Author Topic: A story for cyclist - re: Scotch  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
A story for cyclist - re: Scotch
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:55:27 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=9754294

This Scotch has been on the rocks for a century.

Five crates of Scotch whisky and two of brandy have been recovered by a team restoring an Antarctic hut used more than 100 years ago by famed polar explorer Ernest Shackleton.

Ice cracked some of the bottles that had been left there in 1909, but the restorers said Friday they are confident the five crates contain intact bottles "given liquid can be heard when the crates are moved."

New Zealand Antarctic Heritage Trust team leader Al Fastier said the team thought there were two crates and were amazed to find five.

Current distillery owner, drinks group Whyte & Mackay, launched the bid to recover the Scotch whisky for samples to test and decide whether to relaunch the defunct spirit made by distiller McKinlay and Co.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

cyclist

Re: A story for cyclist - re: Scotch
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:29:38 PM »

Five crates of Scotch whisky and two of brandy have been recovered by a team restoring an Antarctic hut used more than 100 years ago by famed polar explorer Ernest Shackleton.

Ice cracked some of the bottles that had been left there in 1909, but the restorers said Friday they are confident the five crates contain intact bottles "given liquid can be heard when the crates are moved."

New Zealand Antarctic Heritage Trust team leader Al Fastier said the team thought there were two crates and were amazed to find five.

Current distillery owner, drinks group Whyte & Mackay, launched the bid to recover the Scotch whisky for samples to test and decide whether to relaunch the defunct spirit made by distiller McKinlay and Co.

Nectar !

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:32:13 PM »
I once left a Dr. Pepper in the freezer and it exploded all over an almost full box of Eggos.  My mom was pretty pissed. 

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 01:40:10 PM »
I once left a Dr. Pepper in the freezer and it exploded all over an almost full box of Eggos.  My mom was pretty pissed. 

Ray Kroc did the same thing, except with maple syrup.  That's how the McGriddle was invented.  True story.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:51:35 PM »

left one in my car overnight during the winter once. now have brown stains all over my interior. panty-dropper, if you ask me. :flush:

cyclist

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 05:03:55 PM »

Nectar !

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »
I was house sitting for a neighbor when I was in HS and I stashed all my beer in their freezer not knowing that it could freeze.

it sucked.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 06:30:39 PM »
just pored some The Quinta Ruban, so delish.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 09:01:36 PM »
just pored some The Quinta Ruban, so delish.
Gross.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 09:03:50 PM »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »

left one in my car overnight during the winter once. now have brown stains all over my interior. panty-dropper, if you ask me. :flush:

I left a can of cola right by the rear window of my car in the middle of summer a couple of years ago. That sucker exploded and I still have stains on the interior roof of my car.

:angry: