Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3147171 times)

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #19750 on: November 12, 2018, 10:32:03 AM »
Mangino trolling kU and they're eating it up.

https://twitter.com/KeepSawinWood/status/1061731712584085506

Maybe Seth will bring Mangino back with him...
I could get down with that. Former Cat that graduated hs with me has been beating the Mangino drum on FB. Thinks he could run the O from the booth and be a beast on the recruiting trail.
didn't Mangino suck at Iowa State? ........pretty sure he's washed...
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19751 on: November 12, 2018, 10:40:50 AM »

I could get down with that. Former Cat that graduated hs with me has been beating the Mangino drum on FB. Thinks he could run the O from the booth and be a beast on the recruiting trail.
I should know this but what has Mangino been doing since he left ISU?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19752 on: November 12, 2018, 10:48:05 AM »
Trying to lose weight.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19753 on: November 12, 2018, 10:48:50 AM »
I'm not sure I've ever seen any job vacancy where the skill gap between the first and second option is as great as it has to be between Les Miles and whoever KU's second option is. Just look at who they found the last time they had an opening.

I think that was part of a plan.  They wanted a cheap coach while they paid off past failures.  If they caught lightning in a bottle, great, but I don't think they actually expected an A&M WR coach to be the answer.

Well they fell another decade behind in facilities and now its a waste land in Lawrence that only a washed old timer would touch.

They are not a decade behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When was the last time you were in Lawrence? The place is a freaking dump. To say that they're a decade behind really isn't a stretch.

Because dumbass K-State fans think that the recruits go tour the restrooms in the North Endzone.

The AFC is a perfectly adequate facility, they currently have better practice fields than K-State, they are building a new indoor facility right next to the AFC.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #19754 on: November 12, 2018, 10:50:13 AM »

I should know this but what has Mangino been doing since he left ISU?
Watching his boys and former staff coach. Playing with his grandkids. I chatted with him for a quite bit at a game this year.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19755 on: November 12, 2018, 02:23:50 PM »
I'm not sure I've ever seen any job vacancy where the skill gap between the first and second option is as great as it has to be between Les Miles and whoever KU's second option is. Just look at who they found the last time they had an opening.

I think that was part of a plan.  They wanted a cheap coach while they paid off past failures.  If they caught lightning in a bottle, great, but I don't think they actually expected an A&M WR coach to be the answer.

Well they fell another decade behind in facilities and now its a waste land in Lawrence that only a washed old timer would touch.

When was the last time you were in Lawrence? The place is a freaking dump. To say that they're a decade behind really isn't a stretch.

Because dumbass K-State fans think that the recruits go tour the restrooms in the North Endzone.

The AFC is a perfectly adequate facility, they currently have better practice fields than K-State, they are building a new indoor facility right next to the AFC.

Adequate? My old high school weight room is adequate for any D1 player to work out in. There isn't a single piece of equipment in Vanier that's not found in that old place. Does that mean my high school is on par with K-State? No, of course not, so don't be ridiculous. Anderson is a cinder block structure that was built on a budget of almost a 1/3 of Vanier and completed over ten years ago. They've done some renovations since then that have really helped the looks of things inside, but it's still not what a competitive D1 program should be.

Practice fields... really?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19756 on: November 12, 2018, 02:33:06 PM »
Yes, practice fields. They have a great set up, and will have a nice indoor completed soon, all located together.

Believe it or not, a big issue with hiring the next coach at K-State is practice facilities, and Gene knows this.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19757 on: November 12, 2018, 03:32:10 PM »

Adequate? My old high school weight room is adequate for any D1 player to work out in. There isn't a single piece of equipment in Vanier that's not found in that old place. Does that mean my high school is on par with K-State? No, of course not, so don't be ridiculous. Anderson is a cinder block structure that was built on a budget of almost a 1/3 of Vanier and completed over ten years ago. They've done some renovations since then that have really helped the looks of things inside, but it's still not what a competitive D1 program should be.

Practice fields... really?

Dumbass K-State fans gotta quit comparing K-State and KU.   We all know that Vanier is a much nicer and more impressive looking building from an overall architectural perspective.   But the dumb talking points that K-State people keep bringing up on this topic are inconsequential to the grand scheme.   KU has nice offices, nice dressing room, nice team meeting rooms, a nice weight room, and for right now they have better practice facilities than we do.  It's a good base line of player/admin facilities for any coach.   

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19758 on: November 12, 2018, 03:38:57 PM »
SonOfBMWJayhawk

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19759 on: November 12, 2018, 04:02:01 PM »
dax has been hacked by timhawk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19760 on: November 12, 2018, 04:49:15 PM »
No, but I just  :lol: at these takes about KU's football facilities just because the stadium is a dump in areas that recruits don't see.

Recruits see the empty seats, that's what they care about.    Here's an example of why the takes are so dumb.   Their team meeting room and ours.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19761 on: November 12, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »
Intelligence is one of the Four Pillars of KU Football?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19762 on: November 12, 2018, 05:19:06 PM »
those 4 pillars should say RUN, PASS, CATCH, TACKLE

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19763 on: November 12, 2018, 05:31:15 PM »
those 4 pillars should say RUN, PASS, CATCH, TACKLE
Much easier to remember than 16 Goals. Coach could have really used some help from a straight-talking editor when he crafted those 16 goals. About nine of them mean the same thing as another one of the 16 goals.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19764 on: November 12, 2018, 06:12:30 PM »
Not gonna lie, KU's cup holders for their meeting room seats are pretty nice.  I bet we had some bean counter dork who decided to save like $5 per seat and order the non cup holder model instead.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19765 on: November 12, 2018, 06:37:00 PM »
Not gonna lie, KU's cup holders for their meeting room seats are pretty nice.  I bet we had some bean counter dork who decided to save like $5 per seat and order the non cup holder model instead.

You got that way wrong dude.  You think mega control freak, wipe your feet, take off your hat, no jewelry LHC Bill Snyder lets his players bring beverages into his meeting room?

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19766 on: November 12, 2018, 06:55:12 PM »
I for one am enjoying this new squawk version of Dax.  gE needs this

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #19767 on: November 12, 2018, 07:17:15 PM »
No, but I just  :lol: at these takes about KU's football facilities just because the stadium is a dump in areas that recruits don't see.

Recruits see the empty seats, that's what they care about.    Here's an example of why the takes are so dumb.   Their team meeting room and ours.

Other than all the tacky crap ku has on the wall, what's the difference here?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19768 on: November 12, 2018, 07:23:11 PM »
They have better cup holders
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #19769 on: November 12, 2018, 07:28:36 PM »
Beatty blamed the refs for their loloss
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19770 on: November 12, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »
No, but I just  at these takes about KU's football facilities just because the stadium is a dump in areas that recruits don't see.

Other than all the tacky crap ku has on the wall, what's the difference here?
Looks like KU can only seat about 90 while Bill can address 120 youngsters at one time.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19771 on: November 12, 2018, 07:40:57 PM »
I've always said dax and Beems were father and son and now it's a little too obvious.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19772 on: November 12, 2018, 07:50:21 PM »
I admire dax for having the courage to speak to inconvenient truths.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19773 on: November 12, 2018, 08:02:20 PM »
Mr. President, we must not allow a cup holder gap!!

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19774 on: November 12, 2018, 08:24:44 PM »
Do the seats in the KSU player meeting room have those little tables that lift up from the side and fold over to make a table?  That may account for the cup-holder gap.  Also gives KU a table gap.