Author Topic: Soooo....  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Soooo....
« on: May 04, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »
If Bush publishing a photo taken of him on 9/11 is "politicizing" 9/11, then what is a presidential event at GZ?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Soooo....
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 09:36:49 PM »

These 2 pictures are perfect examples of the spot light seeking retards we've had in the white house lately.

I recently heard our choices have been "2 bowls of crap, the only difference is the stench".  Can't wait for the epic crap circus that the next 2 candidates are going to be. :facepalm:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »

These 2 pictures are perfect examples of the spot light seeking retards we've had in the white house lately.

I recently heard our choices have been "2 bowls of crap, the only difference is the stench".  Can't wait for the epic crap circus that the next 2 candidates are going to be. :facepalm:

This is the problem with politics today, and for a long time in the US. You can only chose between two candidates, and usually the choice is between a giant douche and a turd sandwich (South Park).

People always say, "If you don't vote, you can't complain about the government!"

Bull rough ridin' crap. IF the system only allows for 2 people to be voted for, and I don't want to vote for either one...than I have EVERY right to complain about ANYTHING. This is probably why such a large number of people don't vote...a lack of a "real" choice.

That said, I likely won't vote in '12 unless Ron Paul gets the R nomination...and as we all know is next to impossible.

/rant

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:54:11 PM »
I voted for 2 effing respects that have been running the country the last 6 years.  Bush basically was so effing scared of his own shadow the last 1.5 years because his approval rating was as bad as it's been in a long time for a president if not ever.  Then OB thinking government programs and money is the way to fix everything, and then bending over for the right because he wants re-elected.  1 thing i admire about republican presidents, at least they have a spine  :goodbyecruelworld: = US government
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »

This is the problem with politics today, and for a long time in the US. You can only chose between two candidates, and usually the choice is between a giant douche and a turd sandwich (South Park).

People always say, "If you don't vote, you can't complain about the government!"

Bull rough ridin' crap. IF the system only allows for 2 people to be voted for, and I don't want to vote for either one...than I have EVERY right to complain about ANYTHING. This is probably why such a large number of people don't vote...a lack of a "real" choice.

That said, I likely won't vote in '12 unless Ron Paul gets the R nomination...and as we all know is next to impossible.

/rant

Yeah, don't vote. That will change things. You sure show 'em there.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 10:53:19 PM »

I recently heard our choices have been "2 bowls of crap, the only difference is the stench".  Can't wait for the epic crap circus that the next 2 candidates are going to be. :facepalm:

/rant

Yeah, don't vote. That will change things. You sure show 'em there.

Why bother when you're vote doesn't count cause there's no difference between the candidates, and they're both crap heads?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:55:51 PM by pike »

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 11:01:09 PM »
So you are volunteering to run Paul's Kansas campaign office?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 11:09:19 PM »
No. The media and TPTB hate RP too much for him to ever have a chance.

And it's too late to change anything short of a massive paradigm shift...which is likely not going to happen since the people are so dumbed down by Jersey Shore, the Apprentice, the Kardashians, religion, etc. And if anyone tries to run against their party's mainstream ideas (Ron Paul) than the sheeple label that person "Crazy" and it's all over with.

So, IMO we're sort of stuck right now.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:11:41 PM by pike »

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 11:11:31 PM »
I don't like things the way they are. I hope someone comes along and does something for me. I'll just sit here eating Cheetos and making excuses until it happens.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 11:12:33 PM »
I don't like things the way they are. I hope someone comes along and does something for me. I'll just sit here eating Cheetos and making excuses until it happens.

All right, go vote for Obama or whoever runs for the Republicans. If you think you're making a difference, good for you.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 11:14:53 PM »
But '06 you're just proving my point, that people are OK with the way things are. And because of that we'll continue to have shitty leaders where half the country hates them, and the other half praises them. Even when they do the same damn things for their own stupid interests (and those that helped elect them)

Sad . . . really

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 08:13:54 AM »
You could always go in with a "vote-em-out" attitude. If you think the president has done a horrible job, you could always take the chance that the other guy might be better. Sometimes presidents are much different in office than they are as candidates. Just look at our last 2 presidents.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 10:52:18 PM »
Change of plans....

Gary Johnson....would vote

Herman Cain.....maybe

But Gary has as good a chance as Ron Paul since most hypocrite Americans don't understand libertarianism, so it's almost a moot point.

Herman Cain...I like his ideas of the fair tax, so yeah maybe, but...

....will the  :opcat: tea party vote for a black man?

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
But '06 you're just proving my point, that people are OK with the way things are. And because of that we'll continue to have shitty leaders where half the country hates them, and the other half praises them. Even when they do the same damn things for their own stupid interests (and those that helped elect them)

Sad . . . really

Good thing MLK just looked at the country the way it was and said both sides are bad, sad ... really. Change in this country has never been easy, even for things we think of as barbaric today. If you're unhappy with something you have to change it. You have to convince people the change is in their best interest.

I volunteer every election for local and state candidates who, while not perfect, best represent my worldview. It's a lot tougher than sitting on the couch bitching about things, but at the end of the day I've actually helped make a difference, from establishing a community foundation with grants from a local government, to increasing education opportunities and saving an arts program. These are all things I've helped accomplish in places I've lived that happened because candidates I supported and worked to get elected won.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 05:31:06 AM »
Change of plans....

Herman Cain.....maybe

But Gary has as good a chance as Ron Paul since most hypocrite Americans don't understand libertarianism, so it's almost a moot point.

Speaking of same as the other guy...

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 08:30:10 AM »
Change of plans....

Herman Cain.....maybe

Of the candidates at the debate last night, I would definitely rank them:

1. Ron Paul

2. Gary Johnson

3. Herman Cain

4. Tim Pawlenty - Dodged most of the questions he was asked. I don't think I'd vote for him.

5. Rick Santorum - Huge douche bag. I'd never vote for him under any circumstance.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 01:02:46 PM »
the Fair Tax wasn't Cain's idea, but I'm glad someone is supporting it publicly.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 01:36:26 PM »
Fair tax sounds fantastic.   :driving:

http://www.fairtax.org

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 01:46:51 PM »
Fair tax sounds fantastic.   :driving:

http://www.fairtax.org

welcome to koug's bandwagon circa 2005.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
the Fair Tax wasn't Cain's idea, but I'm glad someone is supporting it publicly.

Yeah I know. And I agree.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 07:18:45 PM »

It is be going to be difficult to convince the 50% of Americans who pay no federal income tax to vote for someone who wishes to change that.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 07:26:58 PM »

It is be going to be difficult to convince the 50% of Americans who pay no federal income tax to vote for someone who wishes to change that.

Oh yeah...forgot about that brutal statistic  :bang:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 11:41:35 PM »
Oops...Herman Cain was chairman of the Fed, Kansas City branch. Scratch him off the list of people I would vote for.

That leaves Paul and Johnson.