Author Topic: Real estate choices  (Read 14736 times)

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Real estate choices
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
What would you like to know? 

How much would you charge to re-shape a sand bottom (18x36) when installing a new liner?  And would you have checked that before you bid the job or add it in above the contract price after the work was already done?

WTF KSUBrian?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 06:21:28 PM »
Little does JW know, KSUBrian is the one who scammed him on the price of re-shaping a sand bottom.  No way he posts here anymore now....

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2012, 11:19:08 PM »
Little does JW know, KSUBrian is the one who scammed him on the price of re-shaping a sand bottom.  No way he posts here anymore now....

KSUBrian!  :shakesfist:

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2012, 02:23:26 AM »
What would you like to know? 

How much would you charge to re-shape a sand bottom (18x36) when installing a new liner?  And would you have checked that before you bid the job or add it in above the contract price after the work was already done?

WTF KSUBrian?

Sorry Johnny.  I've been doing a lot of  :drink: :drink: and  :driving: lately and haven't been on the site to respond.  Sand bottoms are the worst and if it is an in-ground pool, I personally would recommend that instead of re-shaping, the bottom be replaced with a poolcrete hard surface bottom. 

I don't do the bidding and just work as a laborer for my nephew on a part-time basis.  According to him, "re-shaping" a sand bottom can range from no charge above a standard installation charge to $1,000 + depending on in-ground or above ground pool, sport or diving pool, the amount of "re-shaping" required, and the expectations of the finished product by the pool owner.  He attempts to determine all this in the bid process based upon discussions with the owner and visual observations.  However, unless the pool is drained, the old liner removed, and the new liner in hand to install that day, there are way to many unknowns, or conditions that could change beyond his control, to provide anything more than a price quote. On all liner replacements, his practice is to provide a price quote based upon known issues with a disclaimer that if unknown issues are encountered, the owner will be consulted on recommended repairs, and the cost of those repairs, to agree on how to proceed prior to the work being completed.

From your question, I would assume you have had a bad experience with a pool service company.  While there are two sides to every story, it is surprising how many times we have consulted with a pool owner that has dealt with some of the most respected pool service companies or retail stores in the KC market and what they have encountered is unbelievable and almost criminal.  My nephew's goal is to be as honest and upfront as possible and provide the best possible results for the lowest cost.