Author Topic: anyone ever tried the 21 shot thing?  (Read 10205 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: anyone ever tried the 21 shot thing?
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 10:16:35 AM »
our couch got pissed on so many times it wasn't even funny, but different people too. Our house was always the place to crash after a night at Aggieville. One time, a roommate got woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of pissing hitting carpet full stream. fml
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 10:43:12 AM »
hate to like, brag and stuff. but i cashed 21 while "pregaming" from 7:30-10:30 at my place before even heading to aggieville. kept a list too, with type of shot taken, and the exact time at which it was taken. pregaming shots consisted of admiral nelson, that tequila that pours you a shot into its cap (1851?), peppermint schnapps (delish) and jaeger bombs.
no memory of aggieville, obviously, but my friends tell me i did in fact reach 30 shots for the night.  shots at aggieville consisted of a crow bar (151, tequila, and whiskey), a flaming giraffe (???), a crown & butter (????), and various others.
 did not puke all night, did not piss myself, and made no bad drunk dials or texts (which is really something if you know me.)

Online PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 11:35:11 AM »
our couch got pissed on so many times it wasn't even funny, but different people too. Our house was always the place to crash after a night at Aggieville. One time, a roommate got woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of pissing hitting carpet full stream. fml

Based on this, and your previous bed bug post, your apartment sounds disgusting.  Jmo.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 11:38:19 AM »

Based on this, and your previous bed bug post, your apartment sounds disgusting.  Jmo.

two different places. Also living at a different place nowadays. Thank you for your concern though.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 02:30:32 PM »
21 shot thing is a little old ballz.  I'd rather get more creative and try to drink 21 different drinks throughout the day/night.

perfectly acceptable. how many different colors can you put in your body?
you'd have to think of the drinks before hand and write them down, or write them down during your first couple of drinks.  I can see the memory getting a little hazy after a while.

just as long as we agree not to make a book about it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 02:45:30 PM »
no books but you would definitely need a map of drinks...a drink map of sorts

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 02:45:52 PM »
you could call it the 21 Shots on Birthday Drink Map

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 02:47:36 PM »
Surprised there isn't some stupid drink combo/ mission thing in Aggieville like a Natural Disaster or something. Or is there and I am not hip to the scene.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
Surprised there isn't some stupid drink combo/ mission thing in Aggieville like a Natural Disaster or something. Or is there and I am not hip to the scene.
used to just grab friends and do this every saturday, called it the "Bar Olympics"

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 03:12:42 PM »
used to just grab friends and do this every saturday, called it the "Bar Olympics"

Winter break used to do similar, this was at the height of the Inferno, so we did Inferno challenges.  Mostly drinking related, but more like 2nd cousin.

Ex>  hoe many bites to eat an apple?  My friend?  2  Also, I Inferno challenged my sis in-law to a sprint from Varney's to Hunam. 

Her:  "I run marathons, bleah, bleah, bleah." 
Me: "Oh yeah?  Well you just got burned, and I was wearing your tights and I ripped my shirt off and said mean things to you in a loud voice."

So, yeah.  I think it is fun to do things when you are drunk.  But make them so that you win, because winning feels awesome.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 03:21:34 PM »

Winter break used to do similar, this was at the height of the Inferno, so we did Inferno challenges.  Mostly drinking related, but more like 2nd cousin.

Ex>  hoe many bites to eat an apple?  My friend?  2  Also, I Inferno challenged my sis in-law to a sprint from Varney's to Hunam. 

Her:  "I run marathons, bleah, bleah, bleah." 
Me: "Oh yeah?  Well you just got burned, and I was wearing your tights and I ripped my shirt off and said mean things to you in a loud voice."

So, yeah.  I think it is fun to do things when you are drunk.  But make them so that you win, because winning feels awesome.
we would go from bar to bar and have challenges at the different bars, -darts, pool, trivia, run 21, basketball, any video games (Golden Tee), etc etc.  can be great fun coming up with creative drink challenges, and the Ville is always fun to be drunk at during the day when you kinda have it to yourself.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 03:46:25 PM »
The Pet Shop

Tarantula
Fish Bowl
(some sort of animal drink)

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 04:09:49 PM »
you could call it the 21 Shots on Birthday Drink Map

you could make hundreds!

we would go from bar to bar and have challenges at the different bars, -darts, pool, trivia, run 21, basketball, any video games (Golden Tee), etc etc.  can be great fun coming up with creative drink challenges, and the Ville is always fun to be drunk at during the day when you kinda have it to yourself.

this just happened naturally. foosball was usually the highlight.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 04:37:22 PM »
I didn't do it because I'm pretty small and I didn't feel like killing myself. I did get outrageously drunk though

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »
I'm still 20  :angry:.  I have had a lot of friends do 21 shots and have a great time.  I'll probably end up getting talked into it in a few months.

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 05:00:25 PM »
Don't want to brag, but I tend bars in Aggieville nad through the course of a Thurs/Fri/Sat. I would guess I take avg. 12-15 shots a night. And most of my friends who bartend in Aggieville would tell you the same thing.  Think 21 shots would be pud, although I never did it on my b-days (spent 21st and 22nd in Vegas).

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 05:01:31 PM »
hate to like, brag and stuff. but i cashed 21 while "pregaming" from 7:30-10:30 at my place before even heading to aggieville. kept a list too, with type of shot taken, and the exact time at which it was taken. pregaming shots consisted of admiral nelson, that tequila that pours you a shot into its cap (1851?), peppermint schnapps (delish) and jaeger bombs.
no memory of aggieville, obviously, but my friends tell me i did in fact reach 30 shots for the night.  shots at aggieville consisted of a crow bar (151, tequila, and whiskey), a flaming giraffe (???), a crown & butter (????), and various others.
 did not puke all night, did not piss myself, and made no bad drunk dials or texts (which is really something if you know me.)

flaming giraffe = 151, butterscotch schnapps, kahlua
crown & butters = crown royal, butterscotch schnapps

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 06:33:25 PM »
i tried to do it. think i only made to 17/18 though. went missing for three hours and then showed up on my parents doorstep and told them i was ready to go to bed. didn't wake up until 6pm the next day. nobody knows where i was for three hours and parents house was like a fifteen minute walk to aggieville. i would advise to not try to do this.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:15:25 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »
i tried to do it. think i only made to 17/18 though. went missing for three hours and then showed up on my parents doorstep and told them i was ready to go to bed. didn't wake up until 6pm the next day. nobody knows where is was for three hours and parents house was like a fifteen minute walk to aggieville. i would advise to not try to do this.

sounds like an awesome story.  :cheers:

would love to see a video of your parents reaction to discovering you that night.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2010, 12:50:36 PM »
21 shot thing is a little old ballz.  I'd rather get more creative and try to drink 21 different drinks throughout the day/night.

perfectly acceptable. how many different colors can you put in your body?
you'd have to think of the drinks before hand and write them down, or write them down during your first couple of drinks.  I can see the memory getting a little hazy after a while.

+1

Went on a pub crawl once with all the places pre-listed on a piece of cardboard, then just went down the list and marked down what I had drunken.  Would have never remembered it all or recorded it for posterity without said card.

Total damage:  5.2 liters of beer, two shots ... and more vomiting than I've totaled in the 12 years since.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2010, 02:25:59 PM »
Don't want to brag, but I tend bars in Aggieville nad through the course of a Thurs/Fri/Sat. I would guess I take avg. 12-15 shots a night. And most of my friends who bartend in Aggieville would tell you the same thing.  Think 21 shots would be pud, although I never did it on my b-days (spent 21st and 22nd in Vegas).

I would agree I have several startending friends but you may take 15 shots in O-Bomb form or duck fart. It's not like you're shooting three wisemen and prairie fires all night

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2010, 02:36:40 PM »

I would agree I have several startending friends but you may take 15 shots in O-Bomb form or duck fart. It's not like you're shooting three wisemen and prairie fires all night

Yeah but how long are you there? (Crushnasty)

catzacker

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2010, 03:26:08 PM »
I would suggest bar golf.  Pick 9 bars and establish bogey, par, birdie, eagle for each bar.  For example, Auntie Mae's:  eagle = 2 tarantula's, birdie = 1 turantula, par = 2 beers, bogey = 1 beer.  Throwing up is a double bogey.  It sounds like it should be complex, but it's not.  It's entirely fun.  BTW, I won mine by getting an eagle on the final "hole" at 12th Street (5 scotch and waters).

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2010, 10:25:56 PM »

Yeah but how long are you there? (Crushnasty)

Maybe 7 hours, don't start taking shots til 10:30-11 probably on most nights.  And although they don't taste as bad as Prairie Fires or 3 Wisemen, most bombs/shots I take have pretty close to the same alcohol content as the ones you mentioned.  3 Wisemen roughly = three 1/3 shots of 80 proof alcohol, so equiv. to Viking War Helmet. Not much diff.... Don't like shots w/ Irish Cream/Baileys in them.

So, to answer your questions  its pretty similar in alcohol content per shot, in a 3 1/2 hour window.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 07:51:53 AM »
3 Wisemen roughly = three  single shots of 80 proof alcohol.

FYP, unless you're a pussy.