Author Topic: Tale of 2 Halves (UT adv stats part 2)  (Read 3058 times)

catzacker

Re: Tale of 2 Halves (UT adv stats part 2)
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »
please point out the guards above us in the standings that angel is better than?  if average is better than 50% of the league, Angel is not.  

he's also inherently limited because of his athletic ability.  it's decent but not elite by any mean. 

and his shot needs work.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2012, 09:43:50 PM »
please point out the guards above us in the standings that angel is better than?  if average is better than 50% of the league, Angel is not.  

he's also inherently limited because of his athletic ability.  it's decent but not elite by any mean. 

and his shot needs work.

i was referencing the latter part of your statement.  i agree that as a freshman, he is not better than an average big 12 pg.

he gets to the rim whenever he wants, even you have to be able to see that.  and don't regurgitate this crap that you hear stupid people saying about his athletic ability.   he is a fantastic athlete.  strong, quick, incredible body control and balance.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »
Underwood needs to go.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 02:01:37 AM »
Angel will be first team all conference if he finishes his career at KSU.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 02:01:47 AM »
But the FTR of the 2nd half of 175% to 0% is ridiculous.

Pfft, I agree with Nicname the officiating was fine.  I bet you will find 10 games this week alone with a similar FTr disparity.

I never even said that.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 08:14:21 AM »
1st   Pace   PPP   eFG%   TO%   OR%   FTR
KSU   33   1.23   59.3%   21.5%   46.2%   44.4%
Opp   33   0.83   28.0%   27.6%   45.5%   80.0%

2nd   Pace   PPP   eFG%   TO%   OR%   FTR
KSU   33   0.72   38.7%   27.1%   28.6%   0.0%
Opp   33   1.45   81.3%   21.1%   27.3%   175.0%

Total   Pace   PPP   eFG%   TO%   OR%   FTR
KSU   66   0.97   48.3%   24.2%   35.3%   20.7%
Opp   66   1.13   48.8%   24.2%   39.4%   117.1%

No question, K-State did plenty of things poorly in the 2nd half. The shooting differences for both teams from half to half are ridiculous.

But the FTR of the 2nd half of 175% to 0% is ridiculous.

Also, Frank has had one other game where the difference between the oppontents's FTR and K-State's FTR was greater than 50%, the loss to Meeks and Kentucky in Frank's second year when it was 78%. The difference today was 97%.

UT's 117% FTR was also the biggest by any opponent against Frank Martin. UK had a 109% FTR in the game mentioned above.

The other 4 factors for the game where nearly even. Only FTR was significantly different.

I won't say FTs were the only reason we lost, but to not count them as a major factor is foolish, even with K-State playing poorly in the 2nd half.

I continue to be amazed at how poor our second half defense is, especially with an advantage.  This is the repeating factor this season that is hardest to reconcile, IMO.

It just perplexes me with a 15 point lead we allow our opponent a +80% eFG in the second half.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 08:24:26 AM »
I continue to be amazed at how poor our second half defense is, especially with an advantage.  This is the repeating factor this season that is hardest to reconcile, IMO.

It just perplexes me with a 15 point lead we allow our opponent a +80% eFG in the second half.

Yes, this has been especially frustrating. Looks like I need to do a Big 12 1st half vs 2nd half breakdown. Would be interesting to see the actual numbers.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 11:30:53 AM »
At the start of the year the second half was better.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »

angel is a slightly below average big 12 point guard right now.  his "getting it to the rim" ability is (a) limited and (b) not that great when compared to the other teams in the league that are above us in the standings.

saying it doesn't make it true, zacker.  it just makes you stupid.
:popcorn: