Author Topic: Congrats on a great season  (Read 4643 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats on a great season
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 10:00:13 AM »
Kelly is gone.  The NCAA is coming and he won't be around to face the music.  That's college football.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 10:04:19 AM »
Anyone thing we would go with Sean for say 4 years or so. Let him fail and Pick up Kelly on his return after getting fired by his NFL team. It will be like Saban all over again.
RIP Fatty

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 10:07:39 AM »
Why does he talk out of the side of his mouth though?

Bell's palsy.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 10:42:02 AM »
Anyone thing we would go with Sean for say 4 years or so. Let him fail and Pick up Kelly on his return after getting fired by his NFL team. It will be like Saban all over again.

conversation at our watch party....won't happen, but decent idea.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline GoDucks349

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »
Also, you guys are returning a crap load of talent.  ESPN said something like 69 frosh and soph coming back.  Insane.

Yea the Ducks are very young this year. Plus, I suspect we've got some pretty good quality recruits coming in next year. Still wish Harper would have stayed at Oregon, he's a stud.

Offline GoDucks349

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 06:49:02 PM »
Thanks Duck fan. 

Have fun with that coaching search.  Any chance of internal promotion if CK jumps?

Obviously as a Duck fan I'd like to see coach Kelly stay. I have just a feeling that he might stay to win a National Championship. It's a long shot, but that's all I've got right now. As for a replacement, that's an interesting question, I'd like to see the Ducks continue with the same offensive philosophy and I'm not sure that would happen if you brought someone in. Helfritch, Offensive Coordinator is a local guy, his family is more well known locally as the best fishing guides in the area. One boat landing is named after them. I've used them for a trip down the middle fork of the Salmon River in Idaho. Point is deep roots in the Eugene area and better chance of a long term coach going forward. The Ducks have been a program that sticks by a coach for a long time. Brook, Bellotti, Kelly (if he'll stay). Track coaches, basketball coaches etc. Defensive coordinator Allioti has been there something like 18 years with three different head coaches.

Kelly rubs some big buck alum the wrong way because he's not a "schmoozer", I have no problem with Kelly in this area, I have a problem with the big bucks guys wanting access and a "golf buddy". I'd rather Kelly be visiting with the troops, like he does, going to Africa and visiting with young women talking about education, and helping bring attention to the problems of the world than playing golf with some booster that thinks he has a right to Kelly's time.

Did not know all this. Seems like a quality dude.

Why does he talk out of the side of his mouth though?

Don't know why he talks out of the side of his mouth.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 07:25:12 PM »
Can you give us some background on your disgusting human of a LB that did the flying headbutt to our QB and then followed with a wind up forearm to the head...tia

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
I also don't like how Kelly sticks his tongue out when he's talking.

It will play well in the NFL, just think of Jimmie Johnson's hair. Seamless transition from college game to pros.

Offline GoDucks349

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 07:40:33 PM »
Can you give us some background on your disgusting human of a LB that did the flying headbutt to our QB and then followed with a wind up forearm to the head...tia

He's been in trouble a couple times, but he's coming around and is in the process of "righting" his life. He's graduating and headed to the NFL. I didn't like the shot he took and I certainly am glad no injury was incurred. It certainly didn't impact the outcome of the game. I was surprised the officials didn't call it.

I do think those things get over looked a bit more in big bowl games. I remember Auburn's Farley kicking La Micheal James in the head while James was on the ground. No call was made.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 09:25:24 PM »
I've noticed this too.... Florida St was targeting the head all game and they never got called... I noticed it in at least two other games too not including the cheap shot last not. Very weird.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 09:55:41 PM »
I want to hate Chip, but i can't. He seems like an OK guy.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 09:58:30 PM »

He was kind and generous to us when he could have made the score 52-17 or something.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 12:04:37 AM »

He was kind and generous to us when he could have made the score 52-17 or something.

yeah, he did that all year.  I also want to hate him, but just can't.   He does seem like a really good dude.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2013, 11:46:57 AM »
I'm not so sure Oregon isn't the best team in the country. Good team.

i think they are.

I know Oregon could beat ND. 'Bama? Not so sure, but quite possibly.

Yea, I think Bama's going to roll over ND. and I think Oregon would have beat ND "BIG". I think K State would beat ND as well.

Sorry, but K-State would not have scored on Notre Dame. Oregon's red zone and big play D won the Fiesta Bowl. The defense was perfectly prepared to stop KSU's option checks near the goal line and to prevent the Snyder fav PA deep balls after turnovers. Piss poor job by KSU's offense adjusting to that until it was too late. Oregon D allowed some rushing yards to KSU outside the red zone, which Notre Dame would not.

I think Oregon would have trouble scoring on ND, as well. Still might be able to score more than ND could, but I wasn't blown away by the Oregon O. There is speed, yes, but I didn't see an offense any more remarkable than what we've seen from Tech, Baylor, and OU over the past decade. Just like those teams, they would have trouble against a team with size and speed on defense, like ND. Oregon rushed for 95 yards against LSU in 2011.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 10:11:05 PM »

i think they are.

Yea, I think Bama's going to roll over ND. and I think Oregon would have beat ND "BIG". I think K State would beat ND as well.

Sorry, but K-State would not have scored on Notre Dame. Oregon's red zone and big play D won the Fiesta Bowl. The defense was perfectly prepared to stop KSU's option checks near the goal line and to prevent the Snyder fav PA deep balls after turnovers. Piss poor job by KSU's offense adjusting to that until it was too late. Oregon D allowed some rushing yards to KSU outside the red zone, which Notre Dame would not.

I think Oregon would have trouble scoring on ND, as well. Still might be able to score more than ND could, but I wasn't blown away by the Oregon O. There is speed, yes, but I didn't see an offense any more remarkable than what we've seen from Tech, Baylor, and OU over the past decade. Just like those teams, they would have trouble against a team with size and speed on defense, like ND. Oregon rushed for 95 yards against LSU in 2011.
Ya, Notre Dames D looks really relevant now. 
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 10:58:27 PM »

i think they are.

Ya, Notre Dames D looks really relevant now.

Not only irrelevant...it had no look at all.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 09:26:30 AM »
Sorry, but K-State would not have scored on Notre Dame.
 :lol:

I think Oregon would have trouble scoring on ND, as well.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 11:36:43 AM »
I'm honored that folks kept my post in mind to revisit.   :love:

So Oregon could score on ND, obviously. Still have my doubts as to whether our dogcrap Fiesta Bowl offense could. Their faceplant against Bama last night aside, Notre Dame's defense was pretty impressive until then.  :dunno:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Congrats on a great season
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 01:24:40 PM »
No they weren't. They pretty much played absolute crap teams all year, and that was proven last night.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 01:31:25 PM »
No they weren't. They pretty much played absolute crap teams all year, and that was proven last night.

And OU's crappy performances against Notre Dame and aTm, and our crappy performances against OU and Oregon, who couldn't handle Stanford even though Notre Dame could, shows that we were a crappier team than Notre Dame, and that, in reality, the Big 12 was pretty much a crap conference.

I guess it's true what they say: if K-State can win the Big 12, then it's a down year for the conference.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:36:38 PM by slimz »