Author Topic: encouraging sign about our DE signee Marquel Bryant...  (Read 2775 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
encouraging sign about our DE signee Marquel Bryant...
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »
been out runnin fellow teammate and OU signee Frank Shannon in sprints in track.  Bryant's best times in 100 - 11.2 and 200 - 23.5

He anchors skyline's 4x100 relay team.  He's not fast for a high school sprinter but definitely fast for a 6-3/6-4 230lb DE.

here is video of Marquel....he's the anchor of 4X100 in red.  Skyline wins the relay.

also, Marquel is wearing wife beater tank in about every photo I've seen....good news.

We signed a solid group of athletes in this class for DE.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: encouraging sign about our DE signee Marquel Bryant...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 12:09:56 PM »
how is he at football?

Offline DoDRepeat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 12:13:03 PM »
He looks slow as eff

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 12:22:37 PM »
how is he at football?

needs work on foot quickness and first step but he's a good player.  Physical and plays stronger than his size.  He had to play a lot of 3 technique last year and did very well.  Did that against St. thomas aquinas out of florida last year and had a really nice game.  He was a 3 star for both scout and espn.  I think rivals underrated him a bit.

DoD, long strider...the kid isn't slow..especially not for his size or position.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 12:30:53 PM »
how is he at football?

needs work on foot quickness and first step but he's a good player.  Physical and plays stronger than his size.  He had to play a lot of 3 technique last year and did very well.  Did that against St. thomas aquinas out of florida last year and had a really nice game.  He was a 3 star for both scout and espn.  I think rivals underrated him a bit.

DoD, long strider...the kid isn't slow..especially not for his size or position.

when are you going to post here full time?

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
this is from Bobby Burton who left rivals. 

Sleeper: Marquel Bryant, 6-3, 219, 4.7, Dallas Skyline – committed to Kansas State
Bryant is one of the top sleepers in Texas. He plays end on a talented Skyline defense and part-time three technique. Earlier this year, he showed the toughness and aggressiveness to play inside in a loss to St. Thomas Aquinas, He has a pretty quick first step, very long arms and closes to the ball with some speed and subtle power. He is yet to really begin filling out physically and will be a 250-255-pound end in time. Bryant has the physical tools to develop into a productive end for Kansas State but Minnesota is working hard to get the rising senior to visit.

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Nathan-Hughes-Cedric-Reed-2326

I've read a number of these bloggers who follow texas recruiting for a living and, to a man, the ones who saw Bryant play really liked him.  He was a solid 3 star prospect in their eyes.  I disagree w/ Burton about his first step...I think it needs work but he has the frame and movement skills where he can increase his quickness.  Besides, he's a strongside DE so that will be less of an impact.  But this kid is good...plays low and with good, natural knee bend and leverage and has some natural passing rushing ability. 

I know it's commonplace to rip on our recruiting on this board but we signed some good prospects.  I just wish we had more success at corner, DT, and wide receiver on the prep level.  But we're getting players at other positions.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »
sniff sniff, I smell Hendricks
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:01 PM »
Let's hope to enjoy Marquel.

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »
doesnt look like a great pass rusher from the highlight vids.. definately not an immediate impact guy but if he gets bigger can probably develop into a real nice player for our cats  :lynchmob:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 02:20:42 PM »
Let's hope to enjoy Marquel.
This sounds like fun. Lets do it!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »
this is from Bobby Burton who left rivals. 

Sleeper: Marquel Bryant, 6-3, 219, 4.7, Dallas Skyline – committed to Kansas State
Bryant is one of the top sleepers in Texas. He plays end on a talented Skyline defense and part-time three technique. Earlier this year, he showed the toughness and aggressiveness to play inside in a loss to St. Thomas Aquinas, He has a pretty quick first step, very long arms and closes to the ball with some speed and subtle power. He is yet to really begin filling out physically and will be a 250-255-pound end in time. Bryant has the physical tools to develop into a productive end for Kansas State but Minnesota is working hard to get the rising senior to visit.

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Nathan-Hughes-Cedric-Reed-2326

I've read a number of these bloggers who follow texas recruiting for a living and, to a man, the ones who saw Bryant play really liked him.  He was a solid 3 star prospect in their eyes.  I disagree w/ Burton about his first step...I think it needs work but he has the frame and movement skills where he can increase his quickness.  Besides, he's a strongside DE so that will be less of an impact.  But this kid is good...plays low and with good, natural knee bend and leverage and has some natural passing rushing ability. 

I know it's commonplace to rip on our recruiting on this board but we signed some good prospects.  I just wish we had more success at corner, DT, and wide receiver on the prep level.  But we're getting players at other positions.

I thought the downside on him was a qualification risk??  :eek:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 08:03:59 PM »
loves manhattan

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 08:34:26 PM »
Sexton is giggling like he just peed in the shallow end