Author Topic: how many games would Turner Gill won last season as our HC  (Read 1576 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
how many games would Turner Gill won last season as our HC
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »
so this morning i'm having a water cooler convo with some of the ku guys that work for me, one is an intern, he just graduated from their business school with his mba and the other guy is a entry level data entry guy who processes collection letters for  my office.

they were talking about charlie weiss, etc and how he's a great coach.  no argument from me there, the guy has more rings than anyone so hey, it's fine.

but then they start throwing Turner Gill under the buss and blaming everything on Gill.  that's where i draw the line.

Gill was a hell of a coach and a hell of a recruiter and i wasn't going to let them drag his name through the proverbial mud in some self defeating effort to make their program look better than it actually is.

so anyways, i tell them that Gill would have won 9 games last season as head coach of the cats.  not including the cotton bowl.
essentially we would have the same loses but also would have lost the Baylor game.

UKU - Win
Kent St - Win
@ Miami - Win
Baylor - Loss
MU - Win (sorry booze hound pinkle :lol: _  )
TTech - Win (pud)
@ KU - Win (Gill against Gill :lol:  )
OU - Loss
@ OSU - Loss
TAMU - Win (pud)
@ UT - Win (of course, horns down :lol: *)
ISU - Win (pud)

what do you think?  9-3 seem legit?  idk.   :cheers:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: how many games would Turner Gill won last season as our HC
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »
No. Just no.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »
certainly at least 8 wins, i could even argue 10 or 11 though.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:40:29 PM »
Great post.

I am in almost total agreement.  However, I do not see Coach Gill winning the Miami game.  I mean, that win was pure luck anyway, but I just don't think Coach Gill would have had the athletes to run his system as well last year for the Cats.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »
this is all speculation and for entertainment purposes only, it is not meant to slight lhcbs in any way

*good point about Miami game, coin flip

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 02:48:11 PM »
I think a similar question is does Coach Gill win the Big 12 this year if he is coaching the Cats?

I say yes.  CK demonstrated in the Spring Game that he's probably the best pure passer in the conference (country???). 

You pair that with Sams at running back (think Tobin Opurum) and you have something very, very special in the Coach Gill system (i.e. spread with pro style running game and flankers).

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »
I think we would have beaten OSU, so we'd probably have also won the Fiesta Bowl, so 12.
:adios:

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »
Oh no, I'm not wading into this hornets nest!!!

I'll just say: Gill won the only conference championship in Buffalo Bulls history (speaking of rings).  He. Can. Coach.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »
Look, when you have a team as talented as ours, there is no doubt that an accomplished coach like Turner Gill could guide them to 9 or 10 wins. I think we have to give Coach Snyder credit for assembling this team, though, and you have to give our fanbase credit for allowing him more than 2 years to see results. I thought Coach Gill had a good thing going in Lawrence, but Weis running off all of his recruits indicates that I might have been wrong. The future will tell if Charlie is really bringing in enough studs to justify pulling all of those scholarships, but deep down inside I believe that Coach Gill will be vindicated in a big way.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 03:02:28 PM »
so this morning i'm having a water cooler convo with some of the ku guys that work for me, one is an intern, he just graduated from their business school with his mba and the other guy is a entry level data entry guy who processes collection letters for  my office.

they were talking about charlie weiss, etc and how he's a great coach.  no argument from me there, the guy has more rings than anyone so hey, it's fine.

but then they start throwing Turner Gill under the buss and blaming everything on Gill.  that's where i draw the line.

Gill was a hell of a coach and a hell of a recruiter and i wasn't going to let them drag his name through the proverbial mud in some self defeating effort to make their program look better than it actually is.

so anyways, i tell them that Gill would have won 9 games last season as head coach of the cats.  not including the cotton bowl.
essentially we would have the same loses but also would have lost the Baylor game.

UKU - Win
Kent St - Win
@ Miami - Win
Baylor - Loss
MU - Win (sorry booze hound pinkle :lol: _  )
TTech - Win (pud)
@ KU - Win (Gill against Gill :lol:  )
OU - Loss
@ OSU - Loss
TAMU - Win (pud)
@ UT - Win (of course, horns down :lol: *)
ISU - Win (pud)

what do you think?  9-3 seem legit?  idk.   :cheers:

lol at the notion that klein or arthur were going to let that team lose to baylor. baylor was decent last year but they're still baylor and we're still kstate. order restored. we win that game w/ or without gill.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 03:11:25 PM »
I believe.

B.E.L.I.E.V.E.

#Gill4ksu

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »
I think we would have beaten OSU, so we'd probably have also won the Fiesta Bowl, so 12.

Was going to say the first part, not the second.  I think OSU was very similar to that Ga Tech team that Turner toyed with.

Offline Houcat

• Combo-Fan
  • Dazed and Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 07:41:01 PM »
I pretty much agree with the other posters.  I would have seen at least the same conference record and with the extra time to prepare (absolutely one of Gill's best coaching skills) he would have won the Cotton Bowl.  11-2.  [editor's note: I struggle with the KU game where he would have out coached himself to victory.]

Who knows?  We've heard his halftime speeches.  He probably would have turned the OU game around towards our favor.

Definitely a better outcome.  Your KU guys are just wrong here.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 09:06:54 PM »
houcat,
they've sucked so bad (for so long), that they have very low fbiq's. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »
I thought Turner Gill was that weird poor rural white trash school district in KCK.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd