Author Topic: Sean is not head coach material  (Read 20090 times)

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sean is not head coach material
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2017, 11:38:43 AM »
I remarked to my friend earlier this week that I was hopeful to see a Thompson video made by you.

Sorry.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »
You use all of these words talking about experience but if it's pointed out that he's worked with a hall of fame coach for 25 years, that wouldn't end the conversation.

he's only been a coach for 7 seasons though

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2017, 01:05:02 PM »
You use all of these words talking about experience but if it's pointed out that he's worked with a hall of fame coach for 25 years, that wouldn't end the conversation.

You're right, I'm sure he learned nothing about being a head coach working with and talking to a head coach every day for the 17 years before that. Sean, Sharon, and Shorty peas in a pod.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2017, 01:07:38 PM »
I'm sure Sean Sutton and Pat Knight learned a hell of a lot from their dads, too. WTF WHY IS THIS NEPOTISM NOT CONSIDERED OUTRAGEOUS!?!?!?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »
I don't even think his resume would be considered if his last name wasn't Snyder.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2017, 01:22:55 PM »
It's beyond nepotism, really. Given the amount of money involved in a head coaching salary, it is a MAJOR cash grab.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2017, 01:32:03 PM »

You're right, I'm sure he learned nothing about being a head coach working with and talking to a head coach every day for the 17 years before that. Sean, Sharon, and Shorty peas in a pod.

Like it's one thing to talk to dad about how he relates to teenagers and convinces him to come to play football for him, it's another thing to do it.

I can't believe I had to type that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »
lol at all of the neverSeaners in this thread-
hey guys time to grow up and learn something, sean is HC material.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2017, 01:45:51 PM »
^^^ Reply #182 to this thread ^^^

#trending #karma

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2017, 02:12:07 PM »

Like it's one thing to talk to dad about how he relates to teenagers and convinces him to come to play football for him, it's another thing to do it.

I can't believe I had to type that.

I was under the impression that Sean has already been recruiting, for years, guess I was mistaken, my bad.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2017, 02:57:27 PM »
I think KSU is a good enough job that we don't have to settle for hiring someone from within. 

Is there a chance that Sean can be an even better coach than his father? Sure, anything can happen. A walk on can make the NFL hall of fame too, but I wouldn't stop trying to recruit 5 stars.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2017, 05:19:18 PM »
I don’t want Sean as the next HC personally, but I acknowledge that he could turn out to be successful here.

Keep in mind there are some people on this board who still bag on Winston Dimel even though he’s got to be the best all around FB we’ve had under Snyder 2.0.
Braden Wilson would have had 75 TDs if his dad had been OC. Dimel is probably #2 though.
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2017, 05:50:29 PM »
dimel is amazing at blocking.  any td's he gets are deserved   :th_twocents:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2017, 09:41:59 PM »
Neither see the field in 1.0

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2017, 11:58:50 PM »
The lede of this story is "America's most successful sports franchise makes bold move against the grain of flyover country contrived message board coaching criteria."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21634728/aaron-boone-become-next-manager-new-york-yankees

If only Brian Cashman knew anything about hiring successful people he could have gotten someone experienced, guaranteed to win.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2017, 07:47:30 AM »
Meh, baseball managers are mostly worthless.  And they dress up in costumes, which is really, really weird.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2017, 03:25:19 PM »
The lede of this story is "America's most successful sports franchise makes bold move against the grain of flyover country contrived message board coaching criteria."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21634728/aaron-boone-become-next-manager-new-york-yankees

If only Brian Cashman knew anything about hiring successful people he could have gotten someone experienced, guaranteed to win.
Your dedication when it comes to stumping for Sean is admirable.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2017, 03:59:59 PM »

I don't know who I want, I change my mind every time I think about it. I have a list though. In no order

Lane
Brent
Sean
Seth LittreLL
Willie Fritz
Scott Satterfield
Dave Clawson
Bryan Harsin
Matt Rhule
Derek Mason
Blake Anderson

Lane is an exception to my never fired rule, he was 28-15 at USC.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2017, 04:01:20 PM »

who are some other candidates with non-traditional resumes you think KSU should consider to replace Bill?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2017, 04:04:03 PM »

I don't know who I want, I change my mind every time I think about it. I have a list though. In no order

Lane
Brent
Sean
Seth LittreLL
Willie Fritz
Scott Satterfield
Dave Clawson
Bryan Harsin
Matt Rhule
Derek Mason
Blake Anderson

literally Sean is the only "bold move against the grain of flyover country contrived message board coaching criteria" on the list!

Agree on Lane, I think he got mumped by USC - he would have owned without the sanctions.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »

Lane
Brent
Sean
Seth LittreLL
Willie Fritz
Scott Satterfield
Dave Clawson
Bryan Harsin
Matt Rhule
Derek Mason
Blake Anderson

literally Sean is the only "bold move against the grain of flyover country contrived message board coaching criteria" on the list!

Agree on Lane, I think he got mumped by USC - he would have owned without the sanctions.

I'm aware of that, help me with your point.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
I just think it's interesting that Sean is the only non-traditional hire that interests you.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2017, 05:19:37 PM »

Lane
Brent
Sean
Seth LittreLL
Willie Fritz
Scott Satterfield
Dave Clawson
Bryan Harsin
Matt Rhule
Derek Mason
Blake Anderson

Don’t want Derek Mason. Don’t want Sean

Bill isn’t retiring this year which I’m fine with because I’d like to see Fritz’s next year at Tulane.

Otherwise our lists have a lot of similar names. Mike Norvell is on my list. Chad Morris is in my Willie Fritz category.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2017, 05:31:04 PM »
I just think it's interesting that Sean is the only non-traditional hire that interests you.

I don't know of any others that haven't been fired or out of football for a long time.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2017, 01:10:29 AM »
Can anybody tell me what is wrong with Les Miles.  Was successful at OSU, and won a NC with LSU. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.