Author Topic: travel thread  (Read 1334904 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: travel thread
« Reply #11375 on: November 13, 2018, 12:42:06 PM »
MCI

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11376 on: November 29, 2018, 10:54:58 AM »
What's a good/convenient area to stay at for a weekend in DC
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11377 on: November 30, 2018, 07:25:53 AM »
What's a good/convenient area to stay at for a weekend in DC
For the weekend, I'd just grab a hotel in DC. I stayed at Capital Hilton last trip. Two blocks from Lafayette Square.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #11378 on: November 30, 2018, 07:26:16 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11379 on: December 06, 2018, 08:53:06 AM »
Getting pretty jazzed for Colorado tomorrow. First time the Mrs and I have been back to Breck since we got married there a few years ago. We'll be there bright and early in the morning. @ChiCat should we just drive into the mountains when we land or is there a must hit brunch spot on the way that we need to hit?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11380 on: December 06, 2018, 09:26:26 AM »
Getting pretty jazzed for Colorado tomorrow. First time the Mrs and I have been back to Breck since we got married there a few years ago. We'll be there bright and early in the morning. @ChiCat should we just drive into the mountains when we land or is there a must hit brunch spot on the way that we need to hit?

Snooze in denver is probably the most popular.  A fancier version of the Chef (bigger menu, more cocktails) with a few locations.  May be a wait.  Also, probably your only option on a weekday.  I think it's worth it as I learned to hate that rough ridin' drive after getting off a plane and it will break up the monotony.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11381 on: December 06, 2018, 09:31:00 AM »
 :thumbs: Thank you!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11382 on: December 07, 2018, 01:49:17 PM »

Snooze in denver is probably the most popular.  A fancier version of the Chef (bigger menu, more cocktails) with a few locations.  May be a wait.  Also, probably your only option on a weekday.  I think it's worth it as I learned to hate that rough ridin' drive after getting off a plane and it will break up the monotony.
Very good. Thank you!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11383 on: December 10, 2018, 11:21:27 AM »

New termy

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11384 on: December 10, 2018, 11:26:40 AM »
LGA

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11385 on: December 10, 2018, 11:32:03 AM »

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11386 on: December 20, 2018, 08:58:30 PM »
staying at the park hyatt beaver creek in march. flying into eagle. have always driven up from denver so that'll be nice. going to ski for the first time in my life. snowboarded in HS and college but have never had skis on my feet. should I take a lesson or some crap? can a guy in the upper end of his 30s figure out how to ski on his own without breaking bones? kind of scared of dying in a head/tree accident assuming I can get that kind of speed going. perfectly fine with looking like an idiot. ty.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11387 on: December 20, 2018, 09:02:06 PM »
staying at the park hyatt beaver creek in march. flying into eagle. have always driven up from denver so that'll be nice. going to ski for the first time in my life. snowboarded in HS and college but have never had skis on my feet. should I take a lesson or some crap? can a guy in the upper end of his 30s figure out how to ski on his own without breaking bones? kind of scared of dying in a head/tree accident assuming I can get that kind of speed going. perfectly fine with looking like an idiot. ty.
Same but for Tahoe. And I've skied before but don't own any snow clothes at all

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #11388 on: December 20, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »

Yeah, you should take lessons. One day of lessons should make you competent enough to putter down the greens, and IF you are bold enough, maybe some easy blues.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11389 on: December 20, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »
Same but for Tahoe. And I've skied before but don't own any snow clothes at all

I hadn't considered snow clothes. guess I assumed it's march so it should be in the 50s or 60s or some crap and I can wear joggers and a hoodie. eff.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11390 on: December 20, 2018, 09:04:38 PM »

Yeah, you should take lessons. One day of levels should make you competent enough to putter down the greens, and IF you are bold enough, maybe some easy blues.

ty, I will do this.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11391 on: December 20, 2018, 09:08:09 PM »
You can rent ski clothes if you don't wanna buy. Waterproof pants will be essential, since you'll probs spend a lot of time on your tushy. I've skied there a bunch around mid March, and while it's often balmy, it can also be cold, snowy, and blustery. If it's the latter and you're not wearing warm/water-proof gear, you're going to be miserable.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11392 on: December 20, 2018, 09:09:59 PM »
i am doing snowboard lessons on dec 28th mr dave (also upper 30's don't care about looking like an idiot but try to avoid broken bones)

i just bought all the snow clothes stuff last week, like i didn't even own a coat.  it's so much stuff smdh.  i'm pretty excited for this experience
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11393 on: December 20, 2018, 09:10:48 PM »
You can rent ski clothes if you don't wanna buy. Waterproof pants will be essential, since you'll probs spend a lot of time on your tushy. I've skied there a bunch around mid March, and while it's often balmy, it can also be cold, snowy, and blustery. If it's the latter and you're not wearing warm/water-proof gear, you're going to be miserable.

cool, maybe I'll just buy some and it'll then become my snow blowing/shoveling gear. still have my yellow lensed oakley snow boarding goggles that I use for this. lmao.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11394 on: December 20, 2018, 09:11:53 PM »
i am doing snowboard lessons on dec 28th mr dave (also upper 30's don't care about looking like an idiot but try to avoid broken bones)

i just bought all the snow clothes stuff last week, like i didn't even own a coat.  it's so much stuff smdh.  i'm pretty excited for this experience

I was very good toe side but would catch the lip of my heel side and flip onto my face sometimes.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11395 on: December 20, 2018, 09:13:59 PM »

cool, maybe I'll just buy some and it'll then become my snow blowing/shoveling gear. still have my yellow lensed oakley snow boarding goggles that I use for this. lmao.

Get you a jacket that's a waterproof shell with like an interior thermal liner that zips out. If it's warm and sunny, just wear the shell over your base layer.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
travel thread
« Reply #11396 on: December 20, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »

Yeah, you should take lessons. One day of lessons should make you competent enough to putter down the greens, and IF you are bold enough, maybe some easy blues.

Wow. We agree on something. I would have said the exact same thing :cheers:

Also I LOVE to ski. Learned when I was like 12 but not sure it would be that enjoyable now with bad knees. Also I am nowhere near upper end of 30’s but probably won’t be able to ski by then. :frown:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11397 on: December 20, 2018, 09:35:00 PM »
Is this a bro’s trip or are you taking sdkid?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11398 on: December 20, 2018, 09:42:21 PM »

Wow. We agree on something. I would have said the exact same thing :cheers:

Also I LOVE to ski. Learned when I was like 12 but not sure it would be that enjoyable now with bad knees. Also I am nowhere near upper end of 30’s but probably won’t be able to ski by then. :frown:
Yeah, skiing is hell on the lower body. I just assumed that wouldn't be a problem for an Adonis like Stephen David.

Also, congratulations to you for finally being right about something! :cheers:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11399 on: December 20, 2018, 09:43:45 PM »
:D
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f