Author Topic: Young Balls  (Read 4785 times)

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
Re: Young Balls
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 01:01:21 PM »
Before reading the caption I thought bill was the guy in the back row, middle.  That kid looks just like Tate.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 01:03:31 PM »
I wonder if Bill is wearing Cotton Bowl trunks.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »
oscar Wake looks a little like Stiffler.

:thumbs: Was going to post that last night!

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 02:45:26 PM »
Quotes from Lifeguard LHC Bill Snyder
On the rescue of the swimmer...
"I was certainly pleased with it. I was pleased with the way the youngsters approached the emergency and how they reacted and kept their focus. We swam well. We made mistakes and need to get better, but collectively, I think we did a nice job."

On how the rescue was achieved...
"They just kept swimming. We didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. It has been a matter of week in and week out, just trying to improve day in and day out, and I think our lifeguards did that. We swam well and we swam aggressively. We pursued the drowning victim. We had a relentless rescue, so to speak. We got our hands on the victim, unknown girl, who by the way, regardless of results, is a talented swimmer."

On oscar Wakes ability to lead the Krug Pool staff by example...
"He certainly does, and we have a number of young guys that also present leadership to the pool staff. He keeps the swimmers where they need to be, and our young guys recognize and realize that."

On the struggles at CPR...
"We had some young guys that just did not do the things that they have been taught to do."

On the splashing in the pool...
"They brought the toddlers out to the middle of the pool, and we had some middle school youngsters happen to do the same thing. I’m sure there were a few things said there, but that was as far as it went. The lifeguards got in there, and there wasn’t a riot that broke out. You don’t like those things to happen. We don’t want bad attention."

On Jerry Dawson’s performance...
"We had a few rescues that were very positive. He and Bob (Ross) are both quality young  men, but it takes 4 other guards, and the other 4 did a nice job. I thought we had good protection for our first aid when we had a chance to save them. We got a lot of positive things out of it as it would with anybody. It scared us when we almost lost one to the deep end, so you look at the things that you do and what they did. That gave us some additional anxiety that does not show up in the paper. We were getting the swimmers around the pool ropes. It had a lasting impact on that facet of the rescues."

On the negatives from today...
"We let them cannon ball two lifeguards. I did not feel real comfortable about that. I did not like the fact that we missed a dunking. Aside from that, the rest of it is nitpicking. Those are the obvious things."

On Jim Sullwold’s performance...
"He made some tremendous saves. I was proud of the way he swam for the most part. His enthusiasm to try, he got himself into a little bit of a pickle and it was costly. The rescues really occurred at very dramatic times, but when you look at pool position where they were, when they get down in there, they are a threat to get it into the deep end. He did a nice job."

Mark Kay Taylor’s distraction of attention for the pool staff...
"It is definitely difficult. We try to limit how much we talk about it as much as possible, but like you said with a new day in age and all the media, like TV and Radio and the Yearbook, it is pretty apparent and it is hard to get by that. We are just trying to focus on saving the next swimmer."

On joy or relief on today's rescue...
"It is a little bit of both I would say."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »
 :sdeek: how long did that take?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »
I swam at Krug Pool this summer.   :gocho:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »
Prob cut and paste, find and replace "football" replace with "swim". 

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 02:54:58 PM »
Quotes from Lifeguard LHC LHC Bill Snyder
On the rescue of the swimmer...
"I was certainly pleased with it. I was pleased with the way the youngsters approached the emergency and how they reacted and kept their focus. We swam well. We made mistakes and need to get better, but collectively, I think we did a nice job."

On how the rescue was achieved...
"They just kept swimming. We didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. It has been a matter of week in and week out, just trying to improve day in and day out, and I think our lifeguards did that. We swam well and we swam aggressively. We pursued the drowning victim. We had a relentless rescue, so to speak. We got our hands on the victim, unknown girl, who by the way, regardless of results, is a talented swimmer."

On oscar Wakes ability to lead the Krug Pool staff by example...
"He certainly does, and we have a number of young guys that also present leadership to the pool staff. He keeps the swimmers where they need to be, and our young guys recognize and realize that."

On the struggles at CPR...
"We had some young guys that just did not do the things that they have been taught to do."

On the splashing in the pool...
"They brought the toddlers out to the middle of the pool, and we had some middle school youngsters happen to do the same thing. I’m sure there were a few things said there, but that was as far as it went. The lifeguards got in there, and there wasn’t a riot that broke out. You don’t like those things to happen. We don’t want bad attention."

On Jerry Dawson’s performance...
"We had a few rescues that were very positive. He and Bob (Ross) are both quality young  men, but it takes 4 other guards, and the other 4 did a nice job. I thought we had good protection for our first aid when we had a chance to save them. We got a lot of positive things out of it as it would with anybody. It scared us when we almost lost one to the deep end, so you look at the things that you do and what they did. That gave us some additional anxiety that does not show up in the paper. We were getting the swimmers around the pool ropes. It had a lasting impact on that facet of the rescues."

On the negatives from today...
"We let them cannon ball two lifeguards. I did not feel real comfortable about that. I did not like the fact that we missed a dunking. Aside from that, the rest of it is nitpicking. Those are the obvious things."

On Jim Sullwold’s performance...
"He made some tremendous saves. I was proud of the way he swam for the most part. His enthusiasm to try, he got himself into a little bit of a pickle and it was costly. The rescues really occurred at very dramatic times, but when you look at pool position where they were, when they get down in there, they are a threat to get it into the deep end. He did a nice job."

Mark Kay Taylor’s distraction of attention for the pool staff...
"It is definitely difficult. We try to limit how much we talk about it as much as possible, but like you said with a new day in age and all the media, like TV and Radio and the Yearbook, it is pretty apparent and it is hard to get by that. We are just trying to focus on saving the next swimmer."

On joy or relief on today's rescue...
"It is a little bit of both I would say."

:lol: Mark Janssen OUTED!

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »
Bill looks like such an effing stud
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 06:20:06 PM »
I hope 1957 LHC Bill Snyder finds a time machine.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2012, 12:38:30 AM »
I hope 1957 LHC LHC Bill Snyder finds a time machine.

makes me homo to see that picture  :love: :bill:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2012, 07:12:54 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2012, 10:29:18 AM »
Impressive find Zappacat. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2012, 10:44:01 AM »
LMAO, Zappa insertion of yearbook as opposed to internet

Offline ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2012, 01:15:29 PM »
Impressive find Zappacat.

LHC Bill Snyder time machine
 :bill:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »

Bill in his young adult years when he worked at the circus.

In his late '20s he recorded many catchy tunes.

But the truth is Bill actually retired after the 2003 season and died in 2007.  What we thought was coach was actually LHC Bill Snyder Robot Coach v1.0 taking over in 2004.  Hence the downward trend.  When Ron Prince took over the secret engineering wing of the K-State football office spent several years overhauling the Robot Coach project and finally hired "coach" back recently when LHC Bill Snyder Robot Coach v1.2.6 went into production.  "Calm the waters" is just a code word for waiting to finish LHC Bill Snyder Robot Coach v2.0 with a new Sean Snyder skin.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2012, 03:04:18 PM »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile