Author Topic: Does being a football blue blood hurt us?  (Read 1511 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Does being a football blue blood hurt us?
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:57:08 AM »
Serious q for those of you in the know.  I'm assuming that in some ways, being a blue blood is a good thing during realignment talk.  But- I was just wondering if it could also be hurting us right now. Football heavyweights = automatic losses, does a conference really want to poison itself by letting too many blue bloods in?  Thus conferences don't want K-State to join- we will make their conference stronger since we're blue blood but we'll also be shelling out automatic loses to its current conference members like it's going out of style.   

Look at the SEC, it is loaded with heavyweights, we're not going to get in there- do they really want more loses?  no.  As is the B10.  No one in the Big East or ACC care about football and both conferences suck at football, maybe that's why there is so much discussion about us going to one of those two conferences.

It would be nice to be the Texas of the ACC or Big East and have all the other schools letting us rape them for $$ and other great perks like UT has (LHN, etc).

Imagine the television contract we would sign if we hooked up with some other blue bloods, hmmm ya, I think the US Mint just called my cell phone- they're running out of money over there just thinking about it.  LOL, time will tell.  .

Hey, Fort Knox, get off our nuts.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Does being a football blue blood hurt us?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »
I think that as long as we aren't the bluest of the blue bloods, we will be fine. The SEC just wants to make sure Baylor won't sue their pants off before they take us. The Big 12 will not survive without us, and I will miss our old rivalries.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 10:22:47 AM »
We are pretty much VA Tech, relative newcomer on the scene that has put great teams on the feild year in and year out for the past 20 years. If the SEC is willing to take them I dont see why they wouldnt want us as well.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
To be honest, I'm surprised the Big XII has put up with all our automatic wins for this long. We can't be much fun to play sports against.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »
To be honest, I'm surprised the Big XII has put up with all our automatic wins for this long. We can't be much fun to play sports against.

The conference puts up with us because they have to. Sure, they hate losing to us, but they will stay on our teat for as long as they can, as long as we keep the money rolling in.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »
At some point, you have to ask yourself, "Is it really worth it to lose to K-State every year, automatically, no matter what?" Most schools are starting to realize that it just isn't worth it. Who can really blame them?

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 11:20:09 AM »
Well we already ran Colorado and Nebraska off. Taking out Solich and Barnett in the process. Hell, Nebraska couldn't even out mentor us. Sooners and Horns were lucky to be able to hide behind their south divisional curtain. NOT LIKE THAT STOPPED US!!!.  :comeatme: #big12champs #chisolmtrail

The thing is guys...if we go indie; teams are just going to use us for a payday and take the loss. This is the curse of having such blue blue blood. No one else will really understand. Maybe some of the older guys that used to watch Notre Dame in their prime might 'get it'.

Seems like Big East is the only conference with any cajones to step to this.