Author Topic: OKC Pak Thread  (Read 8735 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: OKC Pak Thread
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »
man, what a great time.  this is still my all time best. also hung out with fff there  :frown:

all thanks to martin, a great man.

I believe we can have an incredible pak sans EMAW hoops, and I'm willing to put up about $150 and 9K avios miles that it can happen.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »
Good pak.  Got there late Friday night and Thursday pak'rs were already gone or crashed out for the night.  Only interesting stuff is in the It's Fitz thread. 

Woke up to snowstorm saturday.  Got tickets squared away before the pak convened at Rooster's.  Great times. http://twitpic.com/19t7gl and  http://twitpic.com/19v3n1 

Went to the game earlier than necessary anticipating pak head rejection and having to go back to the hotel.  Security loved the heads and banner and sent us on in.  ku was still struggling but I didn't want to get into any kind of bad karma situation so I ignored it and tried to find stuff to do on the concourse.  Took a Ford Center survey.  Once it was over, we posted up at the door and let pak heads console the ku fans.

Lots of recognition for the goEMAW propaganda.  Think a lot of you introduced yourselves.  Gooch and I ended up sitting next to Jmo.  Old guy on the other side wasn't really a goEMAW man but seemed amused.  Security confiscated the banner after one time being unfurled during a free throw.

goEMAW infiltrated the Jack Daniels bar at halftime for a quick rePAKing.  Got pak head some air time as the Qhatz were stepping on BYU's throats.  I'd given the confiscator's boss some lip about the banner at halftime to where he felt compelled to deliver the banner back to me after the game without me having to go retrieve it at the office.

Had a quick regroup at the hotel (ku hotel) before heading out to eat (at ku restaurant).  Did a chairtop KSU chant.  Hit the VIP section of the Biting Sow to catch Doc Blues' revue band.  MakeItRain put on an incredible display of moves with giant Katpak head while RD did an interpretive dance with golf head.  Next stop was JJ's Alley (by the way, golf pak head was a casualty here so next time you're in OKC, expect to see it as part of the decor there).  The locals were very welcoming to all of goEMAW, especially a Native American we eventually branded (to his delight) as the Situ-injun due to his love of Jersey Shore, fist pumps, etc.

BBF$$Kat was having some issues with a red-striped cardigan-wearing ku fan.  Things were getting contentious in tiny JJ's Alley before all were convinced to leave.  MIR fired up the Sandstorm on his phone and a parade of fist pumping EMAW walked through the snow back to the ku/goEMAW hotel.  I'm sure many OKC visitors awoke this morning to wonder what the hell the picture of them and giant pak head is all about.

Lots of ku folk still lingering around the lobby at 2 a.m.  They were not as amused by the display of EMAW as the rest of the town was.  A crowd gathered as we were attempting to board the elevator.  Yada, yada, yada and I was choking out red-striped cardigan guy.

Great times.

It's still there.

http://twitter.com/#!/IKillGerbils/status/198622775362064384/photo/1

Some gnarly decor in that place. Only had to get one bro from out of the drunk tank.  :driving:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:29:02 PM by AppleJack »
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2012, 08:24:09 PM »
Some gnarly decor in that place. Only had to get one bro from out of the drunk tank.  :driving:

Nazis down there.  I hope you gave him the advice about chatting up Vonda.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2012, 10:43:45 PM »
I believe we can have an incredible pak sans EMAW hoops, and I'm willing to put up about $150 and 9K avios miles that it can happen.

i will be praying for you, but without martin, there is little hope.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."