Author Topic: Texas Defensive Scheme  (Read 2706 times)

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Texas Defensive Scheme
« on: November 19, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »
Was our Kryptonite. Perfect scheme to stop Klein with that qb spy all game.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Texas Defensive Scheme
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 10:43:56 PM »

Similar to what aTm did, just more really great players. Probably like 3-4 other teams (maybe) have as much talent on defense as UT.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 10:44:35 PM »
Pretty smart, considering since 1 of 2 explosive threats is gone for the season.

catzacker

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 10:46:29 PM »

Similar to what aTm did, just more really great players. Probably like 3-4 other teams (maybe) have as much talent on defense as UT.

this.  Klein sneaks by other LB's, but not #1 and he manuevers by some DE's but not Ocho (or Acho or whatever the hell his name is).  Harper was abusing corners most of the night, but Klein really didn't have all that much time.

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »
Whats the odds of Iowa St trying the same scheme they have decent LB but thats about it.
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 10:47:57 PM »
Whats the odds of Iowa St trying the same scheme they have decent LB but thats about it.

They will try it, but probably not that aggressive. But we'll see 8 in the box.

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 10:48:26 PM »

Agreed. #1 for them was a beast as was #80.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 10:52:13 PM »
They also have a lock-down corner.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 10:52:43 PM »
Strange thing is they are loaded with 4 and 5 stars on offense too. I know they have injuries and are young, etc. but still.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 10:55:17 PM »
Strange thing is they are loaded with 4 and 5 stars on offense too. I know they have injuries and are young, etc. but still.

i said this exact same thing in another thread (ut has better team, should have won) and you got all defensive and refused to accept it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 10:56:33 PM »

i said this exact same thing in another thread (ut has better team, should have won) and you got all defensive and refused to accept it.

We do a lot of good stuff to win too. This isn't basketball.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 11:01:32 PM »

less talented teams upsetting better teams due to random events is more common in college bball than fball, so i'm not sure what you're driving at.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 11:02:53 PM »

less talented teams upsetting better teams due to random events is more common in college bball than fball, so i'm not sure what you're driving at.

I'm going to keep enjoying it. A lot.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »
i'm not saying you shouldn't.  i don't know why people interpret me saying that kstate isn't that good and that snyder is an bad person as saying that they shouldn't enjoy kstate winning.

obviously today, due to everything texas represents, it would have been better for the conference if texas could have won and built some momentum heading into next week.  but that's water under the bridge.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 11:08:42 PM »
 :lol: sys sucks so much
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 11:10:49 PM »
I'm also saying it's more likely to win in football with intangibles and stuff we really don't like to acknowledge. Because of footballs three phases and the impact of turnovers you can overcome a terrible performance in one phase and win. I don't think anything like that translates to basketball in quite the same way.

Offline BEFR

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 11:13:47 PM »
somebody please find me a worse stat line disparity that resulted in a win over a ranked opponent on the road... something magical is going on here, and i blame old balls  :lynchmob:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
There is no basketball equivalent of an automatic short yardage back like Collin Klein.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 11:16:20 PM »
i'm not saying you shouldn't.  i don't know why people interpret me saying that kstate isn't that good and that snyder is an bad person as saying that they shouldn't enjoy kstate winning.

obviously today, due to everything texas represents, it would have been better for the conference if texas could have won and built some momentum heading into next week.  but that's water under the bridge.
Go back to the BB board where you belong.   :facepalm:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 11:17:23 PM »
tx blitzed the crap out of us as everyone should.  their offense is awful and they had some horrible to's.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
I'm also saying it's more likely to win in football with intangibles and stuff we really don't like to acknowledge. Because of footballs three phases and the impact of turnovers you can overcome a terrible performance in one phase and win. I don't think anything like that translates to basketball in quite the same way.

agree on the intangibles, just because so much in fball is hard to quantify and no one really even tries as far as i know.  but in bball, the 3 and really just shooting in general is so random and important.

historically, i don't think there is any question that bball has more upsets than fball.  it seems to be changing some lately, with fball becoming more upset prone (85 man roster impact?  dunno really what other changes might impact that), but i don't think it compares to bball yet.  did you see that presby beat ucinn at home today?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 11:19:32 PM »

agree on the intangibles, just because so much in fball is hard to quantify and no one really even tries as far as i know.  but in bball, the 3 and really just shooting in general is so random and important.

historically, i don't think there is any question that bball has more upsets than fball.  it seems to be changing some lately, with fball becoming more upset prone (85 man roster impact?  dunno really what other changes might impact that), but i don't think it compares to bball yet.  did you see that presby beat ucinn at home today?

You never see basketball teams consistently get upsets like K-State football has this year, though. To be fair, this is the only instance I can think of in football also.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 11:21:35 PM »
We are similar to Butler has been the last couple of years, solid D that gives nothing easy and makes few mistakes on off. 

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 11:23:20 PM »

You never see basketball teams consistently get upsets like K-State football has this year, though. To be fair, this is the only instance I can think of in football also.

K-state = David and Goliath x's 6......... :dunno:
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden