Author Topic: KU should thank us  (Read 2410 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
KU should thank us
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:15:14 AM »
Normally their end of conf is ho hum. Now they have some emotion to their remaining sched. They have to actually care who wins or loses the next two of their games.

Blowing teams away is fun, but it is nothing compared to fighting hard and not knowing the outcome until it is reached.

A little drama makes the post game feel that much better after a win.

KU, you're welcome.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KU should thank us
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:18:44 AM »
Their a #1 seed and conf champ regardless of what happens Wed + Sat.  This is kinda like Lance heading into Paris...They should be popping the bubbly at halftime instead G-ade.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:24:19 AM »
Their a #1 seed and conf champ regardless of what happens Wed + Sat.  This is kinda like Lance heading into Paris...They should be popping the bubbly at halftime instead G-ade.
You really think they could lose their next two games and still have a one seed locked up? Kind of stupid if you ask me.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 09:26:21 AM »
If they lose 2 then its all fracked up.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 09:33:14 AM »
If they lose 2 then its all fracked up.

That is what I mean.  A little entertainment for them for the next few days.  They get to discuss this sort of thing and worry about it a little.  What fun is collage sports without that.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 09:38:39 AM »
actually if they lose two and then don't win the big 12 and kstate doesn't win the big 12 tourney then it is fracked up.

they could lose the next 2 and win the big 12 tourney for a 1 seed IMO.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 09:55:41 AM »
Even if ku were to go 0-2 this, the only way their ncca #1 seed is at risk is if the lose on thurs in KC

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 10:01:10 AM »
Even if ku were to go 0-2 this, the only way their ncca #1 seed is at risk is if the lose on thurs in KC

They lose 3 in a row their #1 seed will be in jeopardy big time. 

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 10:07:09 AM »
do you really think they will drop two in a row and lose on thu in KC...there is no way they lose on thu in kc. Losing to us doesn't really count, us losing to them doesn't really hurt us only helps us.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 10:24:18 AM »
do you really think they will drop two in a row and lose on thu in KC...there is no way they lose on thu in kc. Losing to us doesn't really count, us losing to them doesn't really hurt us only helps us.

We have a shot at them, but realistically they won't lose both of their next two.  That said, it isn't quite in the bag for them like it usually is.  Gotta be a little more fun for them than normal.

Just the fact that there is speculation as to what would happen if they did lose their next two is more excitement than they normally are used to.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 10:56:47 AM »

Never said they'd lose on Thursday, but OSU,KSU, MU would mean three in a row.  Obviously they'll win on Thursday.  But if they lose three in a row to close out the regular season that would hurt their number 1 seed chances.  Not saying they still couldn't get a 1, but it would be a given like it is now.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »
Them's some wobbly wheels on that jayhawk cart, and Massa Seff may have some trouble keeping it between the ditches between now and the Big 12 tournament.  ku could drop games to both K-State and Mizzou to create a 3 game losing streak that closes the season.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »
Them's some wobbly wheels on that jayhawk cart, and Massa Seff may have some trouble keeping it between the ditches between now and the Big 12 tournament.  ku could drop games to both K-State and Mizzou to create a 3 game losing streak that closes the season.

Not gonna happen, imo

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 03:47:56 PM »
March Madness creates its own drama.  It's the best event in all of sports.  As a KU fan, I want KU to go 16-0 in the Big 12 every year and sleep walk their way to a #1 seed. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 03:51:12 PM »
March Madness creates its own drama.  It's the best event in all of sports.  As a KU fan, I want KU to go 16-0 in the Big 12 every year and sleep walk their way to a #1 seed. 

No doubt on all accounts, except the sleep walk part.  Maybe we differ in opinion, but I would prefer a good challenge or two along the way.  Gives you some highs and lows.  Ups and downs are a lot of fun.

Can have all that and still go 16-0, or I guess 15-1 now.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 03:52:27 PM »
March Madness creates its own drama.  It's the best event in all of sports.  As a KU fan, I want KU to go 16-0 in the Big 12 every year and sleep walk their way to a #1 seed.  

Oh, you have to be a KU fan to want your team to do that? I guess I figured all fans wished their teams would go undefeated in their conference and get a #1 seed in the tournament. Man I have LBBIQ.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 10:44:05 PM »
What a wickedly horrid thread.