Author Topic: Living Alone  (Read 4793 times)

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Living Alone
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »
You candle guys are weird.

I'm all for a good candle, but making your own candles?  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »
Lived alone for my last semester.  Was glorious.  Anything more though and I would def have ended up with a drinking problem. 

Was a fantastic 6 months though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
I should have clarified this....I had a bunch of leftover candles where the wicks had burned out, but there was plenty of wax left.  So, I decided to melt them down and make new candles.  This is when things started to take a turn for the worst.

I think you need to address your blatantly false comments about roommates.  

That's both true and not true, depending upon the topic.  For example, one of our prior mutual roommates would have never let me catch the entire apartment on fire, but one would have.

Similarly, both would have been complicit in activities that made me think I was going to die, but both would have also been supportive when I called the "I think I might be dying" hotline the next day....good stuff AND bad stuff.

I feel like we were all a little too complicit in your cooking activities.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 05:01:33 PM »
living alone sucks. but there is nothing better than win your wife leaves for the weekend.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 05:21:31 PM »
living alone sucks. but there is nothing better than win your wife leaves for the weekend.

oh hey daris, what are you doing this weekend? idk, but it probably involves the ood and a house to myself.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 05:56:53 PM »
I should have clarified this....I had a bunch of leftover candles where the wicks had burned out, but there was plenty of wax left.  So, I decided to melt them down and make new candles.  This is when things started to take a turn for the worst.

ms tobias and i did this about a month ago while pak'd, and even then there was about zero risk of fire... i'm impressed with whatever must've gone down  :party:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »
I've just never looked at my bank statement and thought "Boy if I wasn't spending so much on candles, I could really get ahead..............hey what if I just.........I've got it!  Homemade Candles!"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 06:10:39 PM »
I've just never looked at my bank statement and thought "Boy if I wasn't spending so much on candles, I could really get ahead..............hey what if I just.........I've got it!  Homemade Candles!"

You are in a very small minority then.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 06:15:38 PM »

yeah. some people do stuff even though they know it won't make them money. make candles, listen to music, jogging, read a book, take a shower, get a haircut, go skiing, etc. just an fyi jackass.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 06:16:21 PM »

oh hey daris, what are you doing this weekend? idk, but it probably involves the ood and a house to myself.

:ksu:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 06:23:09 PM »

Perfect. Maybe we'll actually make it to Aggieville this time.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »

Come to Salina for Scheme pak 2.0

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 06:37:58 PM »

i mean anything is possible i guess.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »
I'll make a motion for a Capital City Pak so that the actual pak that happens in Manhattan seems more exclusive by having said no thanks to other pak opportunities.

TC³(TopCityChopCity)pak this Saturday anyone?  :excited:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 06:46:33 PM »

yeah. some people do stuff even though they know it won't make them money. make candles, listen to music, jogging, read a book, take a shower, get a haircut, go skiing, etc. just an fyi jackass.

I like where you put taking a shower and candle making on a list together

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »

I like where you put taking a shower and candle making on a list together

both go in the list of things that don't make you money. also jumproping, wearing hoodies, having a pet, sleeping in a bed... i mean i could go all day.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 07:01:16 PM »
My god I just realized I've never lived alone.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 08:17:14 PM »

I devolve rapidly when my wife leaves. Within 24 hrs, I go from cultured and well-dressed cooking lemon mustard red leaf salad with fresh fried crab cakes and avocado/radish garnish to sitting on the couch in my boxers eating beef jerky and beer for dinner while watching Tosh.0. She's going to Kuwait for two weeks on Saturday. Sunday is shaping up as a no-pants day.

Also, I live seven-style when alone. In the next 14 days, I will probably fall asleep in 5-6 different rooms in the house. All food will be grilled.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »

I devolve rapidly when my wife leaves. Within 24 hrs, I go from cultured and well-dressed cooking lemon mustard red leaf salad with fresh fried crab cakes and avocado/radish garnish to sitting on the couch in my boxers eating beef jerky and beer for dinner while watching Tosh.0. She's going to Kuwait for two weeks on Saturday. Sunday is shaping up as a no-pants day.

Also, I live seven-style when alone. In the next 14 days, I will probably fall asleep in 5-6 different rooms in the house. All food will be grilled.

why wouldn't you have a no pants day when your wife is home?

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »

and candles.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 10:17:05 PM »

As a non-Asian, it's hard for me to unilaterally implement something like this.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2012, 10:31:51 PM »

:ksu:

:emawkid:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2012, 10:53:17 PM »

Ab-so-rough ridin'-lutely!   :emawkid:
@mikec2w

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2012, 06:28:51 AM »
My god I just realized I've never lived alone.
Neither have I.  I want to, though.  I bet it is rough ridin' great.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2012, 08:09:47 AM »

As a non-Asian, it's hard for me to unilaterally implement something like this.

weird.  and i'm also a non-Asian