Author Topic: Cop sees me speeding and follows me home but doesn't pull me over.  (Read 7531 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
So I'm driving home and I'm cruising at about 10-15 over the speed limit in down.  As I drive past an intersection in which the only cross street leads to a baseball complex that is shut down for the night.  I notice the headlights of a vehicle like 200 yards down the road.  "Oh crap," I think to myself, because I know it is a cop.  No one else would be driving on that road at the time.  So, as I'm out of his vision and radar I gun it to increase the distance between us if he is indeed going to try and pull me over.  I go about 3 blocks and slow down to the speed limit and have to wait at a red light for a sec and see him coming. Lights not flashing or anything, finally the light turns green and I go the remaining 3 blocks before turning onto my street and pulling in the driveway. The cop was following me the whole way, and I was just pulling in the driveway as he made his was onto my street.  I get out and start walking to my front door as he drives by, slows down, and the squeels out on the intersection as he goes off to wherever.

Why would he do this?  Is this normal?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Cop sees me speeding and follows me home but doesn't pull me over.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:19:46 AM »
nice knowing you nicname.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 07:47:46 AM »
Don't be surprised when you come home and your house has been 'broken' into..  I'd also suggest not even bothering to renew your tags. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:20:05 AM »
What city was this?

From my personal experience if its in a larger city like KCMO they probably have other crap to do like catch criminals.

I was riding in a car with some bro's from the Plaza to Westport last year and the driver(asian) peels out right in front of a cop. Cop follows us, turns on carflashlight thingy, shines it on us in the backseat and runs license plate as he's driving behind us. We get to a stoplight and they pull up next to us, cop in passenger seats motions for driver to roll down window.

Cop "That wasnt very smart was it"

Asian Bro "No sir"

Cop "Luckily we have better crap to do, drive safe"

Asian Bro "Thank you sir"

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 08:43:18 AM »
It's like that movie with sam jackson. You're going to die

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 09:01:22 AM »
probably knew you were speeding but didn't have enough to pull you over so he was following you to see if you were swerving (drunk).  as for the squealing at the intersection I have no idea.  most cops think they're badasses and take every opportunity to show off.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
Hide your drugs, now!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:18:03 AM by fanningksu »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 09:51:10 AM »
Juggalos.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 10:26:32 AM »
my guess is that the officer had just left his mom's house, where he had spent his dinner break eating some freshly cooked beef stew that she had made for him.  from time to time he'll stop by his mom's house for a late dinner since he doesn't often make it to that side of town and it's a good chance for them to spend time together.  his mom hasn't been sleeping well lately, so it's not a bother to cook a late meal and especially if it gives her a chance to see her lone son.  since he's been married, she seems to see him less and less, she and the new wife don't get along as well as he would have hoped.  everything was fine until they decided to get married, at which point his mother and his bride-to-be began fighting about the littlest things.

after dinner, he packed up his patrol car with some leftover stew and the fresh dinner rolls that mom made from scratch (his favorite) for him to dip into the stew while he ate.  he saw a lone set of headlights driving and thought he might share in his feast, so he began to follow the car, hoping to catch up and offer some fresh food.  mom cooks the best stew out there and no one could say no to a generous helping.  as he approached nicname's house, he observed nicname walking into his house and determined that nicname didn't look like the type of person who loves beef stew and fresh dinner rolls.  at this junction, he decided to speed home and get the fresh stew (and rolls), into his refrigerator as soon as possible to prevent spoilage and to keep the food as fresh as possible.  nothing beats leftover stew for lunch and thoughts of it had already begun to take root in his mind.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »

YA DONE GOOFED UP!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
my guess is that the officer had just left his mom's house, where he had spent his dinner break eating some freshly cooked beef stew that she had made for him.  from time to time he'll stop by his mom's house for a late dinner since he doesn't often make it to that side of town and it's a good chance for them to spend time together.  his mom hasn't been sleeping well lately, so it's not a bother to cook a late meal and especially if it gives her a chance to see her lone son.  since he's been married, she seems to see him less and less, she and the new wife don't get along as well as he would have hoped.  everything was fine until they decided to get married, at which point his mother and his bride-to-be began fighting about the littlest things.

after dinner, he packed up his patrol car with some leftover stew and the fresh dinner rolls that mom made from scratch (his favorite) for him to dip into the stew while he ate.  he saw a lone set of headlights driving and thought he might share in his feast, so he began to follow the car, hoping to catch up and offer some fresh food.  mom cooks the best stew out there and no one could say no to a generous helping.  as he approached nicname's house, he observed nicname walking into his house and determined that nicname didn't look like the type of person who loves beef stew and fresh dinner rolls.  at this junction, he decided to speed home and get the fresh stew (and rolls), into his refrigerator as soon as possible to prevent spoilage and to keep the food as fresh as possible.  nothing beats leftover stew for lunch and thoughts of it had already begun to take root in his mind.

The depths of your imagination are sometimes frightening
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »
i was trying to offer a plausible explanation as opposed to the other posters in this thread, who just wasted our time with nonsense.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »
Pissclams had the only response that was even remotely plausible. Most police officers aren't that generous, though. I'm betting the officer was just driving to his girlfriend's house after a hard night's work. Getting behind nicname was just a coincidence. The officer also got a text from his girlfriend to pick up a bottle of wine on the way to her place, which explains the erratic driving near nicname's driveway.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 11:53:30 AM »
The cop was getting a blowjob in the park in his car and thought nic has seen something he shouldn't have. He began following nic, giving thought to taking car of nic so that nobody would find out about said bj. While following nic, he told his ho to continue and when he was about to pull into nic's driveway, he realized that he was also about to climax so he kept driving. When he got to the intersection, and let off the brake, he also released his load and caused him to stomp on the accelerator and spin out.