Author Topic: You learn a great deal from being on Twitter  (Read 2522 times)

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
You learn a great deal from being on Twitter
« on: January 15, 2018, 12:46:15 PM »
For instance. Last week, I learned how deep seated the hatred of Coach Weber is among those who are still seething over Frank. Sports writer
mentions that Coach Weber, after Iowa State win, stated that many players played through sickness. Man tweets that Weber is making excuses and others jump on board to bash. In a moment where you would think that fans would praise the dedication of our players, they slam their coach.

Yesterday, there was a tweet from Coach Martin. Frank tweets he got back from Church to ask forgiveness and thank God for the great young men he gets to coach. Great tweet and then comes the real reason for the tweet. He announces that Rah Felder and Brian Bowen is now practicing with the team. A little back ground is in order. Frank has carried out some tweet discussions with fan(s) who are criticizing the poor performance of South Carolina. A short while after this flurry of tweets took place, it is announced that Frank is in New York to see if Rah Felder will come back and play at South Carolina. For those who don't know, Frank dismissed Felder from South Carolina for getting in trouble with the law. In one incident, Felder spit on a woman. In another instance, Felder punched a law officer and had to be tazed after being stopped for another incident.

Brian Bowen is the young man who caused the downfall of Rick Pittino. Pittino said he had no knowledge of Bowen being paid 100,000 smacks to sign with Louisville. Pittino was taken down when it came to light that a FBI undercover agent witnessed the whole thing come down and witnessed Pittino giving his okay. If we are to believe the wiretaps, and FBI cover agent, it is a fact that Bowen's father demanded 100,000 dollars for the services of his son. This takes away his amateur status.

Yes, we learn a great deal from Twitter. We now know just how far Coach Martin will go in order to win. I ask the readers, here, to contemplate one thing.

How horribly would oscar Weber be crucified, by local and national media, if he made a trip to North Carolina and begged Bullnuts to come back and play for him after realizing just how badly he needs a post player to complete the puzzle? What would you think, fellow posters, if your coach did such a thing? And, here, we're not talking about Maurice slugging a law officer or spitting upon a woman.

Is there a coach in this land who would touch Brian Bowen after knowing that his father was caught red handed selling his son to the highest bidder?
In an article posted about this situation, the South Carolina AD states: "Bowen hasn't been charged with anything. We will do all we can, he assures the hungry South Carolina fans, to get him cleared with the NCAA."

I propose to you that this is how some basketball coaches find their way to tournament success. They make a sham of this student athlete thing and continually compromise themselves by skirting and breaking the rules. It's even more in your face when you consider that Frank's long time assistant is under indictment.

I belabor this point in order to point out the crooked, compromised state of College Athletes and sports across the board where winning is cheered so much that it doesn't matter how you get there. I mention this because it should be pointed out that a Coach was crucified, and continues to be crucified, because he happened to follow a coach who is willing to compromise every principle in order to win.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: You learn a great deal from being on Twitter
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 12:50:44 PM »
Salute?

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 12:51:34 PM »
There's only two coaches in college BB. Loser Oscar and long-gone Frank.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 01:11:57 PM »
I have no problem with cheating and it's likely imperative to have sustained success.  Try to keep it to a minimum.  Try not to get caught.  But by all means do what it takes.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 01:26:09 PM »
Great c&p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 01:39:32 PM »
#LIFE = Weber? :eek:

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 03:28:26 PM »
deep seated
 :lol:

Also, I think oscar should go beg Maurice to come back.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 04:01:34 PM »
dnr    :whistle1:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 05:08:21 PM »
Who is Bullnuts?

Also, you state that it's the coaches that "make a sham of the student athlete thing". Is this really the case or is it the universities and pro-leagues that are doing it? I think the coaches are just the middle men who happen to make a nice living off exploiting student athletes. Not as nice as the universities and certainly not as nice as the league owners in basketball or football.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 11:20:26 PM »
deep seated

that's actually the right way to spell it.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 06:05:57 AM »
#LIFE, I can always count on you to put things into perspective.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 06:33:41 AM »
deep seated

that's actually the right way to spell it.

Welp, guess I'm the idiot.  I always thought it was deep seeded.  Ole learnin wins again.   

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 08:32:42 AM »
You're coming to the board that created MCMW to ask us how we'd feel if Weber got a bunch of criminals on our team to make us better?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 09:47:53 AM »
If Weber had Azubuike instead of Sallah on this KSU team, KSU would win the conference and probably go 37-2. Self wins on the recruiting trail. That is not a criticism, but it is a fact. KSU has almost beaten KU twice at AFH the last two years with considerably less talent than KU had in those two games. Self is a decent coach and a Hall of Fame recruiter, particularly at KU

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 10:24:05 AM »
that is an incred quote

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 06:01:52 PM »
Tldr
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 06:23:52 PM »
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best