Poll

Team Sams or Team Bender?

Daniel Sams
47 (92.2%)
Tarvarius Bender
4 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Sams vs. Bender  (Read 6750 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sams vs. Bender
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 09:24:10 AM »
I'm probably going to wait until Bender start practicing to pick a favorite.  I really need to see who does things the right wayerest before I can make an informed decision.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 10:46:54 AM »
what I'm saying is he probably has a better arm than Klein so why would you call the Sams package the "wildcat" and not the "Sams throwing laser rocket passes all over the field and also running if he feels like it" package?
It's because Sams is black.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »
what I'm saying is he probably has a better arm than Klein so why would you call the Sams package the "wildcat" and not the "Sams throwing laser rocket passes all over the field and also running if he feels like it" package?
It's because Sams is black.

yeah

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 11:00:05 AM »
I just want Sams to do well so he can upgrade his jersey chaser selection. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 11:01:51 AM »
When has the "wildcat" formation really worked for us?  Everybody always says how it adds another blocker, etc.  For some reason, it seems our opposing defenses get an extra tackler on these plays.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 11:04:47 AM »
When has the "wildcat" formation really worked for us?  Everybody always says how it adds another blocker, etc.  For some reason, it seems our opposing defenses get an extra tackler on these plays.

Klein runs it pretty well. I don't really like it with Pease, though.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011, 11:10:28 AM »
the "Sams throwing laser rocket passes all over the field and also running if he feels like it" package?

:cheese:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »

_fan broke down the short yardage effectiveness of DT in the wildcat last year. Also, Pease scored a TD. Also, it's pretty much what we run every down this year.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 11:47:18 AM »
It's because Sams is black. known to be a pretty good athlete regardless of skin color.
:adios:

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
I'm so proud of you guys. #teamsams

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:51:17 AM by EveryManAWildcat33 »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2011, 12:19:26 PM »

Not great, but not terrible. Pease averages nearly 5 YPC and has 2 TDs (on 24 carries) in conference games and almost everyone of his runs was out of the Wildcat.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2011, 12:23:07 PM »

Not great, but not terrible. Pease averages nearly 5 YPC and has 2 TDs (on 24 carries) in conference games and almost everyone of his runs was out of the Wildcat.

I guess I'm waiting for something spectacular, but I shouldn't have that expectation with this team.  My bad

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2011, 12:31:34 PM »

I guess I'm waiting for something spectacular, but I shouldn't have that expectation with this team.  My bad

The wildcat isn't really designed to be spectacular. It's designed to get you past the linemen and linebackers.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2011, 12:33:38 PM »
When has the "wildcat" formation really worked for us?  Everybody always says how it adds another blocker, etc.  For some reason, it seems our opposing defenses get an extra tackler on these plays.

I guess I'm waiting for something spectacular, but I shouldn't have that expectation with this team.  My bad

I think this is the misconception of the Wildcat though. It has become something that it is not, it seems like most fans think of it like a gadget play that should score, similar to a reverse pass or flee flicker pass. I don't think that was ever the purpose; but what it does do is often create a numbers advantage in the running game and a coach can be confident that his team is going to get a positive gain from it; but not necessarily a "big play'. Also, its another facet that a defense has to spend time preparing for during the week. I've just come to think of it as part of the running game and a specific package, sort of like zone/stretch read option is a package that is part of our running game scheme. If a major part of your running game scheme averages nearly 5 YPC its hard to complain.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2011, 02:11:46 PM »
When has the "wildcat" formation really worked for us?  Everybody always says how it adds another blocker, etc.  For some reason, it seems our opposing defenses get an extra tackler on these plays.

I guess I'm waiting for something spectacular, but I shouldn't have that expectation with this team.  My bad

I think this is the misconception of the Wildcat though. It has become something that it is not, it seems like most fans think of it like a gadget play that should score, similar to a reverse pass or flee flicker pass. I don't think that was ever the purpose; but what it does do is often create a numbers advantage in the running game and a coach can be confident that his team is going to get a positive gain from it; but not necessarily a "big play'. Also, its another facet that a defense has to spend time preparing for during the week. I've just come to think of it as part of the running game and a specific package, sort of like zone/stretch read option is a package that is part of our running game scheme. If a major part of your running game scheme averages nearly 5 YPC its hard to complain.
Agreed

Offline Ibgettnbuckets

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »
Im all about Sams too, however he is taking more snaps at WR in practice, have heard some Rumblings he would make Blackmon look like a bitch.    :drool:

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 01:00:21 AM »
Im all about Sams too, however he is taking more snaps at WR in practice, have heard some Rumblings he would make Blackmon look like a bitch.    :drool:

haha, no.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 01:08:27 AM »

haha, no.

haha, yes, eastcat. My A- source wouldn't lie.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 07:26:10 AM »
Team Sams until i hear rumblings Bender is amazing or something.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 08:41:12 AM »

It's because whenever we go wildcat the other team swaps a safety for a spy.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »
Remember that time DT passed it to Banks? Oh man. Good times.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
staff is very high on Bender and are extremely excited about what he brings both physically and in terms of intangibles

also Sams brings versatility and ability to be productive at a number of offesive positions

= Bender at QB in 2013

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2011, 12:30:09 PM »
I'm going with a darkhorse mystery QB.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile