Author Topic: Interesting perspective from a converted Illinois fan  (Read 5213 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting perspective from a converted Illinois fan
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 12:19:55 PM »
Really getting tired of the "He seems like such a nice guy" quotes and posts.  I never understood why people give a shazbot! if a coach or player is a "nice guy".  Reminds me of Royals fans loving Mark Teahan and Sweeney.  Who cares what someone is like that you will most likely never even meet in your lifetime?  I don't care if the person knocks the ice-cream off the cones of every little kid at the stadium or arena as long as they win or hit home runs.  If being a nice guy means he gets good players, then sure, I am glad he is a nice guy, I just don't give a shazbot! either way. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 12:27:56 PM »
OT: Does Hitler ever get good news? 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Kaiser Soze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 01:13:48 PM »
Has oscar had Deron Williams call Angel yet?  If not, he should.

Offline DoyleLonnegan

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »
More stuff with oscar from Manbeck: http://www.themercury.com/k-statesports/article.aspx?articleId=c44304205ce740928f31f7bcdb9c6dc6

See, why is he saying that crap? "I wasn't going to come if half the team was leaving or something." I understand thinking that, because hell, who wouldn't, but come on, man.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
found this at illinois board - kind of funny
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:20 PM »

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 01:38:09 PM »
Really getting tired of the "He seems like such a nice guy" quotes and posts.  I never understood why people give a shazbot! if a coach or player is a "nice guy".  Reminds me of Royals fans loving Mark Teahan and Sweeney.  Who cares what someone is like that you will most likely never even meet in your lifetime?  I don't care if the person knocks the ice-cream off the cones of every little kid at the stadium or arena as long as they win or hit home runs.  If being a nice guy means he gets good players, then sure, I am glad he is a nice guy, I just don't give a shazbot! either way.

I hear ya, it's a little like the folks who always bring up the fact that our players are stupid and can't read (M Bishop ), well who gives a crap as long as they kick the opponents ass  :emawkid:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 01:40:16 PM »
"I think a lot of it will be an easy transition," Weber said. "I just hope offensively we can do maybe a little different things maybe to help, I don't know, we'll see."

I don't think I've ever seen a quote with so much uncertainty.  :lol:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 01:44:29 PM »
"I think a lot of it will be an easy transition," Weber said. "I just hope offensively we can do maybe a little different things maybe to help, I don't know, we'll see."

I don't think I've ever seen a quote with so much uncertainty.  :lol:

I'm thinking of having a season long "hope" count from oscar. Did you see this (he used "wish" instead of "hope" but it's still great):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=D-_6v_mmMmI#t=657s

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 04:55:20 PM »
Inspiration for this thread is claiming that Jay Price was the lead recruiter for Brandon Paul. I have had found absolutely zero evidence of this.

Illini folks can fill in the picture here if they want.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 05:24:21 PM »
I roll with EMAW.

I am all in with oscar Weber.   I have supported and defended every K-State coach who has been hired even though in several cases I knew in my gut it probably wouldn't work out and I would be a hypocrite if I quit doing it now. 

I'll bitch and complain the whole way, but I won't turn against them (even then I want to be proven wrong) until they prove to me they can't get the job done. 

I don't like how it went down, but everything I hear from ITK people I trust is that the basketball program under Frank Martin was walking a razor's edge between stability and an ugly implosion that goes well beyond the bad blood between Currie and Frank.   I am also of the belief, based on information from ITK types, that Frank being Frank was being used against K-State with extreme prejudice out on the recruiting trail.    But that's all water on the bridge right now.

Because I roll with EMAW, oscar Weber is EMAW, Frank Martin is no longer EMAW.   When oscar Weber is gone and no longer EMAW, than I'll roll with the next guy who is.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:33:30 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 05:30:34 PM »
I roll with EMAW.

I am all in with oscar Weber.   I have supported and defended every K-State coach who has been hired even though in several cases I knew in my gut it probably wouldn't work out but I would be a hypocrite if I quit doing it now. 

I'll bitch and complain the whole way, but I won't turn against them (even then I want to be proven wrong) until they prove to me they can't get the job done. 

I don't like how it went down, but everything I hear from ITK people I trust is that the basketball program under Frank Martin was walking a razor's edge between stability and an ugly implosion that goes well beyond the bad blood between Currie and Frank.   I am also of the belief, based on information from ITK types, that Frank being Frank was being used against K-State with extreme prejudice out on the recruiting trail.    But that's all water on the bridge right now.

Because I roll with EMAW, oscar Weber is EMAW, Frank Martin is no longer EMAW.   When oscar Weber is gone and no longer EMAW, than I'll roll with the next guy who is.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »

Frank sucking or not sucking has nothing to do with Weber sucking or not sucking.  Other than Frank left Weber with a relatively full cupboard to delay whatever sucking Weber is going to do.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »

Frank sucking or not sucking has nothing to do with Weber sucking or not sucking.  Other than Frank left Weber with a relatively full cupboard to delay whatever sucking Weber is going to do.

Okay . . . I don't recall saying anything about either one sucking or any future sucking.  But Okay

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2012, 02:19:12 PM »
I feel another Lou from Cincinnati...crap!

:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »
More stuff with oscar from Manbeck: http://www.themercury.com/k-statesports/article.aspx?articleId=c44304205ce740928f31f7bcdb9c6dc6

See, why is he saying that crap? "I wasn't going to come if half the team was leaving or something." I understand thinking that, because hell, who wouldn't, but come on, man.

One can only talk chicken nuggets for so long.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 10:21:44 AM »

Also, my takeaway from that comment was that when he keeps talking about how he came to K-State for the tradition, he's talking about the tradition of the 11-12 adorablecats being a good team.