Author Topic: this basketball game tonight...  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: this basketball game tonight...
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 06:56:56 PM »
Yeah, pretty meh about it.  KU stinks at everything but this and we are great at everything.  Feels like this means way more to them. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 07:02:56 PM »
Yeah, pretty meh about it.  KU stinks at everything but this and we are great at everything.  Feels like this means way more to them.

In the Big12, every game KU plays is their supper bowl.  Trying to make others take notice. 

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 09:31:25 PM »
It's like the World Cup. I want to win and laugh at the rest of the world for beating them in a sport any of us could give two fucks about, but is it really worth taking away that trophy from whatever shithole wants it?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 09:40:31 PM »
It's like the World Cup. I want to win and laugh at the rest of the world for beating them in a sport any of us could give two fucks about, but is it really worth taking away that trophy from whatever shithole wants it?

that's really a perfect analogy. like it would be total lol for the us to beat spain or germany or whoever is really good at soccer for the world cup but at the same time you'd feel kind of bad doing it. like jesus we aren't even trying and we beat you by accident or something. sorry.