Author Topic: Apparently, Clemson went hard after Currie  (Read 12813 times)

Offline Barry McCockner

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Apparently, Clemson went hard after Currie
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2012, 09:33:57 PM »

Don't know/care whether you are a oscar apologist or not, but just watch.  The "can't recruit to K-State" talking point is going to come back with a vengeance, whether you individually make that argument or not.

Well, like I said, I'll never make the argument.  Never have.  Days of Timmy Weiser are over.  All things KSTATEO seem to be diminishing.  In all seriousness, this is as close to a golden era as fans have had in K-State sports history.  I hope that with the NCAA bball and football success and the massive facility upgrades, and with the night and day transformation of the general fan experience, fans will fiercly resist devolving into another era of Wooly mediocrity. 

I hope I'm not wrong.  Ironically, the worst thing that could happen is sustained football success.  See Nebraska.

This.

Oh, bullshit. You can also see Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, and Florida. We're just adding cars to the excuse train if we blame football success for ANYTHING bad that happens to basketball.

Hold on.  You are totally misreading the post if you are taking it is football being an excuse for the impending basketball failure.  The point is that as football rises, it distracts 99% of our fanbase from the fact that Currie crap on the basketball program by hiring Weber.  Make no mistake, the blame will be squarely on Currie & Weber.   The problem is, as long as football is kicking ass, most people will shrug off the dumpster fire.
"WELL BARYY YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YOU DO BECUZ IF YOU DONT DO IT, THEN WHO WILL - YOU GOTTA HAVE HART AND DATERMANASHIN AND FLOURIDE IN YOUR SYSTEM TO BE A TRUE CHAMPION" - The Ed

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently, Clemson went hard after Currie
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »

well Gottlieb would have been high risk/high reward. Much like our last 2 hires, which turned out fantastic. Hiring Weber is high risk/low reward. Unless you think dwindling in mediocrity is not a risk. In which case hiring Weber is low risk/low reward.

Yeah, Gottlieb is not anything like our last 2 hires.  For starters, Huggins was a professional basketball coach.  Frank was attached to Te who delivered Beasley. 

Weber may fail.  Gottlieb may have failed.  Difference is that Weber is a basketball coach and Gottlieb is a journalist who played basketball in college.   

Jesus Christ man, its coaching basketball not open heart surgery

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:04 PM »
Will Cauley was never going to K-State even befor Cal went all in, he wasn't going to deal with Frank.

It's highly debateable if Upshaw could have even gotten into school and that's saying something

:blah:  I don't know how you have time for anything else with the constant stream of bullshit emanating from all of your holes.  You're dangerously close to pathological liar

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »

well Gottlieb would have been high risk/high reward. Much like our last 2 hires, which turned out fantastic. Hiring Weber is high risk/low reward. Unless you think dwindling in mediocrity is not a risk. In which case hiring Weber is low risk/low reward.

Yeah, Gottlieb is not anything like our last 2 hires.  For starters, Huggins was a professional basketball coach.  Frank was attached to Te who delivered Beasley. 

Weber may fail.  Gottlieb may have failed.  Difference is that Weber is a basketball coach and Gottlieb is a journalist who played basketball in college.   

D1 basketball coaches (in bcs conferences) make like 4 times more money than heart surgeons, so it must be pretty hard.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Apparently, Clemson went hard after Currie
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »

Don't know/care whether you are a oscar apologist or not, but just watch.  The "can't recruit to K-State" talking point is going to come back with a vengeance, whether you individually make that argument or not.

Well, like I said, I'll never make the argument.  Never have.  Days of Timmy Weiser are over.  All things KSTATEO seem to be diminishing.  In all seriousness, this is as close to a golden era as fans have had in K-State sports history.  I hope that with the NCAA bball and football success and the massive facility upgrades, and with the night and day transformation of the general fan experience, fans will fiercly resist devolving into another era of Wooly mediocrity. 

I hope I'm not wrong.  Ironically, the worst thing that could happen is sustained football success.  See Nebraska.

This.

Oh, bullshit. You can also see Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, and Florida. We're just adding cars to the excuse train if we blame football success for ANYTHING bad that happens to basketball.

Hold on.  You are totally misreading the post if you are taking it is football being an excuse for the impending basketball failure.  The point is that as football rises, it distracts 99% of our fanbase from the fact that Currie crap on the basketball program by hiring Weber.  Make no mistake, the blame will be squarely on Currie & Weber.   The problem is, as long as football is kicking ass, most people will shrug off the dumpster fire.

That makes sense,  I guess. I don't think Frank would have kept his job if he had a couple nit's, though, regardless of football. Weber will be okay for at least four years, at least.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Apparently, Clemson went hard after Currie
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2012, 10:36:40 PM »

D1 basketball coaches (in bcs conferences) make like 4 times more money than heart surgeons, so it must be pretty hard.

You're right, it's hard in the same way winning the lottery is hard.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Apparently, Clemson went hard after Currie
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »

This.

That makes sense,  I guess. I don't think Frank would have kept his job if he had a couple nit's, though, regardless of football. Weber will be okay for at least four years, at least.

how many years should he get michigancat?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Apparently, Clemson went hard after Currie
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »

This.

how many years should he get michigancat?

Zero.