Author Topic: Weird emails/texts from your parents or grandparents  (Read 55385 times)

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Weird emails from your parents or grandparents
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2012, 01:31:09 PM »
Somebody needs to start goEMAWM.com. Our mom's are BBS gold

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »
If its a whif a month now it's probably going to be a few bites to the nuts in 20 years  :dance:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »
He isnt actually paying you to go see 2016, he is paying FOR you to see it.

Huge ripoff if your time is worth crap.

My Dad has officially reached the point where what he says is so crazy its cute. I just want to pinch his cheek and say thanks for looking out for me.

I've bolded my favorite parts

Kids,

1)  I will pay you to see the movie 2016.  Email me the cost of tickets (and a pizza) to go see the movie.

2)  I've switched from bee stings to Southern Copperhead venom in my quest to strengthen my immune system and avoid getting arthritis.  For the past year and a half I've been doing the venom.  I switched from a bee sting per week to a "whiff" of venom every couple months.  If I go much past that the pain in my hands reminds me that I am 'over due'.  I will increase to a 'whiff' every month now that I know the wear off time frame.

I am informing you of what I am doing.  I am NOT recommending anyone else do this nor am I recommending this for anyone that gets cancer.  I am experimenting to confirm that a "hot" immune system does prevent the onset of diseases.  Specifically I am testing this particular venom because of the protein in the venom which appears to fight cancer.  My ultimate quest is to push the limits of longevity - not just age but being physically and mentally sound at ancient ages, maybe even past 120.  My mentor made it past 100.  I am watching a second mentor now.  We shall see.  One thing is certain.  I've successfully prevented the onset of arthritis in me (my hands) for about 10 years now between the bee and S. Copperhead venom.

Health wise, you all are not far behind me.  Remember, bee pollen and venom work with your own immune system to make it stronger, a natural combination.  Drugs work as a band aid, relieving symptoms at the cost of introducing toxins into your body which then must be flushed out.  Most elderly people today take so many drugs, they run the risk of drugs reacting to each other causing toxic combinations in the body.  That's the herd of sheep mentality, what most people will do.  For me, "no thanks".  I'll take the pain of a bee sting (or other).

I'm starting to see more research is being done on this venom and cancer on the internet.

Below find some basic research information.

================================================================================= 

Research info

This is a set of comments from a story on the Southern Copperhead venom.

I think these comments were based on the same single event.

I do not think the lady became cancer free, just the tumors quit growing for several months.

Note she did get anti venom treatment to lesson the harmful impact of a bite.

Copperhead venom bites are one of the most painful snake bites.
There are (5) species of copperhead snakes.
The Southern Copperhead has a special protein in it's venom which suppresses the growth of tumors.

Contortrix Contortrix is the Southern Copperhead.  Venom type, differs from other copperheads some.

Agkistrodon conrotrix, general copperhead family, has a hemorrhagic toxin venom.  (Can make you sweat blood, scary.)

Know that there are 3 categories of venom, depending upon how it works -

Neuro toxins
Hemo toxins
Myto toxins

==============================
============================= 

Here is the link to the entire video and the following blog comments below -

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/the-venom-cure/video-copperhead-venom-and-cancer-research/4419/

Keith says:
January 3, 2009 at 10:02 pm
Our neighbors sister had cancer and was terminal so bad she was on hospice. She was bit by a copperhead and now is cancer free.

Relda says:
January 5, 2009 at 2:44 pm
This is true I am the neighbor of Keith who sister was bit by a copperhead. I will try to explain this in short version. My sister lives in TX was diagnosed with Stage 4 of Sacroma cancer and was on chemo treatments for about two months. They had told her there was nothing more they could do for her and stopped chemo she had also been on hospice for several months. Even with the bad news she had not given up on living. My sister is not one to sit around and feel sorry for herself she was determined to get her lawn cut by herself. She had gone outside to get on her riding lawn mower, thats when she was bit by a copperhead. After her snake bite she only got stronger and stronger and actually was taken off hospice because she was doing so well. I would say that the snake bite froze the spread of the cancer and she did get better; however her six turmors are still there. The snake bite happened around March 08 and just recently is experiencing some growth in one of the tumors. The doctors are possibly looking at doing some radiation. I would like to somehow get a hold of this Frank Markland and maybe have him look at her medical records. Estell as far as it being safe I would say no don’t go out and find a snake if we could get some information from this Frank Markland maybe he could give us some answers. I haven’t had any luck in finding a way to reach him.

Dottie says:
January 5, 2009 at 8:45 pm
I am the sister, Dottie, that was bit by a copperhead snake. The doctors were very amazed that I had got better. The doctors had only given be about two months to live. I did not look for the snake. This is a miracle! I was sitting, very tired and sick. Something told me to look at the lawnmower, It took me along time to walk to the mover and I reached to the tire. At the time that is when the snake bit my finger! I was in ICU for two days. They were concerned on the chemo and the snake venom combination but it worked both ways. It helped not losing my finger and the cancer had froze, or stopped growing. Sarcoma cancer is a very fast growing tumors. I believe it was in God’s hands in helping me with the cancer. I don’t think it was time for God to let me go.

Bonnie says:
January 6, 2009 at 7:53 am
I am also a sister to Dottie. When Dottie was a bit by the copperhead, she was whisked off to the hospital in an ambulance. They immediately gave her an anti-venom something or other. Obviously, there was still enough venom in her system to stall the growth of this soft-tissue sarcoma.
I believe Professor Markland is on to something. Please tell us more. Dottie is very willing to be a test case.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2012, 09:06:58 PM »
Technically he is paying me in pizza.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »
Technically he is paying me in pizza.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Not actually pay.

Offline Stacie Owens

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 09:15:11 PM »

My 90 year-old Grandpa sends quite a bit of email, and when he does he always just puts random words in quotations. V. weird.

Maybe you're "the" weird one.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »
i fail to see how sniffing snake venom every 2 months would prevent arthritis

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 02:45:27 AM »
Read the testimonials. That's how it works.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2012, 08:59:38 AM »

Thats because I forgot to but the subject line in my post. The subject line was "MEDICAL SCIENCE"

ITS SCIENCE GOD DAMMIT

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
can you drink snake venom?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »
can you drink snake venom?

It looks like Whiffs are the tested way right now, but if you do decide to drink some pleae note that

I am informing you of what I am doing.  I am NOT recommending anyone else do this nor am I recommending this for anyone that gets cancer

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2012, 06:10:11 AM »
I don't think venom does anything to you if you drink it.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2012, 09:04:02 AM »
Subject:  Sports Talk

Anything you want me to ask Jay Bilas while we're having cocktails this evening?

Dad

:sdeek:

Will update when I get more info.
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2012, 09:22:22 AM »
never saw this before.  whoever's father that is with the venom should warn him to be careful when collecting it and about developing an allergy to the venom.

not going to say it can't work in some fashion though, i think there is some evidence that exercising an immune system can have general health benefits.  does he mean literally taking a whiff?  like smelling it?  that's not likely to do anything, but it could help him develop an allergy.  he'd need to inject.  use sterile needles.  and don't guess on dosages, measure.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
Update...No longer using snake venom because "It puts me in a pissy mood for a couple days after" Also my mom told me that he took too much one time and his leg became swollen and he could barely walk...didnt even go to the hospital, just sucked it up for the rest of the week.

My Dad has officially reached the point where what he says is so crazy its cute. I just want to pinch his cheek and say thanks for looking out for me.

I've bolded my favorite parts

Kids,

1)  I will pay you to see the movie 2016.  Email me the cost of tickets (and a pizza) to go see the movie.

