Author Topic: Tension...  (Read 6193 times)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Tension...
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 10:44:11 AM »
I'm thinking sacrifice Ojeleye with a couple of KITN's to toothless and elevator dick.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 11:03:59 AM »

Yeah.  Not to mention that if KU has a weakness defensively, its that they've allowed opponents to shoot pretty well from 3 against them at 34%.

One of the key factors in the first game was that we had our worst game allowing offensive rebounds vs KU, but that evened up a bit b/c we were better on the offensive glass than they were.  We also managed to force KU into one of their worst TO% games as well.  Maybe most importantly, they had a FTR of 61%, nearly double our FTR of 33% and a better eFG%.   

I'd say the keys for us are to get into at least the mid-40% numbers for our own FTR without allowing them much more than what they had last time (I'm conceding that they'll have a higher FTR), staying even on the offensive glass, and most importantly hitting shots.  A eFG% of 50% and offerall offensive efficiency of at least 115 is probably mininimum to win in Lawrence.

And play at least a little bit of defense.

Our best def efficiency/eFG% in the Huggs/Frank era was 122/54.2 in Beasley's year.  124/63.5 last year.  And under Huggs an incredible 132/59.6.  

I'd say the goal should be under 120/50 to make it a game.

We also really need to put a butt on somebody on the boards.

Offline BEFR

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
ksu starts out cold from the field, ku doesn't.  games over at the 10 minute mark of the first half. 

for some karmic reason, 'zacker usually turns out to be right... but i think it is just as likely that we are loose and aggressive... the reverse happens, ku is tight and hesitant... all pressure is on them... but, sadly... we're fracked by some bad calls late in the second half, they hit their 'throws... and we lose by eight

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 12:27:54 PM »
Doesn't it seem like we've seen this type of setup for KU a thousand times?  Until I see it end differently, here's what I expect:

*  A KU run at some point--beginning or middle of the game--to get ahead by at least 15.

*  Other team makes it a bit closer at some point, but KU still wins comfortably by double digits.

*  Reed or Morningstar go 4-4 from 3 point land, including two in a row during the above-mentioned streak.

*  Aldrich doesn't have a loud offensive game, but somehow finishes with 15 points to go with 15 boards.

*  Collins misses some 3s early on, but then starts making them to answer whenever other team tries a mini-surge.

*  Either Marcus Morris or Xavier Henry go wild, scoring 23 points while everybody is focused on Aldrich and Collins.

*  Ref makes a huge charge call on K-State to kill momentum during an attempted surge, and to give a key K-State player 3 fouls with at least 7 minutes left in the first half.  

*  Halfway through KU run, KU gets a turnover and comes down the court on a fast break.  Ku player appears to charge, but a block is called instead and the KU player makes the basket.  #  NOTE:  this may be where the key K-State player picks up his 3rd foul with 7+ left in the first half.

*  KU fans embarrass themselves and the state on television with their fat, ugly bodies & faces, racist t-shirts, and non-sensical signs.  Fortunately, the game is not nationally televised, so the state's embarrassment will be confined to the region.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:29:27 PM by slimz »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 12:33:40 PM »
what a lot of you ku game pessimists are missing it that there is a very good chance that sherron will play poorly.  i mean think about it, sherron might be more than a little melancholy the last few weeks knowing that senior night was coming.  i mean while i, of course, have never experienced being on the court at afh, i get the feeling it must be a lot like crack for the ego, and i would want to be taking everything in so i could remember it before my last fix.

i am just wondering because he seems to be playing alot like cole was earlier in the year, with his mind and spirit being in two different places.  just a theory triggered by all the threads on the emotion that surrounds the ku vs. ksu senior night game and the fact that sherron has not really been sherron since the last ku vs. ksu game.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 12:36:36 PM »
Doesn't it seem like we've seen this type of setup for KU a thousand times?  Until I see it end differently, here's what I expect:

*LIST

It's scary how much none of this would surprise me at all.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 12:37:56 PM »
we have to score the ball in the first 5-8 minutes and not turn it over.  our defense during that time is irrelevant, imo, because ku is going to get theirs, especially at home (my hope is that luis gets in foul trouble in the first 2 minutes of the game). we do that and it might end up being a ball game. 

In the first KU game, whenever Lu was in Aldrich would double Kelly (or Samuels) immediately in the post and we were generally unable to make them pay like OSU did Sat because Lu cannot finish like Moses or the OSU fresh did.  Add in the fact that at Allen we will be lucky to get the ball out the double team w/o a turnover , I fear for history repeating on Wed  :ohno:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 12:39:24 PM »

*LIST

It's scary how much none of this would surprise me at all.

I'm thinking that most, if not all, of those teams were pretty terrible.  This isn't to say that the normal KU game can't/won't happen, but the best of any of those K-State teams was on the bubble.  

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 12:41:33 PM »
I'm thinking that most, if not all, of those teams were pretty terrible.  This isn't to say that the normal KU game can't/won't happen, but the best of any of those K-State teams was on the bubble.  

Don't get me wrong. I really think K-State has a shot tomorrow. If we play near our potential we can beat anyone in the nation, including KU. I'm just saying that nothing on that list jumped out at me as crazy. All of it seemed possible.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 01:33:37 PM »
Doesn't it seem like we've seen this type of setup for KU a thousand times?

No. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 01:34:03 PM »
can it happen? YES

will it happen? prob not

we'll see how it is officiated in the first 7 min that will tell alot

if we are w/ in 5 or maybe even up, watch out  :bait:

Offline 1992

• Fan