Author Topic: Currie Doin Work  (Read 5648 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Currie Doin Work
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 03:04:58 PM »
Hate to say it.

But right back to Tim Weiser Jr. you go ADJC heretofor referenced as Tim Weiser Jr. until further notice-UFN.

So yes, excellent story on Tim Weiser Jr. thinking about doing things.

Weiser was inept.  Curry is not.  To date:

1) revamped football ticket pricing.  
2) cleaned out Weiser/Krause era ruh-tards employed by ADepartment
3) paid Frank
4) practice faciltiy.  

#4 will happen.  and soon.  If you don't choose to believe it, than so be it.  You'd be wrong.  

What else do you expect a guy to do in his first year as AD?  

He should announce paying Figgsy/Greeny/Assy/Undy pretty soon imo

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 03:07:09 PM »
Meanwhile, Perkins and KU just inked an $86 million deal with IMG.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 03:08:05 PM »

Did that get your broke football deal paid for then? 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 03:11:11 PM »

He should announce paying Figgsy/Greeny/Assy/Undy pretty soon imo

Agreed.  We need to have these guys paid.  Especially Greeny. 

But I'm not going to compare him to Weiser.  Come on..  Weiser was fracking worthless.  The guy was out turkey hunting during football games. 

At least Curry is shlepping his unibrow around the parking lot gladhanding donors. 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »

Probably not, but at least they've got the plan in place, and they're in the process of raising money for it.  That's more than you guys can say about anything going on within K-State's athletic department right now.  Oh, and I know, I know... K-State already has state of the art facilities in every sport and doesn't need anything else.  Spare yourself the time and energy, 'Pad.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »

Probably not, but at least they've got the plan in place, and they're in the process of raising money for it.  That's more than you guys can say about anything going on within K-State's athletic department right now.  Oh, and I know, I know... K-State already has state of the art facilities in every sport and doesn't need anything else.  Spare yourself the time and energy, 'Pad.

Read the article we're all bitching about.  It is all planning, no doing.  Just like you described is going on at KU.  I would be furious at KU if I were you.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 03:46:59 PM »

Read the article we're all bitching about.  It is all planning, no doing.  Just like you described is going on at KU.  I would be furious at KU if I were you.

I'm disappointed that the Gridiron Club won't be completed any time soon, but it's hard to be furious when KU just completed $55 million in upgrades to AFH and other areas. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 03:59:28 PM »

Your football "plans" are in the process of licking their wounds. "Coming in 2010!"  pfft
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 04:22:14 PM »

Your football "plans" are in the process of licking their wounds. "Coming in 2010!"  pfft

ku's football program is in horrific shape.  Has to be easily the worst in the north.  If not the entire conf.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 04:48:37 PM »
Why should I spare myself the energy.

Your A.D. is on record in USA today saying expenses are exceeding revenue, and your athletic department is currently under investigation by the FBI.

What else needs to be said??

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 04:58:08 PM »

ku's football program is in horrific shape.  Has to be easily the worst in the north.  If not the entire conf.

Worst in conference.  Only comparable south team is Baylor, and THEY are NOT melting down.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 06:21:40 PM »
"the media area is way too big and in too prime a spot.  they could move those no recruiting coverage producing freeloaders behind one of the baskets and have another 50 or so 5k/year seats."

I wish i would have thought of that.  Oh wait.   :gocho:

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=1422.30

February 25, 2010, 11:23:22 PM

What about relocating the press to the north end under the bucket.  Create a two tiered press area behind the goal and utilize the current video board to the north end and extend courtside seating from baseline to baseline.  Immediately raise donations and high price seating without any considerable charge (more office chairs).  :kstatriot:

Also BMW your new strength facility is very pretty, but Dawson himself said that after they moved in the workouts sucked.  He said that the players were too fat and happy.  Also on a number of occasions has said that KU is "still choking on that orange."    :lol:

His words not mine.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 07:03:05 PM »
What about relocating the press to the north end under the bucket.  Create a two tiered press area behind the goal and utilize the current video board to the north end and extend courtside seating from baseline to baseline.  Immediately raise donations and high price seating without any considerable charge (more office chairs).  :kstatriot:

good job, licksey.  when our useless local media (great job on the rosario SCOOP, sugar dicks) start bitching, cap'n will know to send them your way.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 07:57:55 PM »

Also BMW your new strength facility is very pretty, but Dawson himself said that after they moved in the workouts sucked.  He said that the players were too fat and happy.  Also on a number of occasions has said that KU is "still choking on that orange."    :lol:

Just like Rocky IV.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 08:21:59 PM »
I would like to ammend my earlier post by adding that a special seat be reserved next to GG for JMart, as he seems to be the only productive ksu beat writer he should enjoy some compensation.

p.s. i fear the day that  :katpak:'s become insufficient compensation. :ohno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 08:35:52 PM »
When I was sober earlier I forgot to post that Currie seemed like a douchey cheese dick.  So, there it is.  He does.  Later dumbasses. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 09:27:23 PM »
sober.

pfffft  :drink:

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 10:31:49 AM »
curries bought himself a 6 month reprieve with me after the frank contract.  i'll stick to that for now.  really, he hasn't disapointed me at all yet.  but if there isn't a significant ground breaking in the next year, i think that would be the first big disapointment.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 10:50:15 AM »

Just like Rocky IV.

and ku is Apollo