Author Topic: The Big V (vasectomy) thread--for grown-up 'Cat fans ONLY. (No GPCing allowed.)  (Read 25442 times)

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
As a 'Cats fan, I am cursed with being both irresistible to the Fairer Sex and incredibly virile/fertile. This has presented a problem in the WonderMeal household, as I'm running out of gE names for future offspring (WonderMealette, WonderMeal Jr., WonderMealina) and can only afford so many new BSFS suites.

Going with conventional family planning methods is out of the question, due to the aforementioned potency blessing/curse that runs in the family. (Fool me three times...) So this post is about reaching out to other PotentCats about The Big V.

-How terrible was it?
-Was it worth it?
-What was the anesthetic/pain relief situation?
-What was recovery like?
-Any regrets?
-Did you do the traditional or the newfangled "no scalpel" procedure? (aka The Puncture)

Thanks to all mature Cat_FANs for helping out another Cat_FAN here. Leave your jokes on GPC.

PS. If there is already a vasectomy thread, please merge, TIA.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
As a 'Cats fan, I am cursed with being both irresistible to the Fairer Sex and incredibly virile/fertile. This has presented a problem in the WonderMeal household, as I'm running out of gE names for future offspring (WonderMealette, WonderMeal Jr., WonderMealina) and can only afford so many new BSFS suites.

Going with conventional family planning methods is out of the question, due to the aforementioned potency blessing/curse that runs in the family. (Fool me three times...) So this post is about reaching out to other PotentCats about The Big V.

-How terrible was it? It wasn't.
-Was it worth it?  Yes
-What was the anesthetic/pain relief situation?  Hydrocodone and whiskey
-What was recovery like?  See above with Xbox for the weekend
-Any regrets?  No
-Did you do the traditional or the newfangled "no scalpel" procedure? (aka The Puncture)  :dunno:

Thanks to all mature Cat_FANs for helping out another Cat_FAN here. Leave your jokes on GPC.

@mikec2w

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
heard from my dad's friends they are pud.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

-How terrible was it?
-Was it worth it?
-What was recovery like?
-Any regrets?
-Did you do the traditional or the newfangled "no scalpel" procedure? (aka The Puncture)

Ditto to what cats2win said. I didn't get any Hydrocodone tho :frown:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

-How terrible was it?
-Was it worth it?
-What was recovery like?
-Any regrets?

Ditto to what cats2win said. I didn't get any Hydrocodone tho :frown:

They didn't prescribe it to me.  It was from my private stash....
@mikec2w

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
Take care when jumping off your tractor for at least a week.  Feels like your balls hit the ground when you land.  What I've been told by others.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is this type of procedure only considered once birth control is off the table? Why would birth control be taken off the table?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
Is this type of procedure only considered once birth control is off the table? Why would birth control be taken off the table?

Some people think of the increased cancer risk as a bad thing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
pud.  Tylenol and ice. 

Never heard of the no scalpel thing but assuming it is a con man that will take your money and kick you in the balls.

Also, to address Mocat: birth control pills cause a certain percentage of crazy in the population, in my experience. 

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
this all sounds too good to be true

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I have no desire to father littleMH's. I've been thinking about getting this done.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Take care when jumping off your tractor for at least a week.  Feels like your balls hit the ground when you land.  What I've been told by others.
Has it been established where your farm is? I am always looking to get my kids back out to a farm for a few hours when we travel back to KS. I am thinking a dobber family outting to Bloodfart Acres would be real treat. I'd bring the beer or whiskey if we could get the details worked out.

On topic and not GPCy, I had a buddy (non Canadian) who told me it was great. Evidently they want you to come back in 60 days for testing to make certain no swimmers can get past. I think it took 2 weeks or so before he was back in the saddle, and then they want you to ejaculate daily or something for at least 30 days. Anyway, the point of the story is that his wife said he wasn't doing that all by himself, so they had lots of fun for 30 days...made a game of it or something.

(That is not a GPCy posts. Your responses to that post could be GPCy, but original poster asked you to refrain, so please don't.)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have no desire to father littleMH's. I've been thinking about getting this done.

Graduation present to yourself

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Only drawback is that they aren't reversible more than like 60% of the time(as of 6yrs ago anyway).

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice

Only drawback is that they aren't reversible more than like 60% of the time(as of 6yrs ago anyway).
Microsurgery advances have success rate of reversal at 99%. I've been considering getting it done as well.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Has it been established where your farm is? I am always looking to get my kids back out to a farm for a few hours when we travel back to KS. I am thinking a dobber family outting to Bloodfart Acres would be real treat. I'd bring the beer or whiskey if we could get the details worked out.

On topic and not GPCy, I had a buddy (non Canadian) who told me it was great. Evidently they want you to come back in 60 days for testing to make certain no swimmers can get past. I think it took 2 weeks or so before he was back in the saddle, and then they want you to ejaculate daily or something for at least 30 days. Anyway, the point of the story is that his wife said he wasn't doing that all by himself, so they had lots of fun for 30 days...made a game of it or something.

(That is not a GPCy posts. Your responses to that post could be GPCy, but original poster asked you to refrain, so please don't.)

I did share drinks with a guy who was Canadian and that type of doctor who told me there are rare instances that things can "re-attach" over time after the procedure.....FWIW.
@mikec2w

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sounds like I've got a semester and a half to avoid WackSquawking myself.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I had my wife get a tubal.  My next wife will likely be very young and want kids of her own, not second hand ones.

Best decision I ever made.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Microsurgery advances have success rate of reversal at 99%. I've been considering getting it done as well.

As long as that surgery isn't crazy expensive, everyone should get one at age 15 or something.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Given your age and marital status it will be a tough sell to the Dr. The only reason I was able to get mine done so early in life without having any kids already was that my family Dr did it and was also Mrs. Gooch's Dr so he was well aware of her views on having kids.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
The whole "doc approving it" thing makes me want to hurt someone.  You can have a doc shove plastic balloons inside a high school girl's chest and call it a graduation gift from her parents, but you can't take surgery as a form of birth control unless the doc understands your sitch.  That is just absolute bullshit.

I didn't remember this until now, but I did have to have my wife sign something stating she knew what I was doing and agreed to it.  Like it is against the law if a guy would get snipped and not tell his wife.  WTF?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Given your age and marital status it will be a tough sell to the Dr. The only reason I was able to get mine done so early in life without having any kids already was that my family Dr did it and was also Mrs. Gooch's Dr so he was well aware of her views on having kids.

Crohn's is linked to heredity/ genetics. eff THAT. If I ever want to raise a kid, there are plenty of children without homes out there.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i thought you guys were GPC'ing about the whole permission slip from the Dr.  wtf?  as an unmarried person can i just say "i don't want kids" and get a hall pass?