Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99585 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #325 on: February 08, 2015, 06:34:20 PM »
Just because it's in a book (or on a webpage) doesn't make it true.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 08, 2015, 06:37:36 PM »
that's very true FSD
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 08, 2015, 07:06:29 PM »
My reminders about Islam being founded by a conquering warlord don't seem to be getting traction, but that seems kind of important in deciding whether there is something inherent in Islam that lends itself to violence and aggression. Of course, I'm not a geography or social sciences major...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 08, 2015, 07:49:45 PM »
My reminders about Islam being founded by a conquering warlord don't seem to be getting traction, but that seems kind of important in deciding whether there is something inherent in Islam that lends itself to violence and aggression. Of course, I'm not a geography or social sciences major...
Is definitely a factor, but it somehow didn't make Islam "more violent" than any other religion until the last 100 years or so. Maybe less.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 08, 2015, 08:15:48 PM »

All major religions were spread by conquest.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 08, 2015, 08:27:42 PM »
So so far we've got...
1. GEOGRAPHY!
2. Lack of trade and resources (or too much?)
3. Poverty
4. Lack of education
5. Oppression
6. "Western" Meddling
7. Corruption
999. Islam (or more correctly a bastardizatiom of a beautiful peaceful religion - founded by a conquering warlord).

Well I'm convinced.

It's a highly valuable region with more corruption than stability. The religion is irrelevant. It's just low hanging fruit to recruit the illiterate masses to do evil.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 08, 2015, 09:23:27 PM »
Is definitely a factor, but it somehow didn't make Islam "more violent" than any other religion until the last 100 years or so. Maybe less.

:lol: You should really do a quick Google check before you post. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 08, 2015, 09:27:38 PM »

:lol: You should really do a quick Google check before you post. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

Are you insinuating this type of conquest was unique to Islam?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 08, 2015, 09:30:28 PM »

Huh. I went back an checked my Bible, and there's nothing in there about the Apostles spreading Christianity through conquest. Compare, for example, the early years of Christianity versus Islam...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_early_Christianity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 08, 2015, 09:32:07 PM »

See post above. I'm saying that Islam would have never even made it off the launching pad were it not for violent conquest. Christianity, on the other hand, spread peacefully for centuries after Jesus's death.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 08, 2015, 09:35:27 PM »

Also, you keep saying stupid stuff, and when I call you on it, you just switch to something else.

Rusty: Islam wasn't any more violent than any other religion until the last 100 years or so, maybe less.
Me: That is, from a factual perspective, complete bullshit. Here is the proof.
Rusty: Well ok, but Christianity was spread by conquest, too.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 08, 2015, 09:46:20 PM »
If you think that those two links prove one religion is significantly more violent than another, there's no point in having a discussion with you.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 08, 2015, 09:54:34 PM »
If you think that those two links prove one religion is significantly more violent than another, there's no point in having a discussion with you.

Ok. To your credit, at least you've stopped digging.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 08, 2015, 10:04:33 PM »
What's your take on the Crusades? Spanish conquest of the Americas?

Just curious how you work out your moral equivalency.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 08, 2015, 10:17:12 PM »

Huh. I went back an checked my Bible, and there's nothing in there about the Apostles spreading Christianity through conquest. Compare, for example, the early years of Christianity versus Islam...

Maybe somebody should have told that to Charlemagne.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 08, 2015, 11:37:57 PM »
Yes, in our modern world it is clearly the Christians that are to blame.  You know, because of the Crusades.

No, the Christians deserve roughly 0% of the blame.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 09, 2015, 01:13:08 AM »

The problem is you're using the bible as a reference guide..

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 09, 2015, 01:15:45 AM »
I appreciate michigancat's effort, but he ultimately concludes that it's the religious factions taking advantage of destitute people, which is to agree with everyone he is disagreeing with.  Saying that geography is to blame for the religious based terrorism is as tangential and lazy as blaming it on geology or gravity.  If anything, the religion (muslim, not just the extremist factions) is to blame for the socioeconomic demographics of that region. Obviously all of the flaws of the religion, past and present, were omitted from the analysis

I don't understand the lefts need to go  through these mental gymnastics to deflect blame and accountability. That goes for a lot if issues, not just terrorism.. It's the worst kind of political post hoc rationalization.

I think those who were upheld by the west used religion as a tool to control the masses.  The masses haven't had much progress in the Middle East and when people are illiterate, starving, and oppressed they tend to cling on to radical ideals.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #343 on: February 09, 2015, 08:09:37 AM »
The people who think the religious violence is a circumstance of geography are the same people who locked step and followed along with the story that Benghazi was the result of an insensitive [western] YouTube video. So, you know the naivete is strong with these people. They are dutiful soldiers of the left in all of its misinformation glory.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 09, 2015, 09:06:08 AM »

The Crusades were a response to the Muslim Conquests.

I'm not denying, by the way, that Christianity or any other religion has been spread at least in part through conquest. But to compare Islam to Christianity in terms of violent conquest is laughably absurd. As I've said before - and you cannot deny this - the very origin of Islam owes itself to centuries of conquest and forced conversion, without which the religion never would have even made it off the ground. Christianity, by contrast, was spread peacefully for centuries after Jesus's death.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 09, 2015, 09:09:47 AM »
LOL

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 09, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »

I'm not denying, by the way, that Christianity or any other religion has been spread at least in part through conquest. But to compare Islam to Christianity in terms of violent conquest is laughably absurd.

Because of what happened immediately after the origin of each religion? Because I think their entire histories are relevant.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 09, 2015, 10:43:39 AM »

I'm not denying, by the way, that Christianity or any other religion has been spread at least in part through conquest. But to compare Islam to Christianity in terms of violent conquest is laughably absurd.

Because of what happened immediately after the origin of each religion? Because I think their entire histories are relevant.

Again, you seem to be missing the point. the point is not whether a religion has ever been spread through conquest. Islam would not exist without violence and conquest. It saturates the Koran because the Koran was created in large part by Muhammed, a conquering (and pedophile, but that's beside the point) warlord. The same cannot be said for Christianity, which is founded on the Gospels of Jesus and therefore spread peacefully for centuries.

To suggest that Islam is a "religion of peace" or that it plays no greater role in promoting terrorism than any other religion is absurd. Now, if you want to go ahead and concede those points but argue that other factors play a greater role in promoting terrorism, fine. I still disagree, but it's not an argument I'm terribly interested in.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:47:31 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 09, 2015, 10:49:21 AM »

Again, you seem to be missing the point. the point is not whether a religion has ever been spread through conquest. Islam would not exist without violence and conquest. It saturates the Koran because the Koran was created in large part by Muhammed, a conquering (and pedophile, but that's beside the point) warlord. The same cannot be said for Christianity, which is founded on the Gospels of Jesus and therefore spread peacefully for centuries.
South America wouldn't be Catholic without Pizarro. It's weird that you think every Muslim was conquering for Allah and not wealth and power. You are ignoring the humanity of your enemy. (clearly that is how some people view this, as an Us vs. Them)