Author Topic: I Don't Really Like Sports  (Read 3454 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: I Don't Really Like Sports
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 08:45:05 AM »
I think you would feel better about pro sports if one of your local teams had won something meaningful in your lifetime.
:adios:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 08:48:16 AM »
sports.  what is a sport?  who does a sport?  why do sports?  what is a sport?  sports.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 08:54:19 AM »
sports are really good social events

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »
They are also very good conversation points when you meet someone new.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 09:02:51 AM »
I'm still very meh about the NFL. I guess I should have been a chiefs fan, but my cousin played for Buffalo when I was a kid, so we were Bills fans. Then he quit playing and I pretty much quit caring about the bills.

Agree on Thursday night MAC games. I can watch any CFB game and enjoy it. My CBB is pretty limited to K-State. I cannot watch baseball, hockey, or non-WC soccer.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 09:16:35 AM »
I def went through something similar and came out the other side enjoying sports.  Just have to learn to enjoy it absent the emotional ties.  I really only get emotional about KSU stuff, and even that emotion is about half what it was in college. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2012, 09:18:21 AM »
sport.  the belle of the ball.  sport, who loves them?  sport.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2012, 09:26:44 AM »
Ever since I started doing fantasy football, I can watch the NFL every day. Even if none of my players or opponent's players are playing, I'm still watching for players that I could trade for, pick-up, etc. Didn't really like the NFL before I did fantasy football, though. And it's the only professional sport I enjoy watching during the regular season.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2012, 09:32:19 AM »
I think I would watch more sports if I could regularly gamble on them. That sounds like something about sports I would enjoy.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2012, 09:51:49 AM »
I really just dont have the time or the want anymore and as soon as I got rid of cable I genuinely dgaf

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 09:55:26 AM »
I care a ton more about college sports than pro sports. I'll watch every Cowboys game that's on, but that's about where my NFL watching ends.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 10:02:38 AM »
Love the NFL.  LOVE it.  didn't so much out of college, but I do lots of weekly picks and stuff, keeps the interest, makes it fun.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »
sports.  why sports?  why not fern collecting?  why not writing?  why sports.  sports.

Offline bringonthecats

• Fan
  • #teamwillspradling #teamnosleeves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »
love k-state sports, the chiefs, golf, soccer, tennis, & the olympics. the most boring sports are without a doubt MLB & NBA. what in the world is the attraction of the NBA? a bunch of really tall, really full of themselves dudes standing around and half-jogging up and down the court. i could see that for free if i went shopping at a big & tall store. and tall people picking out clothes would be more interesting than NBA games.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »
love k-state sports, the chiefs, golf, soccer, tennis, & the olympics. the most boring sports are without a doubt MLB & NBA. what in the world is the attraction of the NBA? a bunch of really tall, really full of themselves dudes standing around and half-jogging up and down the court. i could see that for free if i went shopping at a big & tall store. and tall people picking out clothes would be more interesting than NBA games.

Because they're awkward and stuff?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
I like to watch movies. Sometimes I like to read books. I also like to take naps.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 12:33:10 PM »

Who jogs around in a Big and Tall store? I don't think you understand the NBA.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »

Because NBA players are really good at basketball. I cringe sometimes watching college basketball, even highly ranked teams. Its embarrassing compared to the NBA.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 04:01:02 PM »
I'm not into fantasy sports.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2012, 05:02:55 PM »
I think I would watch more sports if I could regularly gamble on them. That sounds like something about sports I would enjoy.

I thought this as well but as it turns out I am very bad at gambling hence speeding up my distaste for most pro sports.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »
I like sports more and more every day.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2012, 05:33:30 PM »
I think you would feel better about pro sports if one of your local teams had won something meaningful in your lifetime.

There must be some truth to this. As a kid, I remember playing nerf baseball in the living room with my brother (ghost runners!), using the actual lineups from the Royals (me) and the Cards (him). How the hell did we get those in nineteen-eighty-whatever? To this day, I can still name more Royals from that 85 roster than I can from any other team in MLB today.