Author Topic: Playing B-Ball overseas?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
Playing B-Ball overseas?
« on: July 03, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »
Just wanting to know how good of a gig is this for some of these players.
What kind of money do they make, and do they get the hell taxed out of them?
And how long are their seasons.
I figured if they made decent money and got to travel around Europe it wouldn't be that bad of a gig.  :fatty:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Dax fan club member!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Playing B-Ball overseas?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 05:53:34 PM »
it's completely variable.  there are levels that are basically room and board and levels that pay some players better than they would do in the nba.  taxes obviously depend on the country.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 12:11:35 PM »
Just one case, but former Cat Tony Kitt use to play in the Netherlands (if I recall correctly). Knew some guys who played intramural hoops in Manhattan with him during his offseason. Tony is just another in a long line of former Cats that love MHK. Said he had around a 50 game schedule...he brought home six figures. Guessing, based on the pay, that this was probably an above average professional league in Europe.

Doubting Travis Canby brought home big bucks playing in some German league...

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 12:16:22 PM »
Euroleague/Eurocup salaries and budgets, and Top 30 best paid players in Europe:

http://www.talkbasket.net/salaries.html

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 07:20:40 AM »
Just one case, but former Cat Tony Kitt use to play in the Netherlands (if I recall correctly). Knew some guys who played intramural hoops in Manhattan with him during his offseason. Tony is just another in a long line of former Cats that love MHK. Said he had around a 50 game schedule...he brought home six figures. Guessing, based on the pay, that this was probably an above average professional league in Europe.

Doubting Travis Canby brought home big bucks playing in some German league...
Tony Kitt is a loldumshit. One time I was at a party he was at during the summer. Everyone was outside drinking and/or smokin' or whatever and for one reason or another Tony got butt hurt over something and said something along the lines of “alright, I’m gonna go get my gun and come back!”. I think he envisioned the scene in White Men Can’t Jump where the one dude at the bball court said that and everyone just started running. Well, in this scenario, everyone kind of looked over at him for 1-2 seconds, he left, and everyone continued on with their beer/smoke/convos. Was pretty funny in retrospect.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.