Author Topic: K-State destoys KU with what?  (Read 1756 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
K-State destoys KU with what?
« on: October 25, 2011, 11:37:06 PM »
You guessed it; more zone read.

I'll try to get something up on the passing game tomorrow about the clown suit Snyder put on Gill and co.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
Re: K-State destoys KU with what?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 11:42:46 PM »
 :emawkid:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 01:11:25 AM »
I enjoy these.

also very worried that this sort of run game won't work vs OU. any insight to that?

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 04:58:18 AM »
Thanks _FAN - these are awesome!!!
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 07:37:07 AM »
I enjoy these.

also very worried that this sort of run game won't work vs OU. any insight to that?

It makes me feel better than in the past, b/c it seems like our success is predicated more on numbers/assignments than speed/athleticism. Which is good b/c I think we'd probably lose to OU in a foot race, but maybe could beat them in a math contest?

What was Nick Saban's theory when he first went to Bama? Something about reacting to the increased speed on the defensive side of the ball by recruiting "power runner" type offensive players and targeting the short side of the field more on offense, because when you cram all those speedy guys into a reduced space, they just become "smaller" (I think this was predicated on the concept of teams playing safety-type athletes at LB, like we do Lamur).

I'm more worried about them doing the opposite to our defense.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 07:42:54 AM »
on reading the DT instead of DE:  is this something that was game planned?  or is it merely a numbers thing where you block the nth guy or read the nth guy on a certain side of the ball.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 08:50:12 AM »
on reading the DT instead of DE:  is this something that was game planned?  or is it merely a numbers thing where you block the nth guy or read the nth guy on a certain side of the ball.

That is gameplanned, and it is all dependent on how the defense plays. It is helpful inside the redzone because it allows Klein a vertical running lane right through the left guard instead of outside the left tackle, which with this formation is better because we had recievers (and therefore more KU defenders) to the left side of the play.

In the 2nd clip where Klein runs wide, reading the defensive end is more sound because KU doesn't have numbers outside the tackle (because of the formation), especially with the tight end to block the corner bringing it off the edge.

Teams can reasonably anticipate what defenses will do based on formations and personnel and in both cases we had KU outschemed and therefore outnumbered at the point of attack leading to both Klein TDs.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »
I enjoy these.

No reason these schemes can't or won't work against OU, but OU will be much more sound and disciplined in how they defend the plays. Plus OU's better players will be able to recover from misreads (like KU's linebackers overpursuing in the first two clips) and perhaps make a play on the ball. However, I have no doubt we can run the ball against OU, the key offensively will be taking advantage of passing situations. Really, that's what we did that led to more offensive success against KU (and in many ways against Texas Tech).

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »
Hat-tip to your magnificence, ksu_FAN!  May a squadron of beautiful vaginas find their way to your crotch by day's end.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 09:12:19 AM »
 :sdeek: