Author Topic: Angel = Leader  (Read 1521 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Angel = Leader
« on: October 29, 2012, 11:24:12 PM »
Does it make me a bad person to think that Angel is going to turn into Jake and take over games when the going gets tough? Seems like he would be good at yelling at and encouraging teammates. Thoughts?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Angel = Leader
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »
Does it make me a bad person to think that Angel is going to turn into Jake and take over games when the going gets tough? Seems like he would be good at yelling at and encouraging teammates. Thoughts?

Not yet.  He'll need to be next year, but he isn't yet, he's a true Sophomore on a team filled with juniors and seniors.  Love Angel, he isn't and won't be Jake.  Remember Pullen was THE man going into his sophomore season, not the case for Angel.

Angel needs to take care of the basketball, guard, create, and be a threat to stretch the defense.  He doesn't need to worry about being rah rah.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 12:00:12 AM »
It doesn't make you a bad person but it makes you (and MiR) sound like people who didn't watch any games last year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 12:32:33 AM »
It doesn't make you a bad person but it makes you (and MiR) sound like people who didn't watch any games last year.

I'm assuming you're bent over the "he'll never be Jake" comment?  I'm real comfortable with that.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 12:38:48 AM »

I'm assuming you're bent over the "he'll never be Jake" comment?  I'm real comfortable with that.

This team is Angel's when the game is on the line, like it was last year down the stretch. Or at least it should be.

Of course "he'll never be Jake" - no two players are identical. But if anything the team will rely on Angel MORE in situations where we need to create offense than we did on Jake in 08-09. Who is Angel's Denis?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 01:01:23 AM »

This team is Angel's when the game is on the line, like it was last year down the stretch. Or at least it should be.

Of course "he'll never be Jake" - no two players are identical. But if anything the team will rely on Angel MORE in situations where we need to create offense than we did on Jake in 08-09. Who is Angel's Denis?

First of all you're being hyper-defensive about Angel.  I'm not minimizing his importance.  I listed all of the things we need him to be and then said he doesn't need to worry about being rah-rah.  If you couldn't tell by the responsibilities I listed for him I think he is the most important player on the team.  Now that being said...

It was his team last year by default, we had no other guard that had the capability of taking over anything, see the other thread that is now about Will.  If Frank had the choice I don't think he would have preferred for Angel to be out there like that in situations like the Baylor & KU games.  We were better for it late in the season and this and each successive season.  It wasn't his team in the abstract term that is being bantered about in this thread, pretty much a rehash of the last leadership thread, but it was his team in the fact that the ball was in his hands when it mattered.

As far as the 08-09 comparison, there isn't a perfect one because unless there is another guard has a hell of an unexpected breakout.  Angel is going to have to be a little of both Jake and Denis.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 09:17:46 AM »
when you have the ball in your hands, you're a leader, whether you want to be or not.  pretty sure ar-t wants to be, anyways.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28:11 AM »
So Clent was the leader in 07-08?  Quite a change in talking point from ksufans.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »
when you have the ball in your hands, you're a leader, whether you want to be or not.  pretty sure ar-t wants to be, anyways.

What if the coach puts it there and you(being a coward) want nothing more than to immediately get rid of it to any other player nearest you who can dribble?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
So Clent was the leader in 07-08?  Quite a change in talking point from ksufans.

i was always pretty pro-stewart, although he was very disappointing in his sr. year.  irregardless, in bball, the ball is power.  he who has the ball is respected and admired by teammates, because he has what they want.  you know that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »
What if the coach puts it there and you(being a coward) want nothing more than to immediately get rid of it to any other player nearest you who can dribble?

then you're a treacherous coward, and you aren't ar-t.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »

then you're a treacherous coward, and you aren't ar-t.

:thumbs:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 11:03:04 AM »

i was always pretty pro-stewart, although he was very disappointing in his sr. year.  irregardless, in bball, the ball is power.  he who has the ball is respected and admired by teammates, because he has what they want.  you know that.

it sounds like what you're describing is a team leader.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 02:30:06 PM »
yelling is no longer allowed.

only hugs and chicken nuggets and bad defense and inbounds plays