Author Topic: Non-Political Market/Economy/Finance/etc. Thread  (Read 18479 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Political Market/Economy/Finance/etc. Thread
« Reply #525 on: April 05, 2024, 02:35:26 PM »
It’s pretty wild how much of our society sits around planning for that stuff. I have an aunt and uncle who do. They have an entire basement filled with jarred preserved chickens and weird preserved food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Non-Political Market/Economy/Finance/etc. Thread
« Reply #526 on: April 05, 2024, 03:07:38 PM »
It’s pretty wild how much of our society sits around planning for that stuff. I have an aunt and uncle who do. They have an entire basement filled with jarred preserved chickens and weird preserved food.

If I was a prepper, my plan for the apocalypse would probably be coming up with the most peaceful way possible to die instead of trying to scrape through existing and being lucky not to starve to death assuming my gun toting neighbors didn’t shoot me first in order to get some potable water from my toilet to drink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 05, 2024, 03:17:50 PM »

If I was a prepper, my plan for the apocalypse would probably be coming up with the most peaceful way possible to die instead of trying to scrape through existing and being lucky not to starve to death assuming my gun toting neighbors didn’t shoot me first in order to get some potable water from my toilet to drink.

Same, I'd prob get a bunch of peanut butter or something to last the family for at least a little while to see how it shakes out, but if I got the sense that it was going to drag on and be like a complete restart, no way i'm dealing with the MAGA nuts. That would be like the only time I had any interest whatsoever in visiting the Grand Canyon.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 05, 2024, 04:27:36 PM »
I have always hoped that whatever meteor, nuke, etc that causes such an event, hit my house. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 05, 2024, 08:12:19 PM »
I have always hoped that whatever meteor, nuke, etc that causes such an event, hit my house.
Same

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 05, 2024, 09:08:42 PM »
I’ve always hoped is blasts everyone else’s houses

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 05, 2024, 10:21:29 PM »
Obviously it would be terrifying and very rapey, but to be there to witness the apocalypse....
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 05, 2024, 10:33:32 PM »

You are going to love my newest FARM update I got from my dad....

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 06, 2024, 11:17:53 AM »
If I had Meta money, I would totally build a bunker, but not for the end, more for having a LARP party where we all dress up like our fav prepper and shoot paintballs and water cannons at Chinese drones and stuff, the. Hang out on my private Hawaiian beach and stuff.

That makes sense .

Your grandpa hoarding beans in his tornado shelter doesn’t, imo.