2)  I've switched from bee stings to Southern Copperhead venom in my quest to strengthen my immune system and avoid getting arthritis.  For the past year and a half I've been doing the venom.  I switched from a bee sting per week to a "whiff" of venom every couple months.  If I go much past that the pain in my hands reminds me that I am 'over due'.  I will increase to a 'whiff' every month now that I know the wear off time frame.

I am informing you of what I am doing.  I am NOT recommending anyone else do this nor am I recommending this for anyone that gets cancer.  I am experimenting to confirm that a "hot" immune system does prevent the onset of diseases.  Specifically I am testing this particular venom because of the protein in the venom which appears to fight cancer.  My ultimate quest is to push the limits of longevity - not just age but being physically and mentally sound at ancient ages, maybe even past 120.  My mentor made it past 100.  I am watching a second mentor now.  We shall see.  One thing is certain.  I've successfully prevented the onset of arthritis in me (my hands) for about 10 years now between the bee and S. Copperhead venom.

Health wise, you all are not far behind me.  Remember, bee pollen and venom work with your own immune system to make it stronger, a natural combination.  Drugs work as a band aid, relieving symptoms at the cost of introducing toxins into your body which then must be flushed out.  Most elderly people today take so many drugs, they run the risk of drugs reacting to each other causing toxic combinations in the body.  That's the herd of sheep mentality, what most people will do.  For me, "no thanks".  I'll take the pain of a bee sting (or other).

I'm starting to see more research is being done on this venom and cancer on the internet.

Below find some basic research information.

================================================================================= 

Research info

This is a set of comments from a story on the Southern Copperhead venom.

I think these comments were based on the same single event.

I do not think the lady became cancer free, just the tumors quit growing for several months.

Note she did get anti venom treatment to lesson the harmful impact of a bite.

Copperhead venom bites are one of the most painful snake bites.
There are (5) species of copperhead snakes.
The Southern Copperhead has a special protein in it's venom which suppresses the growth of tumors.

Contortrix Contortrix is the Southern Copperhead.  Venom type, differs from other copperheads some.

Agkistrodon conrotrix, general copperhead family, has a hemorrhagic toxin venom.  (Can make you sweat blood, scary.)

Know that there are 3 categories of venom, depending upon how it works -

Neuro toxins
Hemo toxins
Myto toxins

==============================
============================= 

Here is the link to the entire video and the following blog comments below -

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/the-venom-cure/video-copperhead-venom-and-cancer-research/4419/

Keith says:
January 3, 2009 at 10:02 pm
Our neighbors sister had cancer and was terminal so bad she was on hospice. She was bit by a copperhead and now is cancer free.

Relda says:
January 5, 2009 at 2:44 pm
This is true I am the neighbor of Keith who sister was bit by a copperhead. I will try to explain this in short version. My sister lives in TX was diagnosed with Stage 4 of Sacroma cancer and was on chemo treatments for about two months. They had told her there was nothing more they could do for her and stopped chemo she had also been on hospice for several months. Even with the bad news she had not given up on living. My sister is not one to sit around and feel sorry for herself she was determined to get her lawn cut by herself. She had gone outside to get on her riding lawn mower, thats when she was bit by a copperhead. After her snake bite she only got stronger and stronger and actually was taken off hospice because she was doing so well. I would say that the snake bite froze the spread of the cancer and she did get better; however her six turmors are still there. The snake bite happened around March 08 and just recently is experiencing some growth in one of the tumors. The doctors are possibly looking at doing some radiation. I would like to somehow get a hold of this Frank Markland and maybe have him look at her medical records. Estell as far as it being safe I would say no don’t go out and find a snake if we could get some information from this Frank Markland maybe he could give us some answers. I haven’t had any luck in finding a way to reach him.

Dottie says:
January 5, 2009 at 8:45 pm
I am the sister, Dottie, that was bit by a copperhead snake. The doctors were very amazed that I had got better. The doctors had only given be about two months to live. I did not look for the snake. This is a miracle! I was sitting, very tired and sick. Something told me to look at the lawnmower, It took me along time to walk to the mover and I reached to the tire. At the time that is when the snake bit my finger! I was in ICU for two days. They were concerned on the chemo and the snake venom combination but it worked both ways. It helped not losing my finger and the cancer had froze, or stopped growing. Sarcoma cancer is a very fast growing tumors. I believe it was in God’s hands in helping me with the cancer. I don’t think it was time for God to let me go.

Bonnie says:
January 6, 2009 at 7:53 am
I am also a sister to Dottie. When Dottie was a bit by the copperhead, she was whisked off to the hospital in an ambulance. They immediately gave her an anti-venom something or other. Obviously, there was still enough venom in her system to stall the growth of this soft-tissue sarcoma.
I believe Professor Markland is on to something. Please tell us more. Dottie is very willing to be a test case.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »
Subject:  Sports Talk

Anything you want me to ask Jay Bilas while we're having cocktails this evening?

Dad

:sdeek:

Will update when I get more info.
Did you ever get more info?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2013, 08:20:22 PM »
About once a month my mom will forward me one of the email's the Athletic Department sends out, she just sent me the one they sent out today about signing day.

I normally say something back like "Saw that" or "That's interesting".

Should I tell her I get them too or should I just keep letting her feel like she is passing along valuable information?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2013, 08:21:34 PM »
About once a month my mom will forward me one of the email's the Athletic Department sends out, she just sent me the one they sent out today about signing day.

Should I tell her I get them too or should I just keep letting her feel like she is passing along valuable information?

Let your mom have this one. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2013, 08:26:54 PM »

Yeah, Moms and Dads love telling you news that you've known for a long time. I usually humor them and say "Cool!"

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2013, 08:43:54 PM »
My mom always sends me emails to let me know someone died.

And for some reason she always overuses commas,,,,,,, and periods......  It's kind of annoying.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Weird emails from your parents or grandparents
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2013, 07:03:46 AM »
Let your mom have this one.

yeah, pretty adorbs ben ji

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2013, 08:16:57 AM »
The only emails I get from my dad are creepy right wing insanity and pictures he takes out on the farm that look like he took them while running from wild animals completelty shitfaced.  He is quite a texter.  I'll go back through the last week. 

(Last Night)

I hope they have towels to wipe off bills slobbers

Omg. 2 n a row. Can OU make it 3.  Get game TCU
:drink:

(Friday Night)

Suppose if I FB one of those if I get 100 likes Obamba will quite, will I hit that mark?
  :facepalm:

(Inaguration Day)

Drop an m80 in D c today u would be confeity
  :horrorsurprise:

(Sunday before last after getting home from road trip)

We home. Just in time. Unloaded twice. Now feel good!
  :flush:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »
The only emails I get from my dad are creepy right wing insanity and pictures he takes out on the farm that look like he took them while running from wild animals completelty shitfaced.  He is quite a texter.  I'll go back through the last week. 

(Last Night)

I hope they have towels to wipe off bills slobbers

Omg. 2 n a row. Can OU make it 3.  Get game TCU
:drink:

(Friday Night)

Suppose if I FB one of those if I get 100 likes Obamba will quite, will I hit that mark?
  :facepalm:

(Inaguration Day)

Drop an m80 in D c today u would be confeity
  :horrorsurprise:

(Sunday before last after getting home from road trip)

We home. Just in time. Unloaded twice. Now feel good!
  :flush:

And THAT'S what this thread is all about, folks.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
Weird emails/texts from your parents or grandparents
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
More Dad.

"Enjoy being in top it might be short lived. Long trip back from OU  hope bills Nu gal was worth it. Must have shot his wade n more ways than bb!"
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Weird emails/texts from your parents or grandparents
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2013, 08:58:46 AM »
Yeah. My dad texted me at 2 am last night cause he couldn't wait to tell me KU lost.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."