Author Topic: midlife crises  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: midlife crises
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2023, 02:02:21 PM »
I feel like most "outdoor dogs" live like 5 years max before they run off or get hit by a car. granted this could just be my farm dog experience.

yeah, it's definitely darwin in action. we had one that just had "it". name was max. half german shepard half huskie. perfect sw ks breed (lmao wtf?). but, he dominated farm life. probably because he was big and mean as crap. but only seemed like it. irl he was a giant teddy bear. but he barked like crazy whenever anyone drove within 1/4 mile from our house which was his main job. he lived to be like 15 years old which is insane because he never entered a house and would lose his mind if you tried to make him come into the house and obviously lived a tough old farm dog life. he was the only animal I ever saw my dad show any kind of emotion towards. when he died my dad put him in a 50 gallon drum and buried it on our ranch with a front end loader somewhere. kind of weird right? yeah, I know. pretty fuckin' sweet though.

Great story, Max lived a great farm dog life.

My grandparents had one farm dog (collie) that lived to like 12 when I was younger then went through 2-3 other outside farm dogs in like 6 years before they moved into town.

Every time lil ben ji would come to visit he would be excited to see the dog and it would always be a different one

ben ji "GRANDPA! Where is Gus?!?"
grandpa "He ate some rat poison"

ben ji "GRANDPA! Where is Tom!?!"
grandpa "Got hit by a car"

Good grief lol

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2023, 04:20:11 PM »
I feel like most "outdoor dogs" live like 5 years max before they run off or get hit by a car. granted this could just be my farm dog experience.

yeah, it's definitely darwin in action. we had one that just had "it". name was max. half german shepard half huskie. perfect sw ks breed (lmao wtf?). but, he dominated farm life. probably because he was big and mean as crap. but only seemed like it. irl he was a giant teddy bear. but he barked like crazy whenever anyone drove within 1/4 mile from our house which was his main job. he lived to be like 15 years old which is insane because he never entered a house and would lose his mind if you tried to make him come into the house and obviously lived a tough old farm dog life. he was the only animal I ever saw my dad show any kind of emotion towards. when he died my dad put him in a 50 gallon drum and buried it on our ranch with a front end loader somewhere. kind of weird right? yeah, I know. pretty fuckin' sweet though.

Man, I can't help but LMAO.  Putting his dog in an underground vault reminds me of when my old man put Mom in a concrete vault.  Three yrs. later he died and my bossy older brother wanted him to be buried in a vault like Mom was.  I was in charge and my old man told me that he didn't want to be buried in a vault, but my older sister insisted that I follow my brother's wishes so he got buried in a vault.  MY OLD MAN WOULD BE PISSED.  I hope he doesn't bring that up in the afterlife.  :pray:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2023, 09:22:49 AM »
What's the complaint with chickens? If it's the noise, it can't be any worse than most peoples dogs.

I know this is unpopular, but I don't like living near dogs either.
Agree. I appreciate dogs for what they are but prefer not to be around them all else equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter how much people like their dog there is no way anybody enjoys living around other dogs.

My neighbor has no dogs but loves my dogs and always ask's when he can watch them. Every day when he gets home my dogs hear his truck pull in, run to that corner of the lawn and then he walks over and pets them over the fence.

Oh man, this is a great neighbor. Doggie SF is a complete psycho (in the bestest way) and just hates going to the daycare/boarding place when we travel. I'd love a neighbor that would take her when we are gone.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2023, 04:04:58 PM »
What's the complaint with chickens? If it's the noise, it can't be any worse than most peoples dogs.

Agree. I appreciate dogs for what they are but prefer not to be around them all else equal.

No matter how much people like their dog there is no way anybody enjoys living around other dogs.

My neighbor has no dogs but loves my dogs and always ask's when he can watch them. Every day when he gets home my dogs hear his truck pull in, run to that corner of the lawn and then he walks over and pets them over the fence.

Oh man, this is a great neighbor. Doggie SF is a complete psycho (in the bestest way) and just hates going to the daycare/boarding place when we travel. I'd love a neighbor that would take her when we are gone.

Be careful, they may be abusing your dog.  It has been known some are run by perverted dog handlers.  They could be giving little SF doggo milk toast instead of a healthy bone.  The worst ones will tie multi colored ribbons on your fur baby and the other dogs will reject her due to the transgender issue.  BE CAREFUL MY FRIEND!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2023, 04:12:28 PM »

Be careful, they may be abusing your dog.  It has been known some are run by perverted dog handlers.  They could be giving little SF doggo milk toast instead of a healthy bone.  The worst ones will tie multi colored ribbons on your fur baby and the other dogs will reject her due to the transgender issue.  BE CAREFUL MY FRIEND!

This confused me so much I completely forgot what I was going to do after reading.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2023, 04:30:01 PM »

This confused me so much I completely forgot what I was going to do after reading.

SF, life has it's ups and downs; sometimes it's hard to see around the corners.