Author Topic: Put this one on Rodney.  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Put this one on Rodney.
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 11:15:13 AM »
Blame this game on Rodney, my ass!  You and Stevei Wonder must have watched the game together.

One guy deserves more blame than any other, that would be the guy Frank gives a pass to.

13  Rodriguez, Angel  g  0-8  0-4  0-0  1-1  2  3  0  5  7  0  0  27 

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 01:39:04 PM »
Angel really did play pretty bad last night. I mean eff.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline MichiganisGood

• Maize and Blue'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 02:18:30 PM »
This is probably only the 3rd time I've seen KSU play this year, and I hate to agree with Bobby Knight on anything, but he was dead on about the Spradling/Rodriguez thing last night..

That kid is the one who killed you, he took really bad shots and was just awful at distributing the basketball.. He seemed to have the right idea on where to go with the ball, but he was always a second late, or too early in actually making the pass and it would either put the shooter in a bad position or the ball wouldn't be able to get there (or sail over the guys head)..

He seems to have some ability, and I'm sure he could get away with that stuff in H.S. but it ain't happening against a top 10 team at this level.. He's quick and could get in the lane but then he'd either just throw something up at the hoop with no chance of going in or throw the ball away. Spradling was playing within himself (white guy cliche') and opening things up for your bigs/wings with his shooting and distribution..

You guys have a ton of really athletic bigs/wings, what you're really missing is a consistent 3 point shooter to open things up down low and a guy who can get them ball down there without turning it over so frequently..

Just my 2 cents, and it's probably not even worth that..

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 10:23:16 PM »

don't be so humble, your analysis was very valuable.  we can all stand to be reminded not to form opinions based on a single game, or to ever listen to bob knight.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »
We took Thomas Robinson completely out of the game.  He melted down on Big Monday.  He just could not handle getting treated like a normal Big 12 big.  He was shook for nearly the entire night.  Rodney did not find enough good shots, he did not drive enough, he does not understand how to draw contact and finish and he did not hit 3's for us.  Meanwhile Will shoots off like a drunken sailor and Angel tries to force passes to players that have no basketball IQ or hands.  Gipson's T was probably the breaking point, but Rodney shied away from the stage.  Jamar outplayed Thomas Robinson.  He embarrassed Thomas Robinson.  Rodney?  No answers.

But did you see Rodney's shoes!?!?   :love:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 10:37:31 PM »
T-Rob was one rebound shy of his 19th double-double.  And Withey went off for 18, 11, and 9.  But yeah, you guys totally owned us in the paint.  

:flush:

No part of his post mentions Withey.  I think most non-retards would admit he's a helluva player.  But T-Rob was not a factor tonight.

He had an off night, but to say he wasn't a factor would be incorrect.  KU doesn't win that game without T-Rob.

The title of the post is "Put this one on Rodney". 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Put this one on Rodney.
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 11:24:40 PM »

don't be so humble, your analysis was very valuable.  we can all stand to be reminded not to form opinions based on a single game, or to ever listen to bob knight.

Oh, man, look at sys go.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Put this one on Rodney.
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 11:53:07 PM »

Oh, man, look at sys go.

That might have been the best back handed compliment I've ever seen.

Offline MichiganisGood

• Maize and Blue'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 06:31:14 AM »

:lol:  I very clearly said I have seen THREE games though, so I'm basically an expert on KSU hoops.  :shakesfist: