Author Topic: GIVE US MORE FREE STUFF!!  (Read 1369 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
GIVE US MORE FREE STUFF!!
« on: November 12, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: GIVE US MORE FREE STUFF!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 08:44:29 AM »
Rubio's plan sounds a lot like Hillary's.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 08:52:06 AM »
Free college would be pretty great for this country
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 09:17:45 AM »
Let's start with free housing and transportation, and nationalizing a few more industries. I mean, if we're going to turn this place into the Soviet union, there's an order to follow.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 02:55:08 PM »
i want free taxes

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 02:59:27 PM »
Unfortunately free college likely dictates huge changes.   No more Taj Mahal buildings being constructed with state of the art wifi, 15 outlets for laptops/tablets/phones, at least not constructed quickly and in a timely fashion.   The Union Renovation  . . . pfft, no new latte bar for you!!

Could the modern college student handle the slug like pace the construction of the amenities they demand would encounter.

What happens if there's free college and a "conservative" (gasp!!) administration is in place?   Free College likely dictates a lot of Fed types dictating policy, curriculum etc. etc. 

Enjoy!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 03:01:14 PM »
im sure the latte bar will pay for itself

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »
im sure the latte bar will pay for itself

We're talking about government funded education.   I'm sure the paperwork in the current climate to get the union renovation done was copious and that's just with K-State and the Union Corporation involved.    Can't even imagine what it would be like to get union renovation fees tacked on to a tuition bill if the Feds are paying the bill.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 03:17:57 PM »
i get ALL my information on this topic from you, so i'm afraid i wont be able to sustain any kind of discussion

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 03:18:31 PM »
i was just thinking about how much coffee i bought from the coffee stand in rathbone

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 03:19:01 PM »
Sad that a conservative administration would change schooling to fit their ideological views. Sounds kind of like propaganda

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 03:20:16 PM »
Sad that a conservative administration would change schooling to fit their ideological views. Sounds kind of like propaganda

Yeah, if there's one thing ProgLibs don't like to meddle in . . . it's education.   

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 03:21:11 PM »
wonder what would happen with university foundation departments.  "scholarships" at public schools would kind of be unnecessary. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 03:21:55 PM »
wonder what would happen with university foundation departments.  "scholarships" at public schools would kind of be unnecessary.

There are still living expenses

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 03:24:30 PM »
I just want one of those badass remote control cars.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 03:24:56 PM »

would it just be free tuition?  would people still have to pay for campus housing/dorm fees and stuff?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 03:31:30 PM »

would it just be free tuition?  would people still have to pay for campus housing/dorm fees and stuff?

I assume they would just live in their parents' basements, like most juco student do. That's all this is - "free" juco, meaning "paid for by somebody else." Oh, and I think they're also marching for raising the minimum wage, meaning "decreasing their opportunities for employment after college."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »

Personally I would only support tuition at "free college", but I have no idea what other people think

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 05:34:14 PM »
If they cancel student debt I want my 30k I had and 30k my parents had refunded.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 06:58:34 PM »
This is probably stupid and you all will call me stupid and that is fine. But I actually don't like the idea of K-State 2025. I think the function of a land grant school is provide an affordable education and I feel like 2025 is making it harder to provide an affordable education.  i guess what I'm trying to say is education costs are now greatly inflated due the fact that schools are constantly competing with each other to get better ranked in a magazine. As an alum do I want K-State to be ranked as high as possible, absolutely. But I also don't want it to lose sight of its mission. I'm probably way off base here. I've just been thinking about it for awhile.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 07:27:57 PM »
This is probably stupid and you all will call me stupid and that is fine. But I actually don't like the idea of K-State 2025. I think the function of a land grant school is provide an affordable education and I feel like 2025 is making it harder to provide an affordable education.  i guess what I'm trying to say is education costs are now greatly inflated due the fact that schools are constantly competing with each other to get better ranked in a magazine. As an alum do I want K-State to be ranked as high as possible, absolutely. But I also don't want it to lose sight of its mission. I'm probably way off base here. I've just been thinking about it for awhile.
I'm with you at heart.  I don't think K-State 2025 is itself a bad goal or ill-intentioned.  But if it makes costs increase to the point of undermining the university's land grant mission, then yeah, that's bad.