Author Topic: Delton  (Read 9439 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Delton
« on: October 07, 2016, 08:29:26 AM »
A friend of mine is close friends with the dad of a walk-on player.

Reportedly Delton has been getting a LOT more reps in practice this week with the 1s.

There is little doubt, if Ertz's struggles on Saturday, Snyder is going to have a quick hook.

Of course I want Jesse to be successful, but if he struggles, I will be very pleased if Delton gets the call. Though Coach would likely go with Hubener.

GO STATE !

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Delton
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 08:57:03 AM »
GOOD

Offline dlineguyz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 09:03:31 AM »
Go ahead and pull that trigger LHOFHCBS

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »
Go ahead and pull that trigger LHOFHCBS and fire our 2-headed OCs
FYP

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 10:35:08 AM »
Please, that one dad guy of that one fullback of ours will just tell Bill, "sounds good" and promptly put Hubes in or run Ertz back out.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 10:36:35 AM »
Is there anyone more widely beloved by a fan base than the second string QB when the starter isn't doing well?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 10:42:26 AM »
Is there anyone more widely beloved by a fan base than the second string QB when the starter isn't doing well?

Well it's really the only change a football team can make in season that has an opportunity to turn a season around.  So it makes sense.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »

Lately we haven't even had to wait for the starter to do anything.

Sams was pretty beloved even while Klein was purportedly in Heisman contention.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 10:49:32 AM »
It won't matter if they don't trust him. You guys think DimDel will open up the playbook for the backup?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 10:59:23 AM »
It won't matter if they don't trust him. You guys think DimDel will open up the playbook for the backup?

There is part of me that thinks this could actually be helpful. Just signal the play in and run it instead of changes at the LOS. Let the players just make plays, its clear that when this system doesn't have a QB that can completely handle it we end up with paralysis by analysis. Its always been a major weakness of Snyder coached teams.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 11:02:08 AM »

There is part of me that thinks this could actually be helpful. Just signal the play in and run it instead of changes at the LOS. Let the players just make plays, its clear that when this system doesn't have a QB that can completely handle it we end up with paralysis by analysis. Its always been a major weakness of Snyder coached teams.

Exactly, we overthink it and we end up hurting ourselves worse than if we "just ran the play"
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 11:23:23 AM »

I was talking with a friend the other night, and I basically said that if you have a QB in this offense that can run, but he doesn't have the coaches' trust to open up the playbook, but you have a QB who the coaches theoretically trust but don't want to run, it all kind of washes out.

Sure, they may feel more comfortable with Ertz back there since he's been here so long, but if they aren't willing to run him, our offense is going to continue to sputter.  We may be better off with a condensed playbook and a guy that can use his legs to make plays under center.

Based on last Saturday, I'm not convinced there is anything more than a marginal difference in throwing ability between the two.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 11:29:06 AM »
the offense is predicatable if you've played against it enough or have enough time to practice against it. that's we suck so bad in bowl games. it's also why you need a qb that can occasionally make a play when the original one isn't there or get seven yards on a run when most would get three like klein would do. i don't think ertz is that guy. bring on delton and let's see what happens.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 11:36:03 AM »
Sisco has made plays with his legs scrambling, that hasn't been an issue. He doesn't get many calls made for him in the qb run game, there are no designed runs for him outside of the read play. I've heard that they won't call those plays for him because they think he runs tentatively because he's afraid of injuring his knee again.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 11:38:20 AM »
Delton like 2010 Klein vs Texas  :excited:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »
Sisco has made plays with his legs scrambling, that hasn't been an issue. He doesn't get many calls made for him in the qb run game, there are no designed runs for him outside of the read play. I've heard that they won't call those plays for him because they think he runs tentatively because he's afraid of injuring his knee again.

i guess he's extended a couple of drives with his legs, but I don't see big play ability from him in the run game or the pass game and if what you said about him being afraid to run is true, then he isn't going to be kleinesque either. I'm not saying he can't or won't be decent, but I'm pretty sure he will never be great so I'm ready to move on. put the guy in who has the highest ceiling and the best chance to make this team contend next year.

that said, I'm sure ertz will have a really good game this weekend and everybody will be excited.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 11:52:00 AM »
maybe he should being a fp, tc etc. and realize he isn't going pro so he might as well become sketti brained and wobbly kneed and win some rough ridin' football games

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 11:53:37 AM »
maybe he should being a fp, tc etc. and realize he isn't going pro so he might as well become sketti brained and wobbly kneed and win some rough ridin' football games
Well this is all tee'd up quite nicely for MIR to come in and go all scorched earth.  :buh-bye:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 12:27:06 PM »
Well this is all tee'd up quite nicely for MIR to come in and go all scorched earth.  :buh-bye:

meh, boring
 :bait:

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 12:38:25 PM »

no KSU quarterback has ever run so tough and right off tackle, not Ell, Bish, Beasley....it was incredible
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 12:55:26 PM »

He can run, but they won't/he won't/someone won't commit to using him more in that way.

Which is sad.  But we have to have someone that can run to make the offense work the way it's supposed to work.  If he can't/won't, it may not be a bad idea for someone else to give it a go.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 12:57:41 PM »
if he's afraid of getting hurt he shouldn't play, especially if he's gonna 10 for 30.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 12:57:48 PM »

Don't you tease me! Don't you do it!

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline EMAWforever

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 12:58:52 PM »
I don't  get why we huddle anymore.  They hardly ever run the play that was called.  Coaches want to see what the defense is showing.  Why not just go to the line and call it from there.  That would save us a bunch of time which seems to be the issue.  You don't have to go fast if you don't huddle.  You can take your time doing that way.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 01:01:28 PM »
I don't  get why we huddle anymore.  They hardly ever run the play that was called.  Coaches want to see what the defense is showing.  Why not just go to the line and call it from there.  That would save us a bunch of time which seems to be the issue.  You don't have to go fast if you don't huddle.  You can take your time doing that way.

i totally agree with you, but they change personnel way more than most teams and huddling helps clean that up