Author Topic: Why was that game so close?  (Read 1837 times)

Offline jc_jax

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Why was that game so close?
« on: November 13, 2011, 07:29:20 AM »
I understand we gave them 21 on 3 short field turnovers.  But, being in SC, I have been bragging to my gamecock friends about our ability to run the zone read.  The last three games, it seems like we have not been very effective doing that.  What has changed?  Have others figured out how to defend it?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Why was that game so close?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:52:21 AM »
A&M loaded up on that, and ran some good run blitzes.   Plus K-State took Butterfingers Hubert out of the offense completely, so A&M just loaded up on Klein.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:03:50 AM »
Lot bigger bodies on the other side of the ball.  There's a reason these 4 weeks were a scary sight on the schedule.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 08:04:29 AM »
I understand we gave them 21 on 3 short field turnovers.  But, being in SC, I have been bragging to my gamecock friends about our ability to run the zone read.  The last three games, it seems like we have not been very effective doing that.  What has changed?  Have others figured out how to defend it?

Some of the better teams we've played.  Lockett out didn't help.  
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 08:04:53 AM »
Yeah they sold out for out amd blitzed the edges.  That's why we had so many good looks down field

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »
aTm had the best rush defense (yards per carry) coming into the game and they loaded the box. It wasn't until we finally got our passing game going that we took advantage of their below average pass defense. It doesn't help that both Klein and Hubert are banged up. And we ran the ball fine last week.

catzacker

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 08:46:22 AM »
Turnovers, our inability to adjust on offense for about a quarter and cosh's inability to adjust all game long.  If there was ever a game that showed how incredibly awful cosh is at calling a game, it was this one.   To begin nearly every series except one (where they play actioned to fuller down the seam) A&M ran on first down to the right....and finally cosh recognized this and called a run blitz....to the left. Atleast snyds adjusted to A&M.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 09:09:56 AM by catzacker »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 04:15:13 PM »
Turnovers, our inability to adjust on offense for about a quarter and cosh's inability to adjust all game long.  If there was ever a game that showed how incredibly awful cosh is at calling a game, it was this one.   To begin nearly every series except one (where they play actioned to fuller down the seam) A&M ran on first down to the right....and finally cosh recognized this and called a run blitz....to the left. Atleast snyds adjusted to A&M.
I really didn't think Bill had it in him. Sure, he caught some breaks and a down KU, but based on his last 4 seasons, I didn't think he had this type of season in him. And I still have no idea how he's done it. But godammit that old coot has done it, and that's really all that matters.

Great work, Bill. Go kick the ever-loving crap out of Texas.

:thumbs:
 :driving:
Comments?  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline GuyOnACat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 09:55:11 PM »

Maybe I don't understand the sarcasm or superstition here but that was one of the best games Cosh has called.  TAM averages 520 yards per game but we held them to 400 in regulation.

Does catzacker just say things for shock value or is he/she the least knowledgeable person on the net regarding football.  Constantly just stupid stuff.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »

Maybe I don't understand the sarcasm or superstition here but that was one of the best games Cosh has called.  TAM averages 520 yards per game but we held them to 400 in regulation.

Does catzacker just say things for shock value or is he/she the least knowledgeable person on the net regarding football.  Constantly just stupid stuff.

yeah, and he totally disappears after we win.

too bad he has such a real life presence, or i'd further bury him.