big 12 surprise with 6(+?) entries.

It should help that the Big 12 has a balanced schedule, so an argument can't be made among conference schools that one team played a tougher schedule than the other.

All the teams are projected to have RPIs under 50, so that gives each an opportunity for 4 Top 50 RPI wins. The team that can manage a win or two against the other 4 on the road or get a win against KU will have a chance to separate as long as they avoid bad losses. The Big 12 should get 5 and may get 6 if those teams all win at home and lose on the road against each other.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 11:43:16 AM »
ISU at home is so, so very big

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »
ISU at home is so, so very big

Super bowl no doubt
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:59:33 AM »
I'm going to invest in Sprint Center NCAA Tourney tickets. Boom.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:05:32 PM »
I'm going to invest in Sprint Center NCAA Tourney tickets. Boom.

Tell you what, can't say I wouldn't be excited to drop my Will hate for a couple days to see him go off for about 40 in Spradling Family Arena in an NCAA torn-a-ment game

Offline JKEYS

• Combo-Fan
  • Winner of the 2013 Ed's NCAA Challenge (RESPECT!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »

Just as likely to get 4 as to get 7 IMO.  That 7th spot would go to who?  WV?  LOL.

If they keep beating each other up, there's a good chance that an OSU or ISU type team is left out (the @tech loss will smart for ISU if we are their biggest W on the year).

Lots of mediocrity in college b-ball this year means lots of "bubble" teams IMO.
Kansas City SEO consulting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 02:51:59 PM »

Just as likely to get 4 as to get 7 IMO.  That 7th spot would go to who?  WV?  LOL.

If they keep beating each other up, there's a good chance that an OSU or ISU type team is left out (the @tech loss will smart for ISU if we are their biggest W on the year).

Lots of mediocrity in college b-ball this year means lots of "bubble" teams IMO.

Team 6 will be at .500 in conference play but they should be able to get a couple of top 50 wins