Author Topic: Next 2 opponents...  (Read 3847 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Next 2 opponents...
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 12:28:21 PM »
Nebraska hasn't won a conference championship since 1950 and is among three schools to never have won an NCAA tournament game.

:surprised:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 12:32:49 PM »
Nebraska hasn't won a conference championship since 1950 and is among three schools to never have won an NCAA tournament game.

Only South Floria (Ron Anderson's team) and North Western (king of the slth's Carmody) can say that with them.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 12:37:47 PM »

Only South Floria (Ron Anderson's team) and North Western (king of the slth's Carmody) can say that with them.

The team is infamous for its futility, winning its sole National Championship in 1931 (according to the Helms Athletic Foundation) and its last Big Ten Conference title in 1933. The team has consistently finished in the bottom half of the Big Ten, with only two finishes above fourth place since World War II and none since 1968. It has never appeared in an NCAA tournament (despite hosting the first NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship game in 1939 and the 1956 NCAA Men's Final Four[2]). It has appeared in the National Invitation Tournament 5 times (1983, 1994, 1999, 2009, 2010).

At least South Florida can say they didn't start playing basketball until 1971.