Author Topic: I've never seen a man take so much ridicule and scorn  (Read 3035 times)

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I've never seen a man take so much ridicule and scorn
« on: February 24, 2017, 07:57:35 AM »
From the minute he stepped on campus, oscar Weber was met with derision and placards. He was the man chosen by the man who ran the man out of Man Hattan. He didn't stand a chance. The fans were drunk on the wine delivered by a pipeline from D.C. "He can't win with his own players." He, momentarily, silenced the jeers when a Championship was finally won after decades. Then came the LaSalle loss. "He didn't have his team prepared to play." Then, the force delivered another huge blow. Huggins, the one who got it all turned around, was coming back to the Big XII and Manhattan to play oscar every year. Every year, he would have to be reminded of the shoes he couldn't fill.

Then came Angel's departure. "He ran Angel off." All through the long summer, we were assured that the program was finished. Weber couldn't keep Angel, Rodney was gone.....well Frank's players were dwindling in numbers. But along came Marcus Foster who drew national attention and the Cats kept rolling and, once again, were silenced by another NCAA bid. By a brutal stroke of the force, oscar drew Kentucky......a team that would go on to play for the National Championship. oscar, and the boys, kept it close throughout. DJamer went down in the process. The jeers began once again. "He hasn't won an NCAA game in years....."

Then came the year that the star thought he had arrived. Marcus decided to take it easy because he thought all he had to do was show up for the game. "Weber's too soft." "Weber's too hard." As the losses mounted, the "I told you soer's" came out of the woodwork. "I told you he couldn't win with his own players." The press, sensing the venom of a large portion of the fan base, began to jump on Weber with growing fervor. The venom took it's effect on the players who were working their butts off while Marcus played. Fans can't understand that when you ridicule the coach, the players take it personally because, after all, they, too, are not getting the job done. If you think this is an exaggeration, please consider this tweet sent out by Big Gip this morning. With a clip of the fan booing Weber down in Texas, Gip remarked:

"See this the type of shoet I'm talkin about.....Does any other school have a Troll like this? Let me know......"

To make a long story short. It gets worse by the day. The force threw another blow to Weber. This time Bulldog Underwood came back to the Big XII. Huggins, and now Underwood.....playing in the same conference as the man who was chosen by the man who drove the man out of Man Hattan.
The force can really pile it on believe you me. As the media keeps showing that picture of the 3 real men walking down the floor at Bramlage, 2 of those 3 have returned to the conference as if to rub it in oscar's face. You can't make this stuff up and it played right into the hands of the people who despise the man who was chosen by the man to replace the man that was driven out of Man Hattan.

I can assure you that all of this venom poisons the body and places added pressure on the coaches and the players who play for them. So, it's time.

Coach Weber. You should resign. It's too toxic here now. You should go to a lesser, losing program where the people would present a positive environment. And then I have a suggestion for John Currie. Create a list of those coaches who would be willing to coach at K-State next year.
Present that list to K-Staters and let them vote for the next coach. That way they can't blame anyone but themselves if it fails and can take credit if it succeeds.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I've never seen a man take so much ridicule and scorn
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:02:20 AM »
Should have just posted the last paragraph only.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 08:04:13 AM »
Interesting if true.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:17:25 AM »
Poor coach Weber.  He never got a fair shake.  :rolleyes:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 08:28:55 AM »
I'm fascinated with the space in Manhattan

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 08:29:41 AM »

There is some truth to the fact that Weber was behind the eight-ball right away.  But if he won people would've supported him.  He did not win, and it's getting worse.

The fact that Weber was an unpopular choice, however, speaks to the monumentally bad decision that Currie made.  No way Currie should get to hire another coach.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 08:45:09 AM »
49-44 the past three seasons. 0 NCAA tournament wins in five seasons.

Zero sympathy.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »
whatever

guy took over a program with inertia and killed it

give me a break

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 09:15:02 AM »
I pity no person who makes 7 figures per year because they are expected to perform and perform well.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 09:26:22 AM »
He could have turned the job down if he was so concerned about being "behind the eight ball"
He didn't, though. He took the job and the mountain of cash that came with it.
I have zero pity for him.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 09:27:02 AM »
All I have to do is compare what oscar is doing with what got Asbury and Wooly fired from K-State and even what got him fired from Illinois. This is not hard and no amount of making oscar a victim changes that in my mind.

The person who was copied for the OP is ridiculous.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 09:29:07 AM »
Wow you guys are really debunking the op, nice work. :-)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 11:46:14 AM »
classic #LIFE post

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 11:52:23 AM »
GET OUT OF HERE #LIFE!  :curse:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 03:19:57 PM »
Poor coach Weber.  He never got a fair shake.  :rolleyes:
Oscar, weiner, we gave it some love and a good shake or two.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 04:04:45 PM »
"You should go to a lesser, losing program where the people would present a positive environment."

Nebraska. oscar would be a perfect Husker hoops guy.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 04:54:07 PM »
i think oscar is a bit too flashy for huskguy
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »
"You should go to a lesser, losing program where the people would present a positive environment."

I like that the thesis of this post is that oscar should go someplace where there are no standards/expectations so he can have less stress and be free to be the boss stud coach he was meant to be. Poster has a different worldview but is in essence agreeing with most of gE that oscar should be a mid-major coach.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »

Nubb is still way too P5 for oscar.  He needs to go back to the Valley and get Indiana St or Evansville back up to a respectable level.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 06:06:26 PM »
oscar would be fine at most SEC schools.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 03:53:46 AM »
Don't bring the Force into this.  :curse:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 10:42:54 AM »
ridicule and scorn are his bread and butter.  you saw how he ate up testy westy, he was like a hog at the trough.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 12:40:08 PM »
He deserved praise for his first 2 years. I don't care what team he inherited, he went 14-4 won the the B12 and made B12T finals and won 27 games entering the Tourney. Kstate's best team went 11-5 got 2nd, made the B12T finals and won 26 games b4 the Tourney.  No doubt the LaSalle loss was a big thud. It's tough to win NCAA games when your 2 best players have off and awful nights. McGruder 5-17 FG and Angel 0-6 FG 2 point game were so disappointing.  The loss of Angel wasn't Weber fault. Year 2 having a winning B12 record and being a 9 seed was also a solid job. We had no chance to beat that UK team in NCAA

However, Weber also deserves blame and must take ownership of everything that has happened the last 3 seasons, especially what happened in year 3 and then this year. A bad non con, 5 game losing streak after a 5-2 start to league play, and then losing to Tcu in KC.  The 3 straight home wins over top 20 teams to end 2015 were no consolation for what was a disappointing season.   This season, he has watched as his team has regressed as the season went along. The close road losses to Tech Ku and Isu were frustrating.... but the no attitude, lack of energy and enthusiasm this team showed vs Tcu/Isu/OkSt at home is far far worse.  And even if we somehow pull out 3 straight wins, even the supporters like myself will be in favor of a coaching change.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 06:52:42 PM »
oscar would be fine at most SEC schools.

Doubt it. Wasn't he supposed to do better here out of the shadow and expectations of the Chicago recruiting base and the Big 10 conference?