Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145293 times)

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #18700 on: November 13, 2017, 11:35:05 AM »
Making fun of KU was much more fun back when we were winning.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18701 on: November 13, 2017, 11:47:21 AM »
Well boys, it couldn’t have been avoided. Our Hawks just walked into 49 straight buzzsaws on the road over the last 8 years.

they get the other team's worst shot every time

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18702 on: November 13, 2017, 06:58:08 PM »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18703 on: November 13, 2017, 10:49:14 PM »
It has truly begun.  The sleeping giant is stirring....

http://cjonline.com/news/2016-elections/2017-11-08/ku-seeks-authority-build-26-million-indoor-football-practice-facility

This, on the same day KU's chancellor issue a resounding statement of approval of Beaty and Zenger. Said they are doing things the right way. Incredible.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article184449833.html

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18704 on: November 13, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »
[insert John Brown picture holding Beatty and Cheyenne Zulu in each arm]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18705 on: November 14, 2017, 10:09:56 AM »
Keegan has been a delight all season, and this week is no different.  I had higher hopes for his article on "The Streak," but it was still pretty good.

State-by-state records during the streak, listed in order visited: Colorado (0-1), Texas (0-18), Kansas (0-4), Mississippi (0-1), Iowa (0-5), Nebraska (0-1), Georgia (0-1), Oklahoma (0-6), West Virginia (0-3), Illinois (0-1), North Carolina (0-1), New Jersey (0-1), Tennessee (0-1), Ohio (0-1).

The head coaches: Mark Mangino (0-4), Turner Gill (0-9), Charlie Weis (0-12), interim Clint Bowen (0-5) and Beaty (0-15).

The starting quarterbacks, all of whom came to Kansas on scholarship, listed in chronological order of first road start: Reesing (0-4), Jordan Webb (0-7), Quinn Mecham (0-2), Dayne Crist (0-3), Michael Cummings (0-7), Jake Heaps (0-4), Montell Cozart (0-7), Deondre Ford (0-1), Ryan Willis (0-5), Stanley (0-2), Bender (0-3).
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/sports/columns/tom_keegan/

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18706 on: November 14, 2017, 10:14:37 AM »
More Keegan because he's just too good at this:

My long-term vision must differ from that of Zenger and Beaty. Here’s what it shows: Kansas storms into Conway, S.C., on Sept. 26, 2020 for a pick’em game against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers. A sellout crowd of 15,000 at Brooks Stadium — named in honor of Coby Garrett Brooks and Boni Belle Brooks, children of Hooters chairman Bob Brooks — buzzes in anticipation of a possible victory against a school from a power five conference.

What is a Chanticleer? Dictionary.com to the rescue: “1. a rooster: used as a proper name in medieval fables.”

Anyway, back to the future.

The 15,000 strong head home disappointed. Dom Williams runs for 200 yards and Kansas ends its record road losing streak at 57 games.

As for the immediate future, any coach in Beaty's situation would load up on junior-college recruits in hopes of having a good enough fourth season to merit a fifth. Will anybody care enough about the future to stop him?
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2017/nov/13/tom-keegan-does-winning-football-mean-much-it-once/

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18707 on: November 14, 2017, 10:22:54 AM »

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #18708 on: November 14, 2017, 11:42:59 AM »
More Keegan because he's just too good at this:

My long-term vision must differ from that of Zenger and Beaty. Here’s what it shows: Kansas storms into Conway, S.C., on Sept. 26, 2020 for a pick’em game against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers. A sellout crowd of 15,000 at Brooks Stadium — named in honor of Coby Garrett Brooks and Boni Belle Brooks, children of Hooters chairman Bob Brooks — buzzes in anticipation of a possible victory against a school from a power five conference.

What is a Chanticleer? Dictionary.com to the rescue: “1. a rooster: used as a proper name in medieval fables.”

Anyway, back to the future.

The 15,000 strong head home disappointed. Dom Williams runs for 200 yards and Kansas ends its record road losing streak at 57 games.

As for the immediate future, any coach in Beaty's situation would load up on junior-college recruits in hopes of having a good enough fourth season to merit a fifth. Will anybody care enough about the future to stop him?
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2017/nov/13/tom-keegan-does-winning-football-mean-much-it-once/

This is awesome and, quite frankly, the new M.O. for KU football...

1) Hire a shitty football coach.
2) Give them 4 years to "fix it".
3) Lose 95+% of the games over the first 3 yrs.
4) Fill the fourth recruiting class with 20-25 juco recruits in hopes of winning in year four.
5) Set the program back 3-4 years with that horrible juco strategy.
6) Fire existing coach and hire a new shitty coach.
7) Rinse and repeat.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18709 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:33 AM »
except no coach there has gotten a 4th year since Mangino

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18710 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:59 AM »
relax guys, its basketball season

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #18711 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:07 PM »
except no coach there has gotten a 4th year since Mangino

crap, when you put it that way it just goes to show how much smarter Chaz was than Beatty is...

At least Weis had the good sense to build the "dream team" after year two.

bears are fast...

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18712 on: November 14, 2017, 12:09:08 PM »
Their own student newspaper has turned against their coach and Cheyenne. It is utterly sad that they are going to run Beatty out of town without giving him the 7 years (minimum) he needs to turn around that dumpster fire.

http://www.kansan.com/sports/editorial-it-s-time-to-move-on-from-the-david/article_862adec6-c708-11e7-8236-5762bd9514f1.html

Beaty is now 3-31, fresh off a 42-27 loss at the hands of the Texas Longhorns that could have been a win if not for a series of coaching missteps. Last season, Kansas miraculously beat Texas in overtime for Beaty’s only victory against an FBS school. But without six Texas turnovers in 2016, Kansas would be going on three years without an FBS win. And while Weis undoubtedly left the football roster and the team’s culture a mess, that is an unacceptable lack of progress.
:dubious:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18713 on: November 14, 2017, 12:41:29 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18714 on: November 14, 2017, 12:48:11 PM »
I'm hoping my UK cats shut that down tonight.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18715 on: November 15, 2017, 10:21:43 AM »

They're still going to bitch. Take this post from the phog about the ESPN scoreboard during the game last night. They're terrible people.

Quote from: teammjs
You act like we didn't have this technology since the 90s, when it was thinner, easier to read, and looked like a man designed it instead of some gay 4th grader.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18716 on: November 15, 2017, 10:43:19 AM »

They're still going to bitch. Take this post from the phog about the ESPN scoreboard during the game last night. They're terrible people.

You act like we didn't have this technology since the 90s, when it was thinner, easier to read, and looked like a man designed it instead of some gay 4th grader.

A big chunk of their renovations is ear marked for "hetero-normalization of facilities"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18717 on: November 15, 2017, 11:55:02 AM »

A big chunk of their renovations is ear marked for "hetero-normalization of facilities"

Thank god

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18718 on: November 15, 2017, 11:56:48 AM »
The new espn thing is really horrible tho, feels like it belongs on blues clues
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18719 on: November 15, 2017, 12:23:17 PM »

Several Pitt (Fort Hays/Emporia) State grads and JCCC attenders have fired up my FB feed with this information.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18720 on: November 15, 2017, 12:34:19 PM »

Except for the tire marks on each side I actually really like it.  I like that it's mirrored.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18721 on: November 15, 2017, 12:43:29 PM »

Except for the tire marks on each side I actually really like it.  I like that it's mirrored.

Why are sports so addicted to tire marks? Adidas uniforms all have tire marks too so weird
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18722 on: November 15, 2017, 01:20:24 PM »
looks like more tickets....

Please read entire e-mail.

I will be receiving massive quantities of KU football tickets for this weekend's game (Saturday, Nov. 18) vs Oklahoma.  Kickoff is at 2:30 p.m.

I will not receive the tickets until after 2:30 p.m. today (Wednesday, Nov. 15).

If you are interested in these tickets (I am putting no limit on them) come by my office after 2:30 p.m. and pick up what you want.

omitted

Our office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Sorry about the short notice but just got word this morning that the tickets were being donated to us.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18723 on: November 15, 2017, 04:40:30 PM »
looks like more tickets....

Please read entire e-mail.

I will be receiving massive quantities of KU football tickets for this weekend's game (Saturday, Nov. 18) vs Oklahoma.  Kickoff is at 2:30 p.m.

I will not receive the tickets until after 2:30 p.m. today (Wednesday, Nov. 15).

If you are interested in these tickets (I am putting no limit on them) come by my office after 2:30 p.m. and pick up what you want.

omitted

Our office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Sorry about the short notice but just got word this morning that the tickets were being donated to us.
Are they in danger of going under the FBS minimum attendance or something?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18724 on: November 15, 2017, 05:46:48 PM »
This guy will be there