Author Topic: Ranking the Big XII RB units  (Read 4458 times)

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking the Big XII RB units
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2014, 06:29:27 PM »
RBs are such a wild card.  I mean a team could come in with with 0 experience at the position and no clear answer who will start, but at season's end have a 1,000 yard rusher and a all-conference first team candidate.  In the same token a team could return a 2 year starter with all-conference accolades who only manages 600 yards and drastically loses draft stock.  Fortunately we have almost always had good luck with RBs because Snyder always places such great emphasis on the run game.  Every year we hear about how intense the competition is to find a starter even when we have starters returning.  This year - and I hope Warmack has a good run - will be no different.

You typed a lot to say basically nothing. Not to be mean or anything.

Lol!  Srry.  I will def try 2 use more brev when forming sentences 2 accommod8 ur 8th grd reading lvl.  TDLoo!!  TTYL!!!

P.S. 4Q!!!

I thought I told you not to break your Andy Dwyer based character?

I had too much Sweetums this weekend.  It made me a little hyper.
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2014, 06:36:19 PM »
RBs are such a wild card.  I mean a team could come in with with 0 experience at the position and no clear answer who will start, but at season's end have a 1,000 yard rusher and a all-conference first team candidate.  In the same token a team could return a 2 year starter with all-conference accolades who only manages 600 yards and drastically loses draft stock.  Fortunately we have almost always had good luck with RBs because Snyder always places such great emphasis on the run game.  Every year we hear about how intense the competition is to find a starter even when we have starters returning.  This year - and I hope Warmack has a good run - will be no different.

Lol!  Srry.  I will def try 2 use more brev when forming sentences 2 accommod8 ur 8th grd reading lvl.  TDLoo!!  TTYL!!!

P.S. 4Q!!!

I think I had her too.  :D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »

P.S. 4Q!!!

Sweetums is a fictional candy manufacturer on the hit NBC comedy Parks and Rec... oh you know what I quit. :facepalm:
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »

P.S. 4Q!!!

Sweetums is a fictional candy manufacturer on the hit NBC comedy Parks and Rec... oh you know what I quit. :facepalm:
Well ain't that a bitch.  :whistle1:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2014, 07:39:15 PM »
Katdaddy have you never watched Parks and Rec

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2014, 10:41:54 PM »
Katdaddy have you never watched Parks and Rec
Nope.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 10:52:32 PM »

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 09:17:12 AM »
I hate our stupid fans like cleveland

There there OK Cat.

Dudes, is it all that crazy to think the Cats are getting no respect on this list? Not saying we should be in top 5, but KU and Tech should be below us at least. One is KU. Tech moved what was thought to be their best returning RB to LB. Both those teams are coached in ways that don't emphasize the run. We have Bill rough ridin' Snyder who consistently makes RBs work. 

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised anymore,  but nearly every year these preseason lists underestimate Bill. To me, this equals no respect.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2014, 10:26:51 AM »

There there OK Cat.

Dudes, is it all that crazy to think the Cats are getting no respect on this list? Not saying we should be in top 5, but KU and Tech should be below us at least. One is KU. Tech moved what was thought to be their best returning RB to LB. Both those teams are coached in ways that don't emphasize the run. We have Bill rough ridin' Snyder who consistently makes RBs work. 

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised anymore,  but nearly every year these preseason lists underestimate Bill. To me, this equals no respect.

BETTER MAKE A NEW THREAD

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=22986.0
:dance:

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2014, 10:33:55 AM »

There there OK Cat.

Maybe they're going off pure talent of the athletes at the time of ranking and not expectations of how they COULD perform come fall. Only reason I can see WVU at the top of that list because, talent-wise, the 5-6 RB's Holgorsen will have at his disposal look amazing. He'll do nothing to help them, though, and I doubt WVU has a single 1000 yard rusher out of the whole lot. Holgorsen won't coach kids up at all. Snyder will apparently take a juco nobody and make him an all-star. That stuff doesn't seem to be a factor in this dumb ranking.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2014, 10:40:38 AM »

There there OK Cat.

Maybe they're going off pure talent of the athletes at the time of ranking and not expectations of how they COULD perform come fall. Only reason I can see WVU at the top of that list because, talent-wise, the 5-6 RB's Holgorsen will have at his disposal look amazing. He'll do nothing to help them, though, and I doubt WVU has a single 1000 yard rusher out of the whole lot. Holgorsen won't coach kids up at all. Snyder will apparently take a juco nobody and make him an all-star. That stuff doesn't seem to be a factor in this dumb ranking.

You're probably right. Was just hoping to contribute to the angering up of the masses around here. For some reason a select few choose to turn their anger inward on emaw nation.