Author Topic: I continue to fight the good fight (for oscar)...  (Read 1380 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I continue to fight the good fight (for oscar)...
« on: March 28, 2012, 01:11:44 AM »
on GPC.  My latest post directed at those who go holier than thou about "snitches" and "hypocrisy".

For those who go the "I don't like a snitch" route with Pearl... Edit | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll pose this question.

If you run a business, either your own or somebody else's, and the competitor down the street is doing something against the rules of your trade...do you turn them in? If it's cutting into your business that either you invested in or are the caretaker of somebody else' investment...do you turn them in?

I ask because big time college athletics is big time money. There is a LOT of money invested by people to make things happen. Some athletic programs take loans from the public via their universities funds or munipal bonds. With that in mind how important is this "coach's pact" not to turn another in? What happens when your competitor cheats and you're not selling tickets because you can't get the players. It is EXACTLY the same as the scenario proposed above.

I don't need a "Scent of a Woman" speech here to answer the question.

If you want to say he's a snitch..that's fine. Plenty of coaches have done it recently in the SEC regarding football so he's not alone in the profession. But what is bad about catching someone who cheats when the entrusted money of the public is involved. Is that some morally corrupt action?

I think we can all agree that his own infractions were not severe in nature. Even the NCAA stated that much. I think the part most have trouble with is that he lied to cover it up and asked others to lie. But who here believes many of the successful coaches are not above that? I'm not saying he's the greatest guy around but is he that bad? I mean he lied to cover up a BBQ. A freaking BBQ. Let me repeat that one last time...a BBQ.

I'm just curious about the feelings of this "coach's pact" and "lying about a BBQ".

It's fine that some have an issue with the fact he poses a risk to KSU if hired. I get that loud and clear. What I'm more interested in knowing is if you truly think he's that bad of a guy for these actions.

Also, keep in mind he was a very young coach when he turned in the Illini assistant over Deon Thomas. He may wish he hadn't or maybe he doesn't regret it. I guess I'm not that up in arms about someone turning in a cheat. You then say, well, he is a hypocrite for then cheating himself. Okay, but not over a brand new SUV and cash but over a BBQ and a few phone calls. Seriously.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: I continue to fight the good fight (for oscar)...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 01:13:51 AM »
The snitch angle some are taking is just strange. Nice work, Hatter.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:21:30 AM »
Yeah, people that think Jamar got what he deserved can't hate Pearl for the same thing.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 01:24:38 AM »
I love that you still have passion, but that dream is dying for me.

I'm resigning myself to Underwood like someone who finds peace just before drowning.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I continue to fight the good fight (for oscar)...
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 01:26:39 AM »

I'm resigning myself to Underwood like someone who finds peace just before drowning.

Pay attention. Your dream is just starting to pick up steam. Go change hearts and minds, Pan. On your blog or something.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Re: I continue to fight the good fight (for oscar)...
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 01:51:20 AM »

Pay attention. Your dream is just starting to pick up steam. Go change hearts and minds, Pan. On your blog or something.

Yes, this. Absolutely this. It's the only chance we have.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 02:01:30 AM »
Keep fighting the good fight Hatter.     

TeamPearl  :love:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 07:26:54 AM »
Good job, The Manhatter.

Now our next objective is to get BITB behind this like he was with the Huggins hire.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 07:30:06 AM »
There's about as good a shot Currie hires Undy as Pearl.  a successful resurection of Pearl helps his resume more than any hire he could make while an Undy hire just prolongs his hitless streak.