Author Topic: What I like about Coach Weber  (Read 5754 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: What I like about Coach Weber
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2016, 09:30:10 AM »
Ptolemy should probably not post on this blogsite, imo.

You have to read the pit to get a full appreciation of how great ptolemy is.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2016, 02:33:30 PM »
how he sticks his hands in his pants when he gets angry

Offline Ted Stryker

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 07:19:03 PM »
He's never been late to a game...so that's something. 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 08:51:07 PM »
He's never been late to a game...so that's something.

Currie probably gives him a bonus for it.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 08:44:04 AM »
Our inbound plays are no better than when Frank was here, and that was one of Frank's weaknesses.

Running off recruits that you brought in, a significant number of them, is not something indicative of a quality coach.

From what I can tell, Chester looks to want to punch oscar in the face nearly every time they huddle during timeouts.

Yes, oscar can recruit better than Wooldridge and Asbury, again not indicative of a quality coach. And, to be honest, those two losers may have been able to recruit at oscar level had they inherited the gift that Huggins and Frank passed on.

oscar's defensive teams have been high quality, but Frank's were just as effective (at least) and better (at best) because they could turn defense into offense.

oscar is mediocrity, with brief moments of excellence. Live with it. Accept it. We're forever striving for 5th place in conference with him. Have another drink.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2016, 11:39:24 AM »
"oscar is mediocrity, with brief moments of excellence. Live with it. Accept it. We're forever striving for 5th place in conference with him. Have another drink."

That pretty much defines the tone of this column, but not so much on the accept it angle:
http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/2016-03-10/kevin-haskin-beat-goes-weber-cats-crumble-big-12-tourney

Some writers must be getting tired of having to sit through yearlong pig slop and Brucecuses. Nice to see someone in the media calling Oscar out about last year's fiasco.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »
"oscar is mediocrity, with brief moments of excellence. Live with it. Accept it. We're forever striving for 5th place in conference with him. Have another drink."

That pretty much defines the tone of this column, but not so much on the accept it angle:
http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/2016-03-10/kevin-haskin-beat-goes-weber-cats-crumble-big-12-tourney

Some writers must be getting tired of having to sit through yearlong pig slop and Brucecuses. Nice to see someone in the media calling Oscar out about last year's fiasco.

https://kansasstate.n.rivals.com/news/from-fitz-weber-staying-his-team-will-keep-playing

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2016, 10:34:58 AM »

He was allowed to dismantle the roster, with approval from athletic director John Currie

So they got together and last season's departures were all planned? Has this been common knowledge and discussed?

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2016, 10:50:52 AM »
Our inbound plays are no better than when Frank was here, and that was one of Frank's weaknesses.

Running off recruits that you brought in, a significant number of them, is not something indicative of a quality coach.

From what I can tell, Chester looks to want to punch oscar in the face nearly every time they huddle during timeouts.

Yes, oscar can recruit better than Wooldridge and Asbury, again not indicative of a quality coach. And, to be honest, those two losers may have been able to recruit at oscar level had they inherited the gift that Huggins and Frank passed on.

oscar's defensive teams have been high quality, but Frank's were just as effective (at least) and better (at best) because they could turn defense into offense.

oscar is mediocrity, with brief moments of excellence. Live with it. Accept it. We're forever striving for 5th place in conference with him. Have another drink.

I think Oscar has very bad breath, can't really verify this but he very well might. Probably one of reasons Chester has the punch a size your face for free look.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2016, 11:04:05 AM »

He was allowed to dismantle the roster, with approval from athletic director John Currie

So they got together and last season's departures were all planned? Has this been common knowledge and discussed?

On top of that Currie covered for oscar and lied to the fan base by blaming it on transfer epidemic, not a planned dismantling.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2016, 11:49:49 AM »
If you plan to live on bread, lunkmeat, and.water, you want these to be safe.  If you are down on oscur, go to the Illinois bb forums.  Groce like a meal of dead skunk, moldy biscuits, and sewage water.  Things could be worse.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2016, 06:59:49 AM »
Things could be worse. Support oscar.

The same asinine logic about to deliver us President Hillary Clinton.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2016, 05:46:54 PM »
Oscar, Currie, et. al. have given me a stress free selection Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2016, 05:52:50 PM »
Things could be worse. Support oscar.

The same asinine logic about to deliver us President Hillary Clinton.

the logic is pretty solid for clinton, though.  no presidentials underwoods out there.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2016, 06:23:28 PM »
that he has us considering the b12 tournament as the "post-season" now
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2016, 11:06:36 AM »
Calm late March.  No worries.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2016, 11:11:19 AM »
that he has us considering the b12 tournament as the "post-season" now

It's not just the postseason. It's March Madness.