Author Topic: What Almost Was....  (Read 3908 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: What Almost Was....
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2016, 11:39:52 PM »
One legit school of thought espoused by the LB in question and others ITK was the weird handling of talented players at times by the head coach.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 05:47:23 AM »
Mega A+ source:   K-State for some inexplicable reason (Stoops-Venables) changed a bunch of stuff on defense late in the season.   

Why  :dunno:

I also have an A+ source on this. If you can ever stomach watching the game again ask about yourself what the hell is going on with our consensus all-america linebacker.

as someone  of low fb iq but old enough to remember all these games, i would like the meaning of this post made explicit. perhaps in a dm.

We changed our scheme and it significantly lessened the effect of one of the best defensive players in school history, there were several snaps he wasn't even on the field for. Its been a while but I think I remember seeing that Jeff Kelly played less snaps in that game than he did any other against a ranked opponent that season.

again, genuine question...the coaches did this because...?

You'll have to ask them that, I have no idea, but we definitely didn't run the 4-3 nearly as much as we had to that point and part of that involved sitting our all-american linebacker. I'm not accusing them of malice, just stupidity. Malice was them working for OU from our offices during prep for that game and the bowl.
It's a conspiracy for OU to prevent the KSU cats from winning the national title.  We should just pull an OSU and hang the banner while we still can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2016, 08:30:36 AM »
Mega A+ source:   K-State for some inexplicable reason (Stoops-Venables) changed a bunch of stuff on defense late in the season.   

Why  :dunno:

I also have an A+ source on this. If you can ever stomach watching the game again ask about yourself what the hell is going on with our consensus all-america linebacker.
I'd rather shoot myself! :frown